Bindippers demise

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bindippers demise

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 am

Trautmann wrote:he shouldn't resign. he should be fired.

I hope neither will happen. As long as Benitez is in charge they will keep falling further down. :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:48 am

Gerrard has come out in an interview and clearly said he wants to win the premiership before he retires and his times coming up now he's not getting younger. So no doubt if they fall into 4th his loyalty is gonna dwindle massively. I think he has give them the best years of his life and owes them nothing. He has the right now to move on. Torres is a different player and will move wherever champions league takes him most probably. Rafa WILL get sacked if they don't make Europe though and although he hasn't made many good buys its partly the owners fault fucking about with funds not giving him any until the last minute so he only has leftover players to choose from.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am

i think liverpool would have no choice but to accept a torres bid, however i think he would reject it fairly quickly. apparently he loves it there.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am

basically what liverpool have done is try and keep up with the scum on a financial footing.
and scum have had to keep borrowing to keep ahead of liverpool.
thats why there are both in the shite,
its like a horse race with 2 frontrunners burnibg themselves out.
while our beloved city just waiting in their slipstream to overtake
when they turn for home.
get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 am

Mike J wrote:i think liverpool would have no choice but to accept a torres bid, however i think he would reject it fairly quickly. apparently he loves it there.

He said he'd be proud for his daughter to grow up a scouser. Once again social services have failed to react.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

when we were first taken over torres publicly stated he would "never" leave liverpool for us. Wonder if he'll still be saying that if they continue to be the mid-table prem team that they appear to be at the moment
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby blootoof » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mike J wrote:i think liverpool would have no choice but to accept a torres bid, however i think he would reject it fairly quickly. apparently he loves it there.

He said he'd be proud for his daughter to grow up a scouser. Once again social services have failed to react.

:) ^^^

Hasn't he slated us in the past in an interview, something about us bein a small club?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:36 am

blootoof wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

:) ^^^

Hasn't he slated us in the past in an interview, something about us bein a small club?

see above
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

Wooders wrote:when we were first taken over torres publicly stated he would "never" leave liverpool for us. Wonder if he'll still be saying that if they continue to be the mid-table prem team that they appear to be at the moment

I've heard their injury table is pretty nice so fair play to him. The big gay baby
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby simon12 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Benitez has had the time to shape his team, a shedload of money, he's chopped and changed, and whats he left with? he lets a TOP player in Alonso go after publicly courting Barry(not in Alonso's class, sorry) throws his dummy out when left with Keane, who wanted to play for the club, and walked away from spurs to do it when he was loved there. He sells Keane at a big loss, Bellamy(who also wanted to stay) and Crouch, ALL of whom could have supported Torres at varying stages of the campaign, both this season and last. He hasn't utilised players like Benayoun, a fine player, always trying to make things happen, but somehow always marginalised. He has bought untold average spaniards and south americans, paid WAY over the odds for Riera, good crosser, not much else, not for our league anyway, then blowing a suitcase full on Aquilani, whos an Italian version of Lucas, exhausting the cash reserves so he's left selling players he bought and under-used to bring in players on the cheap who mayor may not make the grade. Liverpool fans slaughter the owners but theyve backed Benitez with more cash in real terms than the leprechauns at the swamp. Benitez has gone through a fucking fortune and arguably is left with a weaker pool of players than when he arrived. Take the Champions league title away, take the contract away, and he'd be going back to spain right now. He should resign.

Great post, its what I would have said if I could be arsed writing that much lol ;)

I agree on thing I would add is getting rid of Steve Highway was stupid as well
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't want United and Liverpool to be in total utter shit quite yet.

I would prefer to win our first title against them properly rather than have them artificially weakened

But....I'll take any title if that's what it comes to
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:15 pm

ant london wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want U***d and Liverpool to be in total utter shit quite yet.

I would prefer to win our first title against them properly rather than have them artificially weakened

How can they be artificially weakened? (Unless the team gets blown up)

This is just the natural order of things

Remember Liverpool in the 80s...I grew up with them winning...Anfield was a fortress...nobody ever thought their reign would end...it did...so will the rags
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Torres out for 6 weeks knee op.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Torres out for 6 weeks, Benayoun for 4 weeks and Gerrard for 2 ;o)

Should all be back and probably new manager by time they come to our's though.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues-clues » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Trautmann wrote:he shouldn't resign. he should be fired.

Interesting one. In an ordinary business if a middle manager performed badly after doing well for a few years then his manager, in accordance with that persons contract of employment, would start a disciplinary process to asses his competence and identify training needs or other issues that needed addressing. If after the process was completed the performance did not improve, the employee may be sacked on the basis of performance - no compensation just "we have explored all avenues open to us but you are still crap - off you go sunshine".

For senior managers who are critical to the performance of the business it is assumed that they are up to the job and the people who appointed them knew what they were doing. If they need an immediate improvement in performance and choose to do this by appointing someone else then they have little choice but to dismiss that person and compensate them for breaching their contract of employment. Just firing a senior officer of a business just doesn't happen, it is almost always done "by mutual consent" which means the employer and manager have reached an agreement over how much compensation will be paid. Unless Rafa has another job lined up he aint gonna walk away from that pot of dosh. [strike]This is football.[/strike]This is the premier league.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Gerrard will never leave Liverpool for another English club. He will go down in history as a Liverpool legend.If he moves to us, all that will be flushed down the drain. It wont happen and Im not at all bothered about it.

You couldn't be more wrong mate. If they don't make champs league they will have to sell Torres, simple as that. And do you think Gerrard is going to throw away his last chance at winning the league because he has liverpool in his heart?? He's already a legend there and there's no way he's going down in a sinking ship at this age.

No fucking way.

Oh and I'm pissing myself laughing at their obvious demise. Every week that passes, my €1000 bet for who will win the premier league first between Liverpool and City edges closer towards my pocket.

Sweet.
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Torres out for 6 weeks knee op.

Is he made of shit?
Fidel Castro

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Fernando Torres has been ruled out for six weeks - delivering a crushing blow to his beleaguered Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.
Hobbling off: Torres leaves the Anfield pitch

Captain Steven Gerrard will also be missing for a fortnight, while fellow midfielder Yossi Benayoun is out for up to four weeks, adding injury to the insult of Wednesday night's FA Cup defeat at the hands of Championship strugglers Reading.
Star striker Torres will not be back until the end of February after suffering torn knee cartilage that will require surgery.
Scans showed that Gerrard, who was substituted at half time, suffered a hamstring strain. Benayoun, meanwhile, has fractured a rib.
Torres limped out of the Cup defeat after less than half an hour. Reading's 2-1 extra-time win at Anfield ended the Reds' hopes of reaching Wembley.

Benitez's side, already out of the Champions League and Carling Cup, sit 12 points off the pace in the Barclays Premier League and have only the Europa League as a realistic prize to play for.
Liverpool have been accused of relying too heavily on Torres and Gerrard and struggled when both missed spells before Christmas with groin problems.

The talismanic duo and Benayoun will all miss games against Stoke, Tottenham and Wolves with Gerrard hoping to return to face Bolton on January 30.

A perfect example of rushing players back to early from injury and causing a continued spell of niggly issues. I bet if both were rested properley for a couple of months then they would not be getting these injuries.

They'll struggle to win games for the next month or so now.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:15 pm

ant london wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want U***d and Liverpool to be in total utter shit quite yet.

no you aint the only one mate. this is how i want it to go.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Ant,
I don't really care what the rags are doing when we top the league.
I would be equally happy if we knicked it off em in the last minute of the last game or they were relegated.
For me, the team that wins the League is the best throughout the year...

What they do is irrelevant....except for piss taking purposes.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum