Micah stays says Mancini, plus do the Tevez comp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah stays says Mancini, plus do the Tevez comp

Postby shawzy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 am

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... ys-Mancini

Roberto Mancini has told Micah Richards that he will turn him into a great player.

The Blues defender is currently enjoying a rich vein of form that was capped by a spectacular goal in the 4-1 win over Blackburn Rovers on Monday night.

And Richards revealed that the new boss has told him to keep his head down and work hard and the rewards will follow.

“He told me that I was a good player but that if I listened and leaned he would turn me into a great player,” revealed the England international who is currently enjoying a stint at the heart of the City defence.

“Those words were really encouraging but I know that it is down to me to work hard. I keep saying it but I am still young at the age of 21-years-old. There are aspects of the game that only come with experience and I am gaining that all the time whether I am in or out of the side.”

Richards has been linked with various moves away from City this season but Mancini has already said that he wants to keep the defender and Richards himself is adamant that he has no desire to leave the Blues.

“Everyone seems to get linked with someone at various stages of the season and me more than most,” smiled Richards.

I have always said that I wanted to stay here so I don’t know why these rumours keep appearing. I have not expressed any wish to leave and yet some people are reporting things as if they are done deals

“I know I had a dip in form last season but I believe that I have been better this time around and in recent weeks I have done ok. Why would I want to leave a club that is so obviously on the up and up? All I am concentrating on at the moment is playing well, winning games and staying in the side when the injured players come back.

“There is still so much for me to learn and my best is to come and this will be great place to be in coming seasons I am sure of that.

“It was really great to hear the fans chant for me on Monday night. I think they appreciate that I have come through the Academy and I have an affinity for them and the club. Hopefully we will give them plenty more to sing about in the months ahead.”

Tevez Dance Competition

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -The-Tevez

Reckon John68 will win this hands down :-)
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: Micah stays says Mancini, plus do the Tevez comp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:36 am

Delighted for Micah. I hope the manager gets the chance to work with players over a long period & improve them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:37 am

yep, great news, he deterioated badly under hughes but in a recent interview he took the blame for that on himself, shows he is maturing nicely
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

haha....good comp Nield!

I might have to don the fez and do a tevez dance by the pyramids haha

the clip on the OS aint working though Chris
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 am

I'm convinced Micah will improve lots, especially if he keeps playing as CB.

As for the competition...nice idea, but I doubt I'll give it a try, my dancing is awful :D
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum