Mancini the wino???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini the wino???

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Whilst i appreciate this is probably bollocks it's a bit bold of them to make a full story about it.

From the Sun.

ROBERTO MANCINI has told his Manchester City stars: Win or lose you can hit the booze.

The new Eastlands boss reckons it is OK for his squad to have a drop of plonk with their pre-match meal.

Mancini, 45, was stunned when he sat down to eat with his players and discovered no alcohol on the table ahead of games - and he intends to put it right.

He revealed: "I have found myself in a very different world and I am trying to adapt without changing the rules.

"Let me give you an example. Food before a match, I will sort that out calmly.

"For example you need chicken, pizza, carbohydrates - even a glass of wine but that's not on the table!"

Most Premier League managers like Tottenham's Harry Redknapp and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger do not want their players to drink at all.

Spurs have a 48-hour booze ban ahead of games and Gunners boss Wenger even gets his players to monitor their urine to make sure they are hydrated.

Mancini, though, has no problem with players who want a tipple before games.

The Italian won three Serie A titles with Inter and now admits fourth is this season's minimum aim with the eventual target taking over from top dogs United.

He said: "The immediate objective is fourth place and the Champions League.

"I tell people not to even joke about United being in crisis because they are so good that there's no point in anyone trying to kid themselves.

"If there is such a thing as football clubs who are 'immortal' then United are.

"Look how they have even sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for the most expensive transfer fee ever and still they keep on winning."

Mancini will not put any pressure on striker Emmanuel Adebayor to return from Africa after his traumatic involvement in Togo's bus shooting horror.

The City boss said: "There is no hurry for Manu to come back because he's lived through a crazy drama.

"I can hardly begin to imagine the shock of a terrorist group spraying your bus with bullets as your closest team-mates and country men lie all around you on the floor.

"Now we need to give him as much time as he needs, we need to put Adebayor the man ahead of Adebayor the footballer."

Adebayor last night said: "At the moment, I'm just sweating everyday. I can't even eat, I'm losing weight, which is very difficult for everyone. I will take time and I will come back on the pitch at the right time.

"My boss and my team understand that is the most important thing. They know I need time to recover from this."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0caonXT1k
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Mancini the wino???

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Last edited by london blue 2 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:27 pm

This is in about three threads...in fact...chinners bollox is named after it
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:28 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This is in about three threads...in fact...chinners bollox is named after it

Yeah i just noticed! oops mods please delete :)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum