Hamsik

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hamsik

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/32 ... rstar.aspx

From the little I've seen of him, he looks quality. Could spell the end for Stevie though which would be slightly disappointing.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Hamsik

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

thought maybe some marketing genius had rebranded luncheon meat
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

he's definately pretty handy - more of a Benayoun type player than an Ireland one. I am sure there is room for both
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:59 pm

very very good plaayer this guy. i know people are worried about stevie but imo he has to improve his performances. he's not the player we saw last season so far.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I watched the cup game last night Juve vs Napoli. He played o.k. but didn't stand out at all. However, Napoli were poor and seemed to be into kicking and punching rather than playing football. The stamp on Bruce Del Piero's head ( well back of his head) was absolutely disgusting and made Ade's little flick look like nothing. I wonder if the Officials in Italy will pick up on it.

I did see him (Hamsik) play better previously. 30 mill Euros has been mentioned, that seems a bit to much for me though ...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 pm

30 Million euro seems a lot, but I can see why that's the amount rumoured. He's a fans favourite at Napoli, and the club don't need the money so to get him we would have to pay way over the odds. But he's still young (22 I think) and already very good creative midfielder, although we do have Ireland in that position, but I think Hamsik can play wide too, even if I've always seen him give his best in a central position, making runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. If I'm not mistaken he's Napoli's best goalscorer this season so far, and while he wasn't that good yesterday, he almost scored a screamer with a long distance shot, he was unlucky that it hit the bar (and Napoli were still only 1 goal down so it could have changed the game).

Definitely yes, although I think accomodating both him and Stevie might require a bit of work. But hey, if we are looking to play CL footy next season, and to do it with a decent chance of performing well both there and in the league, we need at least two top quality players for every position.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

He looks about 12. But if he's any good, lets have him!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Would prefer Krasic (sp?) myself - the lad who plays for CSKA
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Why are we trying to sign Jedward?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ashton287 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

i think he would be a good utility player as he can play all over midfield, with his age and inexperience in the prem i doubt he'd be replacing superman for a few years but a good prospect to have
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby frannylee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Does he have a youtube video ?? :-)
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby Martinez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:41 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:30 Million euro seems a lot, but I can see why that's the amount rumoured. He's a fans favourite at Napoli, and the club don't need the money so to get him we would have to pay way over the odds. But he's still young (22 I think) and already very good creative midfielder, although we do have Ireland in that position, but I think Hamsik can play wide too, even if I've always seen him give his best in a central position, making runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. If I'm not mistaken he's Napoli's best goalscorer this season so far, and while he wasn't that good yesterday, he almost scored a screamer with a long distance shot, he was unlucky that it hit the bar (and Napoli were still only 1 goal down so it could have changed the game).

Definitely yes, although I think accomodating both him and Stevie might require a bit of work. But hey, if we are looking to play CL footy next season, and to do it with a decent chance of performing well both there and in the league, we need at least two top quality players for every position.

Quite a few out of them goals penalties, I suspect. He's slovakias star man and the question is whether he'll want to move before the WC.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:57 am

Martinez wrote:
Quite a few out of them goals penalties, I suspect. He's slovakias star man and the question is whether he'll want to move before the WC.

So far he's scored 8 in the season (all in Serie A, in 19 appearances) and only one, from what I've been able to dig up, was a penalty. I don't think he's the Napoli penalty taker anymore, not the first choice one at least.

EDIT: So, I checked on the Napoli OS, he scored 8, one from a penalty and another from a penalty he missed but then he put the rebound off the keeper's hands into the net.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Martinez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Martinez wrote:

So far he's scored 8 in the season (all in Serie A, in 19 appearances) and only one, from what I've been able to dig up, was a penalty. I don't think he's the Napoli penalty taker anymore, not the first choice one at least.

EDIT: So, I checked on the Napoli OS, he scored 8, one from a penalty and another from a penalty he missed but then he put the rebound off the keeper's hands into the net.

So 1,5 out of 8, that's fewer than I thought, I stand corrected
Martinez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 am

Absolute star this lad. I've liked him every time I've seen him. People are wrong regarding Ireland though imo. He would straight replacement. I don't question people but I can't remember seeing him play in the wing. So he'd be straight replacement for Ireland.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Absolute star this lad. I've liked him every time I've seen him. People are wrong regarding Ireland though imo. He would straight replacement. I don't question people but I can't remember seeing him play in the wing. So he'd be straight replacement for Ireland.

Yeah, I agree. Just like Ireland, Hamsik can play on the wing, but I've never actually seen him play there if not for short stints and he was never effective there.
CityFanFromRome

Postby blue wine » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 am

good player
blue wine

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 am

Napoli is a team that i try and follow as much as i can because of my grandfather's background and his family's support of them. Hamsik is fuclin quality...i've seen him about 6 times in the last 18 months or so, and he's impressive for sure.

As others have said I can't see him leaving right now to get unsettled before the WC in a new, more talented side, but maybe after the WC. He'd be a quality addition.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 am

This article was written at least 2 weeks ago, word for word. If we haven't made the slightest move for him since then I doubt we will now . When I've seen Slovakia play, the best players have been Weiss & Stoch the lad from Chelsea in the other wide position. No one else has looked good enough for our team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am

Fantastic player, 40ml £ or may be more his correct prize, but it's understood Mr De Laurentis never sell him til he shall be Napoli's chairman!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum