Tribunal.Chelsea must pay City 6.5m for Sturridge

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tribunal.Chelsea must pay City 6.5m for Sturridge

Postby Socrates » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:03 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:how much do we have to pay Coventry?

10%. 550k-650k depending if he ever gets a full cap as he seems sure to play 40 games, leaves City with 4.95-5.85m + 15% if he is sold on
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby ant london » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

I think the level of fee is actually about right TBH. As someone already pointed out it is a development rather than transfer fee. The only part that is, therefore, a farce is the fact that it is increased based on appearances for club/country....we are meant to be paid for what we put into him as of the date he left. What he does subsequently should be irrelevant.

Call me bitter and unpleasant but I'd be just as happy with 3.5million and someone ending his career smashing his knee to pieces next week.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Pedro1006 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 am

The Guardian reports that he is on a 4 year deal at £60,000 a week or £12.5m over the life of his 4 year contract. Added to that is up to £5.85m awarded by the Tribunal making a total of more than £18m.

Now lets to begn with assume that he remains a peripheral figure making only 10 appearances a season). We would then get the further appearance linked fees, but no cigar and no £1m for gaining an England cap. If he ran his contract down he would have no residual sell on value, but it would make more sense for Chelsea to sell him on rather than let him rot in the reserves. They would probably get little in the way of transfer fee given his contracted salary.

If he does well and becomes worth a £20m player we might get another £3 or so. This has to happen over the next 18 months since from then he will have just 2 years left on his contract.

MCFC is likely to get around £6m plus. This seems like a fair deal all round.
Pedro1006
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Nedum

Postby Fish111 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 am

I'm reasonably happy with the tribunals outcome. Decent amount for him considering he was out of contract and with the add-ons we will get a few more mil. The 15% sell-on clause will be a good one too and we should land a hefty fee for that as well.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

Pedro1006 wrote:Now lets to begn with assume that he remains a peripheral figure making only 10 appearances a season). We would then get the further appearance linked fees, but no cigar and no £1m for gaining an England cap. If he ran his contract down he would have no residual sell on value, but it would make more sense for Chelsea to sell him on rather than let him rot in the reserves. They would probably get little in the way of transfer fee given his contracted salary.

Ironically, if he ran his contract down with them and left, he'd be subject to another tribunal, as he'd still be under 24!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum