Howards Friday Marriage & Love Affair B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Howards Friday Marriage & Love Affair B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:52 am

HOWARD KENDALL: Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City will provide a big test for Everton FC
I’VE been very impressed with the way Roberto Mancini has gone about setting up his new regime at tomorrow’s opponents, Manchester City. The Italian is already showing that he will take a very different approach to running the club than Mark Hughes. Hughes brought some very talented individuals into City, players like Emmanuel Adebayor, Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz, but he tried to play them all. Hughes seemed to be bringing in these big names and then trying to fit them into a team. Mancini seems to have more of a gameplan and looks like he knows that too many flair players in a side is likely to mean an unbalanced side. He won’t just send out the attacking players and hope something happens. Mancini has already dropped Brazilian star Robinho and looks happy to play more of a tactical game based on players who fit into his gameplan, rather than the other way around. It all means City will be a stiff test of the Blues’ massively improving form tomorrow afternoon. Carlos Tevez seems like he is thriving and his goals against Blackburn Rovers were top class.
I like him because even when he was at Manchester United and not playing every week, he would come on as a sub and show willingness and work very hard. It suggests that he is a good professional who just loves playing and getting stuck in. The move may have made sense to Alex Ferguson because he was getting a lot of money for a player who was behind Rooney and Berbatov in the pecking order, but it has started to pay off for his local rivals. It’s not just Tevez who has caught the eye, Nigel de Jong is a very effective midfielder. I expect a different type of game from Everton’s impressive display at Arsenal. Tactically, David Moyes had it spot-on against the Gunners, and the man of the match was the whole team. They scored two good goals compared to two deflections. Of course Manchester City will be even more of a challenge now that a back four which was playing well must be reshuffled due to Lucas Neill’s move to Turkey.

Benjani: Eager to extend run
The Eastlands outfit have climbed into the UEFA Champions League qualification places on the back of a three-game winning run since Roberto Mancini replaced Mark Hughes at the helm.
Some critics have questioned whether their rise is due to an upturn in fortunes or simply the quality of opposition they have faced, with Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn dispatched with relative ease.
Striker Benjani, who has been brought in from the cold by Mancini and scored the winner in the FA Cup triumph at Middlesbrough before setting up three goals against Blackburn, feels success at Goodison Park may silence the doubters.
He said: "When you're doing well people want to know if you're the real deal or whether it's down to a run of good fortune.
"They'll be watching to see how we perform at difficult places like Everton, but as long as we concentrate and get our tactics right, I think we'll leave there with a good result.
"Every game so far has been a real test because nobody in England knew a great deal about the manager before he came to City.
"People knew he'd been very successful in Italy but were unsure how he'd do in the Premier League.
"But we've won every game so far in a very professional way and he's started life in England extremely well."
Former Inter Milan boss Mancini has been equally as impressed by the former Pompey forward's efforts but has warned he will rotate his squad to keep the starting XI fresh.
Mancini said: "I saw Benjani on the first day I arrived. He is very able and he is a serious man, and that is important.
"He has played well in the two games and he scored an important goal at Middlesbrough."But I want all the players back because rest is vital. You can't keep playing the same players."

Roberto Mancini is ready to rival Manchester United for the signature of £25 million-rated Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik.
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is keen to sign Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik Photo: EPA Slovakia international Hamsik, 22, is a leading target for United this summer and has been identified by Sir Alex Ferguson as a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes. But Manchester City manager Mancini could thwart United’s plans after he admitted that he still regrets failing to lure Hamsik to Inter Milan during his reign as coach at the Italian side. Mancini said: “When I coached Inter, I asked for Hamsik. I really wanted him, but Napoli were quicker than us. "I am not at all surprised that the major European clubs are interested in him. He is a real talent.”

Chelsea have been ordered to pay Manchester City an initial fee of £3.5million for Daniel Sturridge with the striker's price tag posisbly eventually rising to as much as twice that amount. A Professional Football Compensation Committee hearing ruled that additional payments of £500,000 must be paid after Sturridge played each of ten, 20, 30 and 40 first-team appearances for Chelsea in all competitions. Chelsea must also pay a further £1million if Sturridge plays for England and City will receive a 15 per cent fee sell-on fee if he ever leaves Stamford Bridge. The 20-year-old moved to Chelsea in July 2009 on a four-year deal after his contract expired at Eastlands.
"We are content with the outcome of today's tribunal regarding Daniel Sturridge's transfer from Manchester City," Chelsea said in a statement. "The initial fee is very close to what we first offered. "Any subsequent payments are directly linked to the success of the player and that is satisfactory to us." England Under-21 international Sturridge scored six goals in 32 appearances for City and has found the net twice in eight games for Chelsea so far this season.

Ferguson needs to have final say against Manchester City
If things weren’t going so badly at Liverpool, Manchester United’s season would be under a lot more scrutiny because it’s rare that I can remember them playing well. Already United have lost FIVE league games. I knew it would be difficult for my old side without Carlos Tevez and especially Cristiano Ronaldo, but clearly it’s been tougher than anyone thought. The amazing thing is though that United are still well in the title hunt because the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal have not really taken advantage of their slip-ups. In past seasons I would have confidently predicted that United would charge back, hunt the rest down and go on and win the title. I have to say I’m not so sure this time. One of the biggest disappointments this season has been Dimitar Berbatov. He just hasn’t delivered the way the fans thought he would.
When Ronaldo and Tevez left the club, United supporters were looking to the likes of Wayne Rooney and Berbatov to really turn it on. I don’t think anyone could have a go at Rooney for his efforts but United need more from the Bulgarian. United are at home to Burnley tomorrow and they’ll fancy getting back on track after poor recent results but already a lot of the fans that I know are looking forward to next week’s Carling Cup semi-final with Manchester City. I get the feeling that United going out of the FA Cup has concentrated a few minds in Manchester. Suddenly this particular derby has become a lot more important to the Red Devils. After reaching the last four Sir Alex Ferguson had stated he would continue to play his young players in the competition. Surely that won’t happen now. City are a club building monentum. Roberto Mancini has come and things have started to click for the Blues. While United fans are starting to get a little concerned about the future on and off the field, City supporters are buzzing.
They feel their team is on a roll. United must stop it and you would think the best way to do it would be to put their strongest side out. If City overcame United in the semi-final, the confidence that would give everyone at Eastlands would be massive.
Sir Alex remains the boss in English football in every sense.
He has seen off Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn and Newcastle down the years.
Now Manchester City are the latest to threaten his domination.
United and their manager would love to put them in their place.
The league meeting earlier this season between the two clubs was a classic with Michael Owen scoring the winner in injury time.
I have a feeling that the Carling Cup tie will prove just as memorable.
Everyone at Sunderland would love to enjoy an unforgettable day tomorrow when we visit Chelsea.
They have been the best team we have played this season. At the Stadium of Light early on they beat us 3-1 after being a goal down. Hopefully it won’t be the same outcome at Stamford Bridge. We are certainly up for it and maybe with four players on African Nations Cup duty, Chelsea won’t be as strong. To help prepare for our big game, the manager decided to take us to the Algarve for some warm weather training. It was a good idea, as with all the snow in the north east, proper training has been difficult. True to form, after a couple of days, it started raining!

Adam Clayton is being lined up for a quick return to Carlisle United next week if Manchester City are willing to let the young midfielder go out on loan again. Adam ClaytonThe 20-year-old returned to Eastlands after starring in Carlisle’s FA Cup defeat to Everton on January 2, the final game of his loan spell with the Blues. New City boss Roberto Mancini recalled Clayton to assess him over a two-week period – a spell which is close to completion. Greg Abbott plans to speak to City number two Brian Kidd and academy chief Andy Welsh on Monday to find out if he can take the promising young player on another loan deal, possibly to the end of the season.
The United manager said: “We are in contact with the people at Man City and they are keeping me up to speed with what is happening with Adam. Come Monday I would think that situation will be resolved one way or another.”
Clayton made 11 appearances after joining United in early November and said he would be happy to return if his path to the star-studded first-team scene at City remained blocked.
Abbott added: “He has had a taste of competitive football and he wants to continue that.
“He did very well when he was here so we would be daft if we didn’t express an interest in taking him again.”

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Spanish giants Real Madrid have joined the race to sign Crystal Palace's highly-rated 19-year-old striker Victor Moses. Daily Mail

Under pressure Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce wants to sign Middlesbrough's Gary O'Neil to bolster Rovers' midfield. Daily Mirror

Arsenal and Real Madrid are competing to sign 18-year-old midfielder Sergio Canales from Racing Santander. Daily Star

The Gunners are also considering a move for Lazio striker Mauro Zarate - but he will cost £17m.
(The Independent)

Birmingham are prepared to pay £14m to sign 23-year-old midfielder Aiden McGeady from Celtic, but the Scottish club are not keen to sell. Daily Telegraph

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has set his sights on signing Paraguay striker Salvador Cabanas from Mexican side Club America. Daily Mirror
Bolton boss Owen Coyle wants to sign Newcastle striker Andy Carroll and will try to tempt the Magpies with a £2m bid. Daily Mail

Manchester United are considering an £18m bid for Porto defender Rolando, who has been outstanding in this season's Champions League. Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY - Melanie Slade
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... anie-slade

OTHER BOLLOX
Dutch coach Guus Hiddink wants to take over as Liverpool boss if Rafael Benitez is sacked - but would want the blessing of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. Daily Mail

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish would make a superb Liverpool boss, reckons former Blues chief David Gold. The Sun

Striker Wayne Rooney will ask for £140,000 a week when a new contract at Manchester United is negotiated in the summer - a figure that could end his Old Trafford career. The Sun

West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer is on the verge of retiring after failing to return from a series of injuries. Daily Mirror

Paul Hart has left his post as manager of QPR after just five games in charge of the London club. The Guardian

Reading are considering rewarding caretaker manager Brian McDermott with a full-time contract after the club's FA Cup victory over Liverpool. The Times

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has followed in the footsteps of David 'Divy Spice' Beckham by modelling underwear for Emporio Armani. The Sun

Manchester City gaffe leaves United red-faced
Financiers invited to the London launch of Manchester United’s controversial £500million bond issue would not have expected to find a company controlled by the owners of Manchester City emblazoned on the famous red shirt on display in the foyer. Yet the hundred or so potential investors who turned up at the Grocers’ Hall to hear the pitch from the United team that included chief executive David Gill were greeted by a shop mannequin draped in a mocked-up United kit bearing the name of Mubadala — a business development and investment company based in Abu Dhabi that is under the same ruling family ownership as City. A United representative explained away the own-goal as being due to the club, who always prepare a special shirt for such occasions, having made a sponsorship presentation to Mubadala in the past and it being the only one available on the day.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Howards Friday Marriage & Love Affair B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 am

Would love it if the rags couldn't afford Rooneys wages and would have to sell him that really would kill them off next season.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:35 am

What is Kendall going on about?

The rags didnt get a penny of Carlitos's transfer fee.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:33 pm

LATEST BOLLOX
Greek side Larissa are trying to sign Hull City striker Daniel Cousin. (SkySports.com)

Liverpool forward Ryan Babel is attracting the interest of Marseille who are looking for an alternative to Inter Milan winger Mancini. (French newspaper La Provence and radio station RTL)

West Ham midfielder Luis Jimenez is being tracked by Italian sides Catania, Chievo and Parma. "There is a possibility that Jimenez could leave our club," said West Ham's sporting director Gianluca Nani. (Italian newspaper Itasportpress.it)

Marseille have given Inter Milan winger Mancini until Sunday to sign a loan deal with the French club. Manchester City and AC Milan are also said to be interested in the 29-year-old. (French newspaper L'Equipe).

Real Madrid midfielder Guti seems set to leave the club with Italy his preferred destination. Tottenham and Bolton have also been linked with the 33-year-old. (French television station Canal+)

Midfielder Sandro's proposed move from Internacional to Tottenham looks to be off after the Brazilian club claimed he would not be leaving in January. (Brazilian station Radio Gaucho)

MORE TEVEZ 'DANCE BOLLOX
Everyone is getting plenty of chances to see Carlos Tevez’s unique goal celebration at the moment, and the man himself has revealed where the inspiration for the dance came from.
“It’s a dance my brother invented” Carlos has told mcfc.co.uk, “but it doesn’t really have any meaning. He came up with it for me and the fans seem to like it. “I’ve seen them copying the dance and I love! I thought they did quite well, it’s great to see them having fun and enjoying themselves.”
Carlos was already a cult hero with the fans before the start of his current hot streak, which has seen him rack up 11 goals in the last eight games, and he is grateful to all Blues’ followers for their backing
“I love it when the whole stadium starts to shout, ‘Come on City! Come on, City!’ – That always gives me and the players a big lift.”
Don’t forget you can win a City shirt signed by Carlos and two tickets to the Portsmouth game if you send in a video of you and/or your mates doing ‘The Tevez’. Record your footage, upload it to You Tube and email us at mcfc@mcfc.co.uk by 28th January. We’ll notify the winners the next day.
VIDEO CLIP: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -The-Tevez

I've had a very nice time at Real Madrid but I want to leave
A host of Premier League clubs have been on red alert after the ageing Real Madrid midfielder Guti admitted he wanted to leave the Bernabeu. The 33-year-old Spanish international has been linked with Manchester United and Manchester City in the past, but most recently with Tottenham, Fulham, Blackburn and Bolton, and is available on a free transfer at the end of the season.
The arrival of a glut of international stars at Real Madrid during the summer has seen the Spaniard’s previously imperious position at the Bernabeu become increasingly peripheral, and following a bust-up with Manuel Pellegrini the midfielder was linked with a loan move to Manchester City and Manchester United at the beginning of December. With the La Liga side reluctant to offer the player a new deal, reports in Spain suggest Tottenham, Fulham, Blackburn and Bolton are all considering trying to bring the player to the Premier League for a nominal fee this month, or potentially on a free in the summer.
The reputed Manchester United target Guti told Canal+: “I would like to end my contract at Real Madrid but it is also true that I would love to be able to play for another team,”
“To be able to enjoy another culture, to be able to enjoy another life, other team-mates, another league.”
In addition to interest from England, Italian giants Inter Milan are also reportedly monitoring the Spaniard, and Guti suggested he would love to move to the San Siro.
“I would go there with open arms,”
“It is a great club. I have great friends there, Samuel Eto'o and Wesley Sneijder.”
“I think it's a team that can aspire to everything. The truth is that it is one of my best options, if it could be real.”
Returning to thoughts of a life away from the club he has spent his whole career, the 33-year-old suggested he wanted to experience a different culture.
The Real Madrid legend continued: “It is true that I've had a very nice time at Real Madrid, that Madrid is a city where I wanted to live all my life, and now I want to leave Madrid.”
“It's like a contradiction, but I want to be able to get out of Madrid, to be able to be in another country, in another city and to be able to enjoy other things.”

City quartet struggling for Everton clash
City are sweating over the fitness of Robinho, Micah Richards, Roque Santa Cruz and Shaun Wright-Phillips for the game with Everton. Richards got on the scoresheet in Monday night's victory over Blackburn Rovers but picked up an injury in the game while Santa Cruz and Robinho also picked up knocks after both came off the bench. Wright-Phillips was an unused substitute on Monday and is expected to start on the bench again at Goodison Park as a precautionary measure. Stephen Ireland, Wayne Bridge and Joleon Lescott have all been ruled out but good news on the injury front comes with the news that Nedum Onuoha should be fit. Partick Vieira could also make his debut for City with Roberto Mancini thought to be considering giving Gareth Barry a rest ahead of the Carling Cup semi-final with Manchester United next.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ashton287 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Vhero wrote:Would love it if the rags couldn't afford Rooneys wages and would have to sell him that really would kill them off next season.

berbatov and owen upfront haha 17th here they come
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Guy Debord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Funny story about the Mubadala United shirt. Do they expect anyone to believe they couldn't find a current shirt (in London)?

I think they were a bit embarrassed by trying to flog shares to a bunch financiers with the name of a failed financial institution on their shirts.

But to use a company run by Khaldoon! At last they didn't use Etihad.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby david yearsley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

The only shirt available - ha! fucl me ! Surely there was one around with "Essex County Council" on it! ;D
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum