Zarate

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Zarate

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 am

Renato_CTID wrote:Very overvalued striker, he would be perfect for a small Premier League club, like Notlob or Sixfingershanded, not a true City player definitively!!!

I'm not sure I agree. Last season at Lazio he was exceptional, this season the whole team has been poor so far and he's obviously not Messi that can lift the team on his own but he has still played well for them, albeit scoring admittedly less than he could (should?) have, but he created lots of chances for the teammates and it's not his fault if they missed them.

Besides, the disagreements with the manager are possibly affecting his game a bit. Mind you, I'm not saying he should be an automatic starter at City, but I reckon he'd be a very useful player to have, especially if we are going to be in the CL next season.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

Havent seen much of him really. Is it really an improvement from what we have got?

I would probably have him on loan first to see how he does and move on from there.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

I hink I've seen him only once this season and didn't impress me at all. I watch all the goals from Serie A every week and he has hardly featured and according to Wikipedia has 2 goals for them this season.

We need one in every two striker next, not these mid-table (at best) players.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 pm

I've seen him quite a few times & if someone could get the best out of him, there's no denying his ability; he's a fantastic talent. He's also someone who needs a ball just for himself & would drive us round the bend trying to beat 5 players & shooting from 25 yards whilst a team mate stands unkarked in front of goal. He's also yet another little shortarse. How many can we have?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I've seen him quite a few times & if someone could get the best out of him, there's no denying his ability; he's a fantastic talent. He's also someone who needs a ball just for himself & would drive us round the bend trying to beat 5 players & shooting from 25 yards whilst a team mate stands unkarked in front of goal. He's also yet another little shortarse. How many can we have?

That's he way he seemed in Birmingham and for me a mark of small time payer. Top top players always gets people around them involved. One of the reasons why I think Sturridge will not be super top player ever either.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum