Would you like rags to crash and burn?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Would you like the rags to crash and burn?

Yes!
38%
No!
13%
Yes, but not until we've crushed them while they're still good.
48%

Total votes : 60

Re: Would you like rags to crash and burn?

Postby saulman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
saulman wrote:I took the third option. If we're going to be challenging for titles, then going up against the Scum for them will make the whole thing so much sweeter if we win.

I know a bunch of rags who were very happy when we returned to the Prem. It added more spice to their season and I'm sure that many of us would feel the same if the boot was on the other foot.

EDIT: Reading that back, I guess I should have voted No. Which I just have done.

Each to their own - but the part of your post:

"I know a bunch of rags who were very happy when we returned to the Prem. It added more spice to their season...."

Well don't we all know some of those - but I am sure that for the vast majority of us the comment was made in a wholly patronising way by the supercilious / arrogant twats - all the more reason to hate them for me - you must have been lucky that those few scum fans that are capable of objective / genuine football comment to all live in your area

I have friends, relatives and collegues who are rags. I don't hate them for it, why should I? They're a bunch of decent people who I share banter with, that's all. Yeah, there were a few patronising comments about being happy to have us back in the Prem so they could get 6 easy points but it's just banter. I can give as much as I take.

I just think it would be a shame if that stopped because the rags could no longer compete with us.

That said, I would like to see them suffer humiliation like we suffered. I would like to see Sir Fuckin Purplenose humbled and told by someone that he talks complete shite. I do wish bad shit on them, but as they say.......be careful what you wish for.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am

ant london wrote:A simple no from me.

I believe that City are on the verge of success...and becoming a proper force in football again.

If the rags don't form part of the "viable competition" then....well...it will still feel amazing but it will take some of the gloss off for me.

I've always dreamt of City being champions (of England, or a cup, or...haha...of Europe) but part of that dream involves my team humbling U***d.

Quite simply, I want us (rather than creditors/an administrator) to castrate the munich cunts

Hows about a compromise. We win the league next year, Villa, Spuds castrate the Munich cunts by finishing above them next season, causing financial meltdown.

We will have legitimately won the league before their meltdown, and will not take any of the shine off the achievement.

Please, I really want to see them relegated. I was just too enjoy their last spell in the 2nd tier - although I believe it has been edited from the history of most munchkins.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:It depends on the question in hand. Suffer? Be on the brink? Go down to non league level? Very much so.

Become extinct? Never.

Fully agree with this. I want them to suffer and drop down the divisions and all that but them going under would be devastating as local rivalries are part and parcell of football.

Oh, and many of those rags would turn into "Blues". Does someone actually want that?

Many will do that anyway
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Vhero » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:59 pm

I want em to crash and burn yes as I am sick of there attitude towards football they are a disgrace to the game. the sooner they are gone the better.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby simon12 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:31 pm

I want them to be the new notlob. Just surviving and every derby being their cup final. I am now damp.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 pm

(1) It's sweeter to beat them if they're somewhere near, rather than just because they've capitulated - I want my rag mate's noses pressed against their fucking screens as we see out the last minute of a title decider. I don't want them to all have lost interest two years earlier - because I've no idea how a group of fans (my peers) who have known nothing but success and spectacular success will respond to being 'also rans'. Not well I'd guess.

Perhaps more importantly (2) The Premier League is rich/huge because of (a) TV money (b) Unprecedented International interest and investment. The rags are integral in both respects. If they went properly bust, i doubt that everything else would carry on as before. Wouldn't be an issue if we were kicking it old school, but we're not, we're (to an extent) a PR investment - that's contingent on the League's profile.

Best case scenario: The Northwest (Us, them, dippers) sides all duking it out at the top every year - chelsea, arsenal, spurs forming a chasing pack - villa, newcastle, leeds, everton (sides with a bit of support and history) bearing down on them. The league needs its big 'brands' to compete with La Liga, any resurgence in Serie A (and the Bundesliga deserves more profile) and the possibility of more foreign/russian money augmenting one of the other leagues into a proper force.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby glossopblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 pm

dead right. the sooner the better!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby symiblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I can understand the view that it would be better for them to remain in business and I'm lucky enough to remember when we had the upper hand through part of the 60s/70's. However, only the total wipe-out of that club would satisfy me. Being a magnanimous bloke, I do wish them an exceedingly slow death with a few false dawns thrown in.
"That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
symiblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Bellamy

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 pm

In answer to the threads question, it is a firm NO. I don't want them to crash and burn but I do want them to suffer and go through years of misery and loss. Be nice to see them do a Leeds. However if they did I would miss the rivalry that derbies bring. So no I just want to see them become a laughing stock and suppose the ultimate dream would be for us to win the Prem on last day of Premiership and see bacon chops cheery blue nosed face.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum