Ryan Babel twits his way out of LFC!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ryan Babel twits his way out of LFC!!

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 am

Rafa Benitez was last night rocked by a dressing-room revolt after Ryan Babel launched a Twitter attack.

Beleaguered Benitez was accused of failing to support his striker, who expected to play at Stoke today in the absence of injured Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun, but has instead been dropped from the squad.

The Holland winger, 23, who has been the subject of an £9million bid from Birmingham, tweeted: "Disappointing news. The boss left me out the squad. No explanation.

"What happened after a first good season? Scoring 10 goals, being young talent of the year, and then second and this season don't play at all?

"Never had a fight with the manager... I always kept quiet.

"Where did it go wrong? You have people who support me and don't support me. And one day, you will see what I'm capable of at LFC or somewhere else. I have faith.

"I'm not scared to share this with you guys. It's the truth.. And there r no secrets."

Babel's outburst could land him in trouble with Benitez and the former Ajax star has moaned this season about not playing and wanting to return to Dutch club.

Benitez claims it is hard to manage in the modern media age of TV, radio, newspapers and the internet.

"When you have problems everyone has a different reaction," he said. "It is more than just football - agents, money, TV, radios and internet everyone needs to talk. Everyone has a Twitter account. It is impossible to stop people talking."
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Ryan Babel twits his way out of LFC!!

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:07 am

Very unprofessional imho. If he is not happy he should talk directly to his boss, not spread it on the net.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby saulman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 am

Liverpool are going to be seriously fucked after this season. How many nails can they have hammered into their coffin? They just keep on getting banged in, don't they? It's one thing after another, after another.

Are they the new City? I remember when our club used to be like that.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:11 am

I don't think he has said anything out of order there. He is right as well. It's impossible to understand why he is benched, especially in situation they are now without Torres and Gerrard. As far as raw talent goes, he is their third best player. When you got no talents like Riera and Lucas picked ahead of you, any player with his talent should be frustrated.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

he has apparently tweeted about being swapped with Kenwyne jones in the next few days!!!
Wonderwall

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Very unprofessional imho. If he is not happy he should talk directly to his boss, not spread it on the net.

I don't think it works like that with Benitez. Only this week Alonso said that Benitez keeps his distance to his players and isn't easy to approach at all. And they are both spaniards.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:15 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Very unprofessional imho. If he is not happy he should talk directly to his boss, not spread it on the net.

I don't think it works like that with Benitez. Only this week Alonso said that Benitez keeps his distance to his players and isn't easy to approach at all. And they are both spaniards.

Yeah but I still don't think you should go public with something like this, if he can't speak directly with Benitez there will be someone at the club he could express his frustration to, and have him report it to Benitez. At least that is what I'd do in his situation, but hey, maybe he already tried it with no effect, who knows.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:15 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

he had a meeting with Benitez over Xmas and he told benitez he wanted to stay and fight for his place and be a regular in the side so he will make the Dutch world cup squad.

He looks a cert to leave now.
Wonderwall

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am

Very stupid posting that on twitter. As someone else said he should have just talked to his manager and sort his problems out that way.

I have a feelign that he will be leaving in this window anyway.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 am

Was it not Babel who rejected the move to Birmingham?

Wouldnt have said it before this season, but they look like a fine team this season, and if he wants to get in WC squad dont think there can be many better places for him to go and become a hero.

He wouldnt have to try too hard to beat Christian Benitez's scoring record either, and the brummie twats love him
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Wrong to go public with it & probably sacked himself but I can understand why he feels so frustrated because he looked a real talent & star of the future before Rafa worked his magic.

For what it's worth I'd take him on a cheap transfer or trial basis, just in case he's still got it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:49 pm

He's shit. And a twat. He's a shitwat.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Unprofessional but it's wonderful when it happens especially to them twats :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:He's shit. And a twat. He's a shitwat.

"Twatshit" sounds better.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:27 pm

ryan babel is not shit, benitez is just a cock. watch him at his next club.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 pm

ashton287 wrote:ryan babel is not shit, benitez is just a cock. watch him at his next club.

What are his qualities then? He can run very fast but his first touch is very poor, never looks up and quite often falls over the ball or just leaves it behind. Even his record at Ajax wasn't really that brilliant. He rates himself very highly, but I think he is in the minority (except his little rapper friends from Amsterdam who 'big him up' constantly so he carries on believing the hype.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
ashton287 wrote:ryan babel is not shit, benitez is just a cock. watch him at his next club.

What are his qualities then? He can run very fast but his first touch is very poor, never looks up and quite often falls over the ball or just leaves it behind. Even his record at Ajax wasn't really that brilliant. He rates himself very highly, but I think he is in the minority (except his little rapper friends from Amsterdam who 'big him up' constantly so he carries on believing the hype.

he is a diamond waiting to be polished. reminds me of a young anelka and will be every bit as good in years to come. the bits you point out are things that a manager could get him out of him given a bit of encouragement (everyone knows benitez stays doesnt get pally with his players), not looking up and being a bit selfish are just traits of young players who think they know it all. as he gets older he will start playing more within the team and also getting sold will be the wake up call he needs i reckon. might be wrong he might just carry on the way he's going and fade into nothing. but i think he will get better and better in future
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum