Has the bubble burst?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Has the bubble burst?

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Now, I've had a few to drink, but I am beginning to now think that the only reason we have won the last 4 games is because our opponents were shite!

Everton played well, but we were absolutely useless.

I genuinely thought that Mancini was the man to turn us into a top 4 club, but after seeing tonights performance, I am not so sure.....
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Re: Has the bubble burst?

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Now, I've had a few to drink, but I am beginning to now think that the only reason we have won the last 4 games is because our opponents were shite!

I genuinely thought that Mancini was the man to turn us into a top 4 club, but after seeing tonights performance, I am not so sure.....

FFS ITS ONE GAME GET A GRIP
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby King Kev » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Ha ha ha. Nothing like a ridiculous thread to cheer me up!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Chewbacca » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

agree mate - playing everton & the noise at gollums goodison totally crumbled us .
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH
Chewbacca
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Like I said, I've had a few to drink, I guess I'm just venting my anger....
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby david yearsley » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm

It´s down to Bobby Manc to show it hasn´t - this is what distinguishes good from great - the ability to put it behind and learn quickly but thankfully he´s shown some balls today over you know who so I expect we´ll be fine
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Like I said, I've had a few to drink, I guess I'm just venting my anger....

fair enough but we were always going to have shit game or two. We are still very much in race for top four. We needed to win this to win the league but no one was expecting that anyway, right?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Redna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Was there a bubble in the first place?
Hard work is requiered and that knows our italian.
There fore I'm sure we have seen the last off Rob and Petrov.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Invisible Man Fan wrote:Like I said, I've had a few to drink, I guess I'm just venting my anger....

fair enough but we were always going to have shit game or two. We are still very much in race for top four. We needed to win this to win the league but no one was expecting that anyway, right?

Correct
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby s1ty m » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Kladze wrote:

Correct

agreed.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Worst game I've seen us play for some time - ddin't look like scoring in the second half at all, which is not what I've come to expect from us. I've said before that our first test would come when we went a goal behind - we failed that test bigtime tonight. Let's hope it's a blip.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 pm

i think everton wanted it more then us, plus we were shite at everthing, passing, movement, defence and attack, plus some carnt/ wont put the effort in. mr petrov and mr robinho take note
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 pm

well he will have certainly a lot to think about now after seeing that abortion. The question is whether he feels he has to delve in to the transfer market. Hopefully we will see a rise in performance against the scum.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Let's hope it's a blip.

fucking hope so. spineless as fuck tonight - reminiscent of spurs away.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Still early days.

Midfield completely unbalanced again like the last days of Hughes. Reminded me of Spurs away today, only worse.

Santa being replaced by Robinho will go down as as big a clanger as Gelson Fernandes ending up a right back against Liverpool last season.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:well he will have certainly a lot to think about now after seeing that abortion. The question is whether he feels he has to delve in to the transfer market. Hopefully we will see a rise in performance against the scum.

This is what I'm worried about - it took two years to get rid of the deadwood from Sven (Benjani and Garrido fucking excepted) - I don't know who Mancini perceives as deadwood now, but my guess is (a) he's a bit wrong, and (b) it'll take the same amount of time again to bin them and settle the replacements etc. If his idea of a top signing is Vieira and his idea of man management is binning the substitute, in a game that was frankly a lost cause, then I think I'm entitled to be a tiny bit concerned. Judgment withheld still certainly.

The first time we've lost to a side outside the top 4 tonight - we were shite.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Now, I've had a few to drink, but I am beginning to now think that the only reason we have won the last 4 games is because our opponents were shite!

I think you're being too negative, mate. Sure we were shite tonight, but a defeat was always going to happen before the end of the season, we couldn't have won every match. I for one prefer it to be tonight than on Tuesday.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john68 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 pm

One game, one result, one display of form, never defined a season.

We can hope that players had the semi final on their minds and that was the prime reason that many players were not at the races today.

We'll find out on Tuesday.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 pm

FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN, GO POUR YOURSELF ANOTHER DRINK, GET IN THE GLASS AND DROWN YOUR HEAD AND YOUR SORROWS. HAS THE BUBBLE BURST??, DUH!! ONE GAME MATE, ADMITTED IT WAS SHIT, THEY RAN THE SHOW AND WE DIDN'T TURN UP TILL LATE IN THE SECOND HALF. A PEN THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FREE KICK ON THE EDGE OF THE BOX. NO THE BUBBLE HAS NOT BURST HAS IT EVER? NO IT HASN'T, IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE OF A WAKE UP CALL BUT DO PEOPLE THINK WE WON'T HAVE OFF DAYS. OH, NEXT THREAD OF DOOM AND GLOOM WILL BE 'AS THE HONEYMOON PERIOD ENDED'.

KEEP IT REAL AND GET SOME PROZAC DOWN YOUR NECK FELLA
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:04 pm

We didn't even need to win this to win the league, there are 17 games left which means 41 points available. Of course our first target is the fourth spot though, but if we are within reach come March we could start to think about the title more seriously.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum