Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm

its a shame but its not working out is it, he's now taking up a place in the squad whereas we need to replace him, I can see him going this month, let alone the summer, and at a massive loss at that
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mate you say that everytime "Robbie made x amount of passes compared to..."

There's much more to football than those stats. You are now THE ONLY PERSON who thinks Robinho is playing ok. The only one.

SWP was only on for a few mins in comparrison to Robinho, but the runs he made were far more dangerous to the Everton defence than any that Robinho attempted to do. SWP ran at defenders at speed and that ruffles them up. If he had been brought on instead of Robinho and put in his preferred position, then I think we would have been more effective as a team.

And I never said it wasn't Mancini's fault that we lost. It was his fault, as was it the players' fault.

I still don't get why you're slagging him off and calling him "the chosen one". You called the last guy "clueless".

Personally, it seems more and more like you are actually a Brazil supporter who has city as a side show because a couple of brazilians play/have played for us. You defend brazilian players to the hilt and slag off the manchester city manager in order to defend them.

What's that all about?

I didnt come up with "The Chosen One" I very rarely come up with original stuff like that.I think it might have been Jose and I thought it was quite nice.I didnt mean it sound derogatory.I do like him think he is quite good but what he did with Robbie at weekend really pissed me off cos I dont think he deserved it.
The thing about Brazil is a bit of the mark aswell.
And if players running at speed is what tickles you and it seems quite a few other people then Robbie is always gonna be a let down because thats not his game.Its the other stuff he does that I enjoy watching and he has not been lacking in delivering that stuff, from what I see.Its hard for the oppo to get the ball of him he makes some good creative passes his first touch is normally brilliant his dribbling skills are second to none etc...
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:SWP was only on for a few mins in comparrison to Robinho, but the runs he made were far more dangerous to the Everton defence than any that Robinho attempted to do. SWP ran at defenders at speed and that ruffles them up. If he had been brought on instead of Robinho and put in his preferred position, then I think we would have been more effective as a team.

That's the crux of the matter though isn't it. Speed. Robinho is s...l.....o....w. Even if his step-overs come off and he tricks a defender they come back at him and out muscle him from behind to kick the ball out for a thrown in or simply win it back.

I think Robinho has realised this too which is why he doesn't seem to make any runs anymore or get involved like he did in August 2009. In the last 3 matches he's played he gets to that position on the left wing near the 18 yard line about 5 yards away from the edge of the D, camps there in the hope that Tevez passes him the ball so he can attempt his favourite shot at goal trying to curle it inside the far post.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I think it was the most stupid thing Mancini has done since he has been in charge taking Robbie off.
It obviosly had a big effect cos I remember the toffees goal being peppered with shots and Howard making a MOM performance.
Mancini got everything wrong against the toffees.I hope its not a sign of things to come.

By the way they love him in Spain and would have him back in a heatbeat.

I think you have Robbie coloured specs on mate. Forget who he is and look at the player in front of you. Pretend he's called Vassell or Sibierski.

In hindsight the most stupid thing he has done was to bring him on, not take him off. Gave him a big chance to impress and he blew it.

They all love him in Spain maybe except Guadiola and the Barca players who, wisely perhaps, think he may disrupt them and be of limited value - oh, and his former club Real that sold him of course!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Mate you say that everytime "Robbie made x amount of passes compared to..."

There's much more to football than those stats. You are now THE ONLY PERSON who thinks Robinho is playing ok. The only one.

SWP was only on for a few mins in comparrison to Robinho, but the runs he made were far more dangerous to the Everton defence than any that Robinho attempted to do. SWP ran at defenders at speed and that ruffles them up. If he had been brought on instead of Robinho and put in his preferred position, then I think we would have been more effective as a team.

And I never said it wasn't Mancini's fault that we lost. It was his fault, as was it the players' fault.

I still don't get why you're slagging him off and calling him "the chosen one". You called the last guy "clueless".

Personally, it seems more and more like you are actually a Brazil supporter who has city as a side show because a couple of brazilians play/have played for us. You defend brazilian players to the hilt and slag off the manchester city manager in order to defend them.

What's that all about?

I didnt come up with "The Chosen One" I very rarely come up with original stuff like that.I think it might have been Jose and I thought it was quite nice.I didnt mean it sound derogatory.I do like him think he is quite good but what he did with Robbie at weekend really pissed me off cos I dont think he deserved it.
The thing about Brazil is a bit of the mark aswell.
And if players running at speed is what tickles you and it seems quite a few other people then Robbie is always gonna be a let down because thats not his game.Its the other stuff he does that I enjoy watching and he has not been lacking in delivering that stuff, from what I see.Its hard for the oppo to get the ball of him he makes some good creative passes his first touch is normally brilliant his dribbling skills are second to none etc...

Fair enough, you actually mean you think he is the chosen one which is different that the sarcasm I thought I detected. Jose was the special one anyway!

Robinho's first touch is great most of the time, but over the course of the whole game this season he has been the least effective of our regular attackers. I'm quite confident he is not at all happy with his own performances this season... he couldn't be FFS!

Honestly mate, I really think you're on your own when you say he has played well this season. And I think you're on your own when you say Mancini shouldn't have taken him off.
Original Dub

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:Bash away folks and call me a Robinho hater. I don't hate the lad, he just shows my club a lack of commitment on several different levels and I'm starting to think I don't want him here anymore, because him playing actually makes us worse.

Spot on mate.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Bash away folks and call me a Robinho hater. I don't hate the lad, he just shows my club a lack of commitment on several different levels and I'm starting to think I don't want him here anymore, because him playing actually makes us worse.

Spot on mate.

Joe Royle once said "it's always harder to beat ten men". If that were actually true then I could see what Robinho is currently bringing to the party.

Unfortunately Big Joe was talking out of his arse
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Rag_hater wrote:By the way they love him in Spain and would have him back in a heatbeat.

Good news, maybe we can get some of the money back we spent on him then.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Original Dub wrote:SWP was only on for a few mins in comparrison to Robinho, but the runs he made were far more dangerous to the Everton defence than any that Robinho attempted to do. SWP ran at defenders at speed and that ruffles them up. If he had been brought on instead of Robinho and put in his preferred position, then I think we would have been more effective as a team.

That's the crux of the matter though isn't it. Speed. Robinho is s...l.....o....w. Even if his step-overs come off and he tricks a defender they come back at him and out muscle him from behind to kick the ball out for a thrown in or simply win it back.

I think Robinho has realised this too which is why he doesn't seem to make any runs anymore or get involved like he did in August 2009. In the last 3 matches he's played he gets to that position on the left wing near the 18 yard line about 5 yards away from the edge of the D, camps there in the hope that Tevez passes him the ball so he can attempt his favourite shot at goal trying to curle it inside the far post.

Nail on head MRM! That's exactly what I see every game too.

He won't play on Tuesday, Mancini can't risk it, its too big of a game and to slip out of the top four (with some time until our next league game I might add) and effectively be knocked out of the cup in the space of a few days, could put major pressure on the new guy.

I'm sure he's seen enough now to know who his best players are to get the job done and there's no way anything he's seen from Robinho since we first spoke to Mancini, let alone after he came to the club, will have told him Robinho should play in the biggest game of the season so far.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you could see all those things that weren't right yet youll still say the manager didn't get it wrong.
Why did they want it more than us?Surely the chosen one is supposed to make us want it more.Thats what he is employed for.
And Robbie made 18 passes to SWP 6 so I dont think SWP did more in his time on the pitch than Robbie did.

Mancini probably thought it was the right move to give him his chance - given that he'd publicly stated, priot to the game - that Robinho must learn to perform away from CoMS.

Robbie made 18 passes?
I was unaware he'd been involved in the game at all 18 times
........ still, moving the ball along 18 times is hardly a contribution is it?

As you say you were unaware that he had been involved in the game 18 times.
I think thats the problem.
People have already made their minds up, unless Robbie puts in a MOM performance everytime he has had a shit game.
Personnally he doesn't have to do that for me and I think his contribution to the team lately justifies hisnplace in it.
For me he was far from the worst player against the Toffees.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you could see all those things that weren't right yet youll still say the manager didn't get it wrong.
Why did they want it more than us?Surely the chosen one is supposed to make us want it more.Thats what he is employed for.
And Robbie made 18 passes to SWP 6 so I dont think SWP did more in his time on the pitch than Robbie did.

Mancini probably thought it was the right move to give him his chance - given that he'd publicly stated, priot to the game - that Robinho must learn to perform away from CoMS.

Robbie made 18 passes?

People have already made their minds up, unless Robbie puts in a MOM performance everytime he has had a shit game.
Personnally he doesn't have to do that for me and I think his contribution to the team lately justifies hisnplace in it.

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

I think its probably best if we agree to disagree at thsi stage. The underlined has put it to bed for me.
Original Dub

Postby Tony P » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:41 pm

It's not just us who are worried...
city.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:So you could see all those things that weren't right yet youll still say the manager didn't get it wrong.

Robbie made 18 passes?

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

I think its probably best if we agree to disagree at thsi stage. The underlined has put it to bed for me.

I honestly dont understand how some people come to the conclusions they do. Most of the time, if I disagree with someone, I can usually understand how they got to that opinion.... In this case RH, you are off your tits.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:So you could see all those things that weren't right yet youll still say the manager didn't get it wrong.

Robbie made 18 passes?

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

I honestly dont understand how some people come to the conclusions they do. Most of the time, if I disagree with someone, I can usually understand how they got to that opinion.... In this case RH, you are off your tits.

The point is everybody knows what kind of player Robbie is.The guy who spends all week training with him and hopefully watching videos and such things should know.His tackling aint the best he doesn't chase the ball around he doesnt run up and down the pitch like his life depended on it.Why put him on if he is not suitable for the circumstances your being faced with if he is not the type of player for that game.
Rag_hater

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Robbie made 18 passes?

You were as selective in quoting me as you are in appreciating what Robinho does or does not do.

I also went on to say that "moving the ball along 18 times is hardly a contribution is it?"

In other words: my opinion of what his contribution is / was is that he, most of the time, acts / acted as some kind of shuttle service for the ball.

He makes very little effort to make himself available for the ball and when he gets it he either shifts it on immediately or tries some pointless flick / trick.

His idea of a challenge is to wave a leg in the general direction of the opponent, and no I don't require him to be putting in block tackles left, right, and centre - I know that's not his game. But his entire body language reeks of laziness, arrogance, and narcissism.

Oh man! You've sent me off on one now :@:@
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Sad fact of the matter is that in the first derby last season I was of the opinion that talent-wise Robinho was on a par with Cristiano Ronaldo and that, once he acclimatised to the Premiership he would eclipse the Tranny's impact.

Then he was anonymous in that game and since then...well.....let's just say that as a professional footballer. Robinho was transferred to City for just under 50% of C-Ron's fee to Real Madrid. And, on current evidence that was at least twice as much as he's actually worth.

It's shite. I like him as a little character and I can forgive him a lot but he has (or shortly will) push me past the limits of my patience/indulgence
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Robbie made 18 passes?

You were as selective in quoting me as you are in appreciating what Robinho does or does not do.

I also went on to say that "moving the ball along 18 times is hardly a contribution is it?"

In other words: my opinion of what his contribution is / was is that he, most of the time, acts / acted as some kind of shuttle service for the ball.

He makes very little effort to make himself available for the ball and when he gets it he either shifts it on immediately or tries some pointless flick / trick.

His idea of a challenge is to wave a leg in the general direction of the opponent, and no I don't require him to be putting in block tackles left, right, and centre - I know that's not his game. But his entire body language reeks of laziness, arrogance, and narcissism.

Seems to me everybody wants him to be Bellers or Tevez when he's not.
He's Robson de Souza
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Robbie made 18 passes?

He's Robson de Souza

Nope, we want him to be like Robinho.

You know, the one that stands out on the pitch and sets up attack after attack.

Oh and the one that scores. He hasn't scored one goal.
Original Dub

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Robbie made 18 passes?

He's Robson de Souza

I doubt that - certainly I don't.

But please tell me exactly what does he contribute?

Aside from a terrific goal against Twente last season, a brilliant lob against Arsenal, and the joy of watching him try to fool David James with a series of stepovers I can't recall anything exceptional (in keeping with both his fee and his over-inflated opinion of himself). So when he's not doing these things or he's trying to do them but they're not happening it's ok to just give up is it?

I pay my part towards his wages - he disrespects me. I'm sure he'd be the first to object if I picked his pocket.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 pm

He's a lazy little fucker that isn't contributing one iota to the team ethic and his body language and attitude suggests he isn't going to have City's best intentions at heart in thye future. It is blatantly obvious he doesn't want to play for our club, no matter who the manager is. If Barca want him then they can have him as far as i'm concerned, and i'm not arsed what the transfer fee will be, we just need rid of lazy fuckers like him. I lost patience with Robinho weeks ago.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum