Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 pm

He looked brilliant when he first arrived, when, probably in order of importance (i) Ireland was playing well (ii) his Brazilian mate Elano was there and (iii) the sun was shining. But he was always known at Real Madrid as "the slayer of the weak", i.e. great when the team is well on top but not a lot of use otherwise. I wouldn't care a bit if he never "tackled back, put in a shift" so long as his creative and attacking contributions regularly turned games, the way Ronaldo's did, or George Best's come to that, but they haven't. This season I've seen little from him beyond those attempts to curl in a shot from the edge of the penalty area. Fantastic when they come off, but City have been far more dangerous through Tevez's strength on the ball, Bellamy's runs, and even Petrov's crosses than what Robinho has contributed. Bottom line is that he's probably not happy in Manchester, he wanted to go to Chelsea and that backfired on him, so as with anyone if you're not happy you won't be at your best at your work.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Robinho is The New Ricky Edgehill.

There's always gotta be one, eh! Wonder who it'll be next?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:33 pm

He does not want to be here, He should go. What the thick little git should realise is by playing like Don Brennan on valium any potential suitors are going to be put off, does he really think Guardiola is watching his performances this season and seeing him as the man for Camp Nou.....

I can see him ending up at the sheikhs other club in the UAE. Maintains his £££ a week, gets his move, gets some sun we get a decent £££ for him, theres no way anyone else is going to pay big ££ for him now....
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Robinho: brilliant on his day but deserving the criticism he's getting.
Edgehil: a decent player who loved the club and was treated badly. I was at Maine Road for a match, vs. Coventry I think, when he was so badly abused by the crowd that Joe Royle had to keep him off for the second half.
BobbyJ1956

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

If I remember correctly he got it that bad that Edghill was in tears when he came off.
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes he did, and he was. He was bad that afternoon, but the people abusing him were worse.
BobbyJ1956

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Half time back then; hmmmmmm, I would be manouvering myself into a position in the kippax so someone else was between my dad and I, so I could join in the swering chants without getting into trouble...... great days....
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

I remember that day. I was in the North Stand who were giving it some to him but not as bad as the Kippax. A sad shameful day for the supporters especially considering he was/is blue through-and-through.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm

It's funny isn't it, just listening to Mancio's pre-match interview and he basically states that every player had a bad game and gave all credit to Everton.

On Robbie he is asked what he can do to get him back on track which in garbled speak he says that it is important for Robbie to stay quiet, work very well, think of the match on Tuesday and stay positive, whereas SSN report that 'Mancio gives Robbie a Warning over complaining about his substitution'.

Although this is not an excuse, when you think about it, he has been slated from day 1 by the media, descending eventually into threads like this about one of our own players who has been out for most part of the season. Hopefully Mancio can pick him back up otherwise he is going to be one of the most hated players to ever put on the Blue Shirt.

Shame really!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's funny isn't it, just listening to Mancio's pre-match interview and he basically states that every player had a bad game and gave all credit to Everton.

On Robbie he is asked what he can do to get him back on track which in garbled speak he says that it is important for Robbie to stay quiet, work very well, think of the match on Tuesday and stay positive, whereas SSN report that 'Mancio gives Robbie a Warning over complaining about his substitution'.

Although this is not an excuse, when you think about it, he has been slated from day 1 by the media, descending eventually into threads like this about one of our own players who has been out for most part of the season. Hopefully Mancio can pick him back up otherwise he is going to be one of the most hated players to ever put on the Blue Shirt.

Shame really!

It should be obvious that I and many others are totally cheesed off with Robinho - I have been for quite some time actually.

But even I will go along with that. It is a shame ... but, ultimately, only Robinho can do anything to change that state of affairs, and if he's going to, he needs to make a start by changing his attitude.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Kladze wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It's funny isn't it, just listening to Mancio's pre-match interview and he basically states that every player had a bad game and gave all credit to Everton.

Shame really!

It should be obvious that I and many others are totally cheesed off with Robinho - I have been for quite some time actually.

But even I will go along with that. It is a shame ... but, ultimately, only Robinho can do anything to change that state of affairs, and if he's going to, he needs to make a start by changing his attitude.

It is quite obvious.And the quite some time is obvious aswell.
Its been the case with the media from the begining because he didnt go to Chelski.
However the sad thing seems to be more of our fans are jumping on the media bandwagon and joining in with them.
Some people always need a scapegoat and for most of our fans thats turning into Robbie.
Its probably got something to do with his wages.
Ultimately Robinho cant change a thing.Its down to us fans and if the majority have decided that they are cheesed off with him and have been for sometime nothing he does on the field will change that state of affairs.
The man would never have to work again ever if he quit tomorrow so expecting him to change his attitude is pie in the sky.We either like the way he is or get rid if he doesn't float peoples boat.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Robinho: brilliant on his day but deserving the criticism he's getting.
Edgehil: a decent player who loved the club and was treated badly. I was at Maine Road for a match, vs. Coventry I think, when he was so badly abused by the crowd that Joe Royle had to keep him off for the second half.

Yeah i remember i was young then , i remember asking my dad what has he done so wrong for everyone screaming at him. I really felt sorry for him as he was a confidence player.

The guy who said ricky edgehill always gotta be one eh?

Robinho has been off form for a long time now , and people are beginning to lose patience. It looks more and more that defenders know how to stop him , they dont dive in they stand up and let robbie trick himself. Id love nothing more than him to ram these words down my throat! But for 32 million????? and 160 k a week ?????? and he talks about being in the same mould as kaka , ronaldo , messi etc you expect alot more than he is giving. He is not even having an impact in a game.

To be honest before adebayor went off to african nations cup i was worried about his lazy looking attitude and cant understand for the life of me why he never jumps up for a header. I hope when he comes back we begin to see the real adebayor.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Shame really!

It is quite obvious.And the quite some time is obvious aswell.
Its been the case with the media from the begining because he didnt go to Chelski.
However the sad thing seems to be more of our fans are jumping on the media bandwagon and joining in with them.
Some people always need a scapegoat and for most of our fans thats turning into Robbie.
Its probably got something to do with his wages.
Ultimately Robinho cant change a thing.Its down to us fans and if the majority have decided that they are cheesed off with him and have been for sometime nothing he does on the field will change that state of affairs.

The man would never have to work again ever if he quit tomorrow so expecting him to change his attitude is pie in the sky.We either like the way he is or get rid if he doesn't float peoples boat.

Sorry mate, but even by your standards that is complete codswallop :-(
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dikdik » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

They do say love is blind
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 pm

To be honest Robinho at City has done what he has always done. An occasional flash of brilliance when he feels like it. We knew what he was like before hand. Ask any Madrid fans. And Robinho has always been fragile mentally.

He's the type of player who would score a wonder goal when it's the third goal in a 3-0 win. He is not the man who gets you the equalising goal when you have come back from behind. He has never been that type of player. He is a showman. Like Rodney Marsh. He would rather soak up the applause for a great bit of skill. That's what he had since he was a teenager. Spoilt due to his amazing skill.

The Sheikh bought him on a whim and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson since about proper scouting.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Andy, lincs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:To be honest Robinho at City has done what he has always done. An occasional flash of brilliance when he feels like it. We knew what he was like before hand. Ask any Madrid fans. And Robinho has always been fragile mentally.

He's the type of player who would score a wonder goal when it's the third goal in a 3-0 win. He is not the man who gets you the equalising goal when you have come back from behind. He has never been that type of player. He is a showman. Like Rodney Marsh. He would rather soak up the applause for a great bit of skill. That's what he had since he was a teenager. Spoilt due to his amazing skill.

The Sheikh bought him on a whim and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson since about proper scouting.

Ahem.......Blackburn away last season. 2-2. Sorry. ;0)
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:To be honest Robinho at City has done what he has always done. An occasional flash of brilliance when he feels like it. We knew what he was like before hand. Ask any Madrid fans. And Robinho has always been fragile mentally.

You're right there mate.

But what team NEEDS a player who'll play well when you're 3 nil up? An absolute luxury of a player.
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:

You're right there mate.

But what team NEEDS a player who'll play well when you're 3 nil up? An absolute luxury of a player.

Mmmmh! I guess scoring the first goal at Everton last season, when City played well as a team ( as oppose to the very poor performance at Everton over the weekend), doesn't count.

Furthermore how can you make such a claim that Robinho has always been 'Fragile mentally' , do you know him personally ?
what basis do you have for such statements ?

Also, sinking the equaliser in the 94th minute at Blackburn last Christmas, is that a luxury too ??

Edit: and the other two below beat me too it !
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Andy, lincs wrote:

Ahem.......Blackburn away last season. 2-2. Sorry. ;0)

I could have put that in the net.

Git !! ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Does anyone know a decent stats site where I can find Robbie's games played this season? It'd be interesting to see how many he played before he got injured and how many games/minutes he's played since coming back.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum