Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Does anyone know a decent stats site where I can find Robbie's games played this season? It'd be interesting to see how many he played before he got injured and how many games/minutes he's played since coming back.

try this site it's loaded with data.

http://mcfcstats.co.uk/

Edit:

However, I don't think the statistics show the degree of difficulty assigned to a goal. You know like a 'tap in' might get a rating
of 1 or 2 out of 10 based on the velocity of the pass played in. Whereas a chip over a goalie, with a ball rolling and spinning away from the strker, where the striker has to run at his fastest to make the chip, might be classed as 11 out of 10 , or "Fuclin out of this world" in layman's terms.
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby One cap Whitey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Robinho: brilliant on his day but deserving the criticism he's getting.
Edgehil: a decent player who loved the club and was treated badly. I was at Maine Road for a match, vs. Coventry I think, when he was so badly abused by the crowd that Joe Royle had to keep him off for the second half.

If I remember correctly, thats the game when Bellamy played, and scored for Coventry.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Does anyone know a decent stats site where I can find Robbie's games played this season? It'd be interesting to see how many he played before he got injured and how many games/minutes he's played since coming back.

Well mate, while I know stats tell some of the story, they don't tell it all by any means and Rag_Hater is always quick to tell us how Robinho completed 18 passes etc....

The stats that are important for our most expensive attacker is goals, assists and meaningful contribution to attacks.

That and of course SHOWING the people who are watching that you want to do better. That doesn't mean running around like a headless chicken or slide tackling left right and centre. Just to see him drained when he is taken off because he tried to do the things he is good at every time he got the ball would be a fantastic start.

I agree that the media like to get at us anyway they can at the moment, but I don't think they are wrong about him at all.

Its been a long time since he amazed me. He was bought to amaze.

He may have been injured but he has had a hell of a lot more game time than RSC, who gets ridiculed regularly and he's had 3 goals from 3 starts.

Robinho hasn't scored one fucking goal FFS and its mid Jan!!

I think he only scored 3 goals in the whole year of 2009. I could be wrong there, because I don't hunt stat sites down, but it was there or there abouts... RSC has scored the same in 3 or 4 starts.

Put that in perspective and you can see the major problem we have.
Original Dub

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:To be honest Robinho at City has done what he has always done. An occasional flash of brilliance when he feels like it. We knew what he was like before hand. Ask any Madrid fans. And Robinho has always been fragile mentally.

He's the type of player who would score a wonder goal when it's the third goal in a 3-0 win. He is not the man who gets you the equalising goal when you have come back from behind. He has never been that type of player. He is a showman. Like Rodney Marsh. He would rather soak up the applause for a great bit of skill. That's what he had since he was a teenager. Spoilt due to his amazing skill.

The Sheikh bought him on a whim and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson since about proper scouting.

You're right there mate.

But what team NEEDS a player who'll play well when you're 3 nil up? An absolute luxury of a player.

Mmmmh! I guess scoring the first goal at Everton last season, when City played well as a team ( as oppose to the very poor performance at Everton over the weekend), doesn't count.

Furthermore how can you make such a claim that Robinho has always been 'Fragile mentally' , do you know him personally ?
what basis do you have for such statements ?

Also, sinking the equaliser in the 94th minute at Blackburn last Christmas, is that a luxury too ??

Edit: and the other two below beat me too it !

So he's done it once then. Well worth £32 million isn't it.
It was not meant as a literal comment, more of a description of the type of player i.e. when you really need it from your top players, when the team is really up against it, and you need that moment of magic, he doesn't deliver. He is very much the type who scores the wonder goal when it is the icing on the cake i.e. the chip against Arsenal in a game when we were already stuffing them.

As for mentally fragile: I don't have access to his medical notes. But I do remember his press conferences for Madrid during the summer when he left. And his unofficial "leave of absences" where he goes back to Brazil. That happened at Madrid. Last year was not the first time.

Robinho has a real challenge on his hands. IMO he is not up to the challenge, never will be. It pains me to say it. All the talent in the world. But he reminds me now of Denilson who got the big money transfer to Real Betis. World record signing, but never delivered anything other than stepovers, and the wonder goal in a 3-0 win.

Last year we played United and they had one of the Rafael teenagers at full back. I remember thinking, "this will be fun, Robbie will take him to the cleaners". Instead he was intimidated by the full back... the teenage novice bullied the world superstar. For me that is when I stopped believing in the Robinho myth.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:To be honest Robinho at City has done what he has always done. An occasional flash of brilliance when he feels like it. We knew what he was like before hand. Ask any Madrid fans. And Robinho has always been fragile mentally.

He's the type of player who would score a wonder goal when it's the third goal in a 3-0 win. He is not the man who gets you the equalising goal when you have come back from behind. He has never been that type of player. He is a showman. Like Rodney Marsh. He would rather soak up the applause for a great bit of skill. That's what he had since he was a teenager. Spoilt due to his amazing skill.

The Sheikh bought him on a whim and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson since about proper scouting.

You're right there mate.

But what team NEEDS a player who'll play well when you're 3 nil up? An absolute luxury of a player.

Mmmmh! I guess scoring the first goal at Everton last season, when City played well as a team ( as oppose to the very poor performance at Everton over the weekend), doesn't count.

Furthermore how can you make such a claim that Robinho has always been 'Fragile mentally' , do you know him personally ?

Also, sinking the equaliser in the 94th minute at Blackburn last Christmas, is that a luxury too ??

It was not meant as a literal comment, more of a description of the type of player i.e. when you really need it from your top players, when the team is really up against it, and you need that moment of magic, he doesn't deliver. He is very much the type who scores the wonder goal when it is the icing on the cake i.e. the chip against Arsenal in a game when we were already stuffing them.

As for mentally fragile: I don't have access to his medical notes. But I do remember his press conferences for Madrid during the summer when he left. And his unofficial "leave of absences" where he goes back to Brazil. That happened at Madrid. Last year was not the first time.

Robinho has a real challenge on his hands. IMO he is not up to the challenge, never will be. It pains me to say it. All the talent in the world. But he reminds me now of Denilson who got the big money transfer to Real Betis. World record signing, but never delivered anything other than stepovers, and the wonder goal in a 3-0 win.

Last year we played U***d and they had one of the Rafael teenagers at full back. I remember thinking, "this will be fun, Robbie will take him to the cleaners". Instead he was intimidated by the full back... the teenage novice bullied the world superstar. For me that is when I stopped believing in the Robinho myth.

By leave of absence, I take it you means things like his mother being kidnapped ?

Anyway, it is frustrating that Robinho does not appear to be at his best. It's bad enough that he gets a witch hunt in the press/media without City fans getting on his back too. I would much rather we keep Robinho than someone like RSC.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

You're right there mate.

Last year we played U***d and they had one of the Rafael teenagers at full back. I remember thinking, "this will be fun, Robbie will take him to the cleaners". Instead he was intimidated by the full back... the teenage novice bullied the world superstar. For me that is when I stopped believing in the Robinho myth.

By leave of absence, I take it you means things like his mother being kidnapped ?

Anyway, it is frustrating that Robinho does not appear to be at his best. It's bad enough that he gets a witch hunt in the press/media without City fans getting on his back too. I would much rather we keep Robinho than someone like RSC.

SPOT ON - AT LEAST SOME DAY ROBBIE WILL REDISCOVER HIS FORM WHILST CROCKY WILL ALWAYS CARRY ON HIS LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE FUCKING STRETCHER.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Crossie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm

I could understand it if he was trying to beat players and falling over or not getting past them.

I could understand it if he kept hitting the post or the keeper was making wonder saves, or he kept getting injuries etc.

But I do not and cannot understand the total lack of physical effort and lack of mental energy he thinks he can get away with.

If he cannot motivate himself to perform away from home then he has some much more deep lying physcological issues.

First 6 months last season, made me think he was the best player City have ever had, and over time he would be THE player eveyone associated with us.

Last 12 months, especially Spurs and Everton away, I see a player I dont want to ever put the City shirt on again, because he is clearly being a fucking little cunt of a "man" putting in 5% effort, looking like he doesnt want the ball, and when he gets it, doesnt know what to do with it.

When this happens to a player, the sooner he is moved on the better, personally I think he is finished, and on his way to Barca by the end of Jan, and im glad.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 am

Original Dub wrote:

Well mate, while I know stats tell some of the story, they don't tell it all by any means and Rag_Hater is always quick to tell us how Robinho completed 18 passes etc....

The stats that are important for our most expensive attacker is goals, assists and meaningful contribution to attacks.

That and of course SHOWING the people who are watching that you want to do better. That doesn't mean running around like a headless chicken or slide tackling left right and centre. Just to see him drained when he is taken off because he tried to do the things he is good at every time he got the ball would be a fantastic start.

I agree that the media like to get at us anyway they can at the moment, but I don't think they are wrong about him at all.

He may have been injured but he has had a hell of a lot more game time than RSC, who gets ridiculed regularly and he's had 3 goals from 3 starts.

I think he only scored 3 goals in the whole year of 2009. I could be wrong there, because I don't hunt stat sites down, but it was there or there abouts... RSC has scored the same in 3 or 4 starts.

Thanks for your perspective mate but i didn't ask for passes/tackles/blocks etc, what I was after was games played this year (including sub appearance) and goals scored, which I have found here - [urlnp=http://www.soccerbase.com/squad_season.sd?seasonid=139&teamid=1718]Soccerbase.com[/urlnp] - and somewhat goes to answer my own question (in my head of course).

What I was wondering was how many games Robbie had played compared to Tevez. The reason I ask this is because I seem to remember comments regarding Tevez's involvement in the team some time ago, to the point that (please correct me if I'm wrong) someone actually called him an 'Overpriced Dickov', or words to that effect. Anyway, here's what I got:

All Games

Carlos - 22 starts, 2 sub apps and 15 goals

Robbie - 7 starts, 4 sub apps and 0 goals

Just in case anyone would like to comment on other players, here's a few more stats:

Rocky - 4 starts, 7 sub apps and 3 goals

Bellers - 17 starts, 5 sub apps and 6 goals

Petters - 8 starts, 7 sub apps and 4 goals

And my point you are wondering, well it's this. Carlos has played in 24 games of which he has scored 15 goals, however 11 of them goals have come in his last 10 games, the other 4 came in the Scunthorpe, West Ham x 2 and Palace games. So, he only scored 2 goals in 10 other games yet no-one seems to be berating him, and rightly so.

Robbie has played in 11 games of which he scored the grand total of zero. However, the first 3 of those games were at the start of the season where we won all 3, not conceding a goal. He was then injured and returned for the Hull game where I thought he had a very decent game, and if i remember rightly, he was subbed off the pitch a few minutes before they scored from a dubious penalty. He then goes on to play a full game against Chelsea that we won 2-1, again showing flashes of his old brilliance before coming on as a late sub whilst 3-2 down at Bolton, with 10 men, and go on to get a draw (excellent goal by Carlos by the way).

Moving on from the Spurs game, Robbie has made 4 more appearances, against Stoke where we were leading comfortably before coming off (although I don't think he had a great game), against Wolves as a late sub setting up a goal for Carlos, another sub for the Blackburn game and finally the game against Everton. Hopefully that covers his season so far.

Anyway, here's the point of the whole post. Looking above at Robbies stats for this season, they don't actually look to bad. In fact, they actually show that whilst he was on the pitch the team would only have dropped 6 points in his game time, and those 2 games weren't just bad games for Robbie, but the team as a whole including Carlos and Bellers who have been our main players this season. And considering that Robbie was getting back from injury, whilst having to contend with semi-hostile crowds wondering if they'd drop their/our beloved Bellers, then I don't actually think he has done that bad.

Maybe it's the money thing, maybe it's the expectation that he can be a wizard week-in/week-out, maybe it's because want more, maybe it's the media hype, or maybe it's just because we like to see the never-stop running and hasselling of players by the likes of Carlos and Bellers that we cannot except Robbie for who he is.

I don't know myself, and do question him at times, but one thing is certain, he is a Blue and he plays for Manchester City, and that's all I need to give him 100% support when he next walks out on that pitch. In my opinion, Robbie is just getting back, and if he can produce anything near what he is capable of, he will be back with the likes of Carlos and Bellers which will do me just fine.

Apologies for the longevity of this post, but it was difficult to write with so much info to get across.

PS. Didn't realise that Bellers hadn't scored since Hughes left and now only has 1 in, let's say, a few more games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:53 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Thanks for your perspective mate but i didn't ask for passes/tackles/blocks etc, what I was after was games played this year (including sub appearance) and goals scored, which I have found here - [urlnp=http://www.soccerbase.com/squad_season.sd?seasonid=139&teamid=1718]Soccerbase.com[/urlnp] - and somewhat goes to answer my own question (in my head of course).

What I was wondering was how many games Robbie had played compared to Tevez. The reason I ask this is because I seem to remember comments regarding Tevez's involvement in the team some time ago, to the point that (please correct me if I'm wrong) someone actually called him an 'Overpriced Dickov', or words to that effect. Anyway, here's what I got:

All Games

Just in case anyone would like to comment on other players, here's a few more stats:

And my point you are wondering, well it's this. Carlos has played in 24 games of which he has scored 15 goals, however 11 of them goals have come in his last 10 games, the other 4 came in the Scunthorpe, West Ham x 2 and Palace games. So, he only scored 2 goals in 10 other games yet no-one seems to be berating him, and rightly so.

Robbie has played in 11 games of which he scored the grand total of zero. However, the first 3 of those games were at the start of the season where we won all 3, not conceding a goal. He was then injured and returned for the Hull game where I thought he had a very decent game, and if i remember rightly, he was subbed off the pitch a few minutes before they scored from a dubious penalty. He then goes on to play a full game against Chelsea that we won 2-1, again showing flashes of his old brilliance before coming on as a late sub whilst 3-2 down at Bolton, with 10 men, and go on to get a draw (excellent goal by Carlos by the way).

Moving on from the Spurs game, Robbie has made 4 more appearances, against Stoke where we were leading comfortably before coming off (although I don't think he had a great game), against Wolves as a late sub setting up a goal for Carlos, another sub for the Blackburn game and finally the game against Everton. Hopefully that covers his season so far.

Anyway, here's the point of the whole post. Looking above at Robbies stats for this season, they don't actually look to bad. In fact, they actually show that whilst he was on the pitch the team would only have dropped 6 points in his game time, and those 2 games weren't just bad games for Robbie, but the team as a whole including Carlos and Bellers who have been our main players this season. And considering that Robbie was getting back from injury, whilst having to contend with semi-hostile crowds wondering if they'd drop their/our beloved Bellers, then I don't actually think he has done that bad.

Maybe it's the money thing, maybe it's the expectation that he can be a wizard week-in/week-out, maybe it's because want more, maybe it's the media hype, or maybe it's just because we like to see the never-stop running and hasselling of players by the likes of Carlos and Bellers that we cannot except Robbie for who he is.

I don't know myself, and do question him at times, but one thing is certain, he is a Blue and he plays for Manchester City, and that's all I need to give him 100% support when he next walks out on that pitch. In my opinion, Robbie is just getting back, and if he can produce anything near what he is capable of, he will be back with the likes of Carlos and Bellers which will do me just fine.

Apologies for the longevity of this post, but it was difficult to write with so much info to get across.

PS. Didn't realise that Bellers hadn't scored since Hughes left and now only has 1 in, let's say, a few more games.

Yeah mate, I wasn't so much trying to answer your question as put another side of it across.

Great post BTW, well thought out and to a certain degree I agree.

However, if I could take your post and blend it with Crossie's right above it, then we will have what Robinho has/ is capable of giving us city fans.

0 goals in 7 starts isn't great, but isn't bad. But in 2009 I think he scored 3 goals.

wow.

And aside from all that, its the obvious lack of interest/indifferent attitude towards the team in general. Its called caring and there's a HELL of a lot of people that he gives no reason whatsoever to believe he actually does....

CARE that is.
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:03 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

All Games

Great post mate. He's had 2 very bad games, in the other games he has looked decent-good. Nothing like we saw from him last season, but he hasn't been fit nearly all season. In those 2 games he was absolutely terrible, so were most of the team (he probably was the worst at Spurs, alongside Sylvinho) but against Everton, there were other players out there who performed even worse than Robinho did (namely Barry & de Jong) yet they don't get slated and for some reason it is all Robinho's fault and he can fuck off? Let's just wait & see what happens from now til the summer. It's not like we need the money and if he does get back to full fitness and back to his form of last year, we will all be singing his praises again. I believe he can still deliver, let's not turn against him just yet.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:01 am

Original Dub wrote:

RSC who you think is so good this month scored 6 goals in 22 starts last year and 28 games in total.Doesn't seem very prolific to me.
There was a period last year from Dec13 to Feb 14 when he started 7 games and did not score or make an assist.The period before that he had gone 6 games aswell.So thats 1 goal in 14 games.
Everbody goes through dry patches.Robson's going through one now and it seems he is being given no leeway by our fans.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:08 am

Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

RSC who you think is so good this month scored 6 goals in 22 starts last year and 28 games in total.Doesn't seem very prolific to me.
There was a period last year from Dec13 to Feb 14 when he started 7 games and did not score or make an assist.The period before that he had gone 6 games aswell.So thats 1 goal in 14 games.
Everbody goes through dry patches.Robson's going through one now and it seems he is being given no leeway by our fans.

See, this is the thing with you mate - you say "RSC, who who think is so good". I never said he was "so good" or "prolific". They are words you used, not me.

He is our third choice striker and I merely compared his contribution to the city cause this season with Robinho's, that's all.

How many goals did Robinho score in the whole of 2009?

Ultimately, the player will be judged on goals and assists, not sideways passes. That's why we smashed the british transfer record to get him.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

All Games

Yeah mate, I wasn't so much trying to answer your question as put another side of it across.

However, if I could take your post and blend it with Crossie's right above it, then we will have what Robinho has/ is capable of giving us city fans.

0 goals in 7 starts isn't great, but isn't bad. But in 2009 I think he scored 3 goals.

wow.

And aside from all that, its the obvious lack of interest/indifferent attitude towards the team in general. Its called caring and there's a HELL of a lot of people that he gives no reason whatsoever to believe he actually does....

CARE that is.

See, that's where we disagree mate. I actually think he does care, more than some would give him credit for. I read loads of stuff last year about the Barca situation and everytime it was rehashed, it had a different spin, and all from loaded questions. He then cares enough to come out directly to state that he loves it in Manchester, loves the club and the fans and wants to stay here for a very long time. He plays a couple of games under par after coming back from injury and castigated for not being the best player in the world.

One thing I'd say about the Everton game is that I saw Robinho have the best chance of the game with his 1st touch, play probably the best pass of the game into Bellers and actually seen him chasing the ball top-to-bottom/left-right. Although it didn't pay off and yes he pulled out of challenges (Big Jessie), he showed to me that he actually CARES.

Some players give 100% by running around for every ball, some players give 100% by wearing their heart on their sleeve, some people give 100% by showing true disciplne in their given postion and some people give 100% by having the skill and talent in their locker. For me, it takes all these people to make up a decent squad and decent 1st team and although Bellers hasn't had the greatest of games lately and Tevez was having somewhat of an indifferent start to the season, at no time did I call for them to fuck off back to West Ham or the Scum. No, I gave and will still give them my support when they pull on that Blue Shirt, in the hope that their indifferent form turns out to be a match winner, which in many cases, it as turned out to be.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

All Games

wow.

CARE that is.

See, that's where we disagree mate. I actually think he does care, more than some would give him credit for. I read loads of stuff last year about the Barca situation and everytime it was rehashed, it had a different spin, and all from loaded questions. He then cares enough to come out directly to state that he loves it in Manchester, loves the club and the fans and wants to stay here for a very long time. He plays a couple of games under par after coming back from injury and castigated for not being the best player in the world.

One thing I'd say about the Everton game is that I saw Robinho have the best chance of the game with his 1st touch, play probably the best pass of the game into Bellers and actually seen him chasing the ball top-to-bottom/left-right. Although it didn't pay off and yes he pulled out of challenges (Big Jessie), he showed to me that he actually CARES.

Some players give 100% by running around for every ball, some players give 100% by wearing their heart on their sleeve, some people give 100% by showing true disciplne in their given postion and some people give 100% by having the skill and talent in their locker. For me, it takes all these people to make up a decent squad and decent 1st team and although Bellers hasn't had the greatest of games lately and Tevez was having somewhat of an indifferent start to the season, at no time did I call for them to fuck off back to West Ham or the Scum. No, I gave and will still give them my support when they pull on that Blue Shirt, in the hope that their indifferent form turns out to be a match winner, which in many cases, it as turned out to be.

Another good post mate, but I think you're getting the feeling that I want him to "fuck off back to where he came from" and that's simply not the case. I defend all our players when I feel they are being unfairly criticized, however, I don't feel he he's being unfairly treated. I think he'd agree for a year now he has been below par overall. I'm all for supporting players, until they become a liability to the team. I'm not saying he is definitely a liability to the team, but it is heading that way and even you'd have to admit if it continues like this for much longer, he's not going to be a first teamer.

I support the boys in blue, but this forum is to discuss player and team performances, first and foremost and I believe he's not what I expected he was going to be for this season, or a lot of the last.

I still hope he scores a hatrick in his next game and shuts me up.... and I'm not saying he's a richman's Berkovic or anything silly like that, but I want to see improvement and I'll know it when I see it. Some stat site won't tell me, nor will the english media.

I
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well mate, while I know stats tell some of the story, they don't tell it all by any means and Rag_Hater is always quick to tell us how Robinho completed 18 passes etc....

All Games

wow.

CARE that is.

Another good post mate, but I think you're getting the feeling that I want him to "fuck off back to where he came from" and that's simply not the case. I defend all our players when I feel they are being unfairly criticized, however, I don't feel he he's being unfairly treated. I think he'd agree for a year now he has been below par overall. I'm all for supporting players, until they become a liability to the team. I'm not saying he is definitely a liability to the team, but it is heading that way and even you'd have to admit if it continues like this for much longer, he's not going to be a first teamer.

I support the boys in blue, but this forum is to discuss player and team performances, first and foremost and I believe he's not what I expected he was going to be for this season, or a lot of the last.

I still hope he scores a hatrick in his next game and shuts me up.... and I'm not saying he's a richman's Berkovic or anything silly like that, but I want to see improvement and I'll know it when I see it. Some stat site won't tell me, nor will the english media.

No mate, the 'fuck off back' bit was mentioned in the thread earlier and I wasn't suggesting in any way that you (or any other) did not support the team 100%. And yes, I understand the need to debate the heighest paid player and his current form, but what I am seeing and reading seems to go beyond that, almost to the point of trying to hound the bloke out of our club with no real perspective (the sites new word) of which games he has actually played in. What I'm trying to add is a bit of balance, not with an aim of putting Robbie on a pedestal, but in order to give him the same treatment as any other player.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum