Barry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barry

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 pm

squad player at most. hasn't shown that he has the legs for a whole season. though it would be nice to see de jong put in a 10 level performance every game it just is not going to happen and so what becomes is a midfield that looks wide open. true nobody in midfield look good today but barry who was our creative mid out there today did absolutely nothing.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: Barry

Postby King Kev » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:50 pm

He can't handle a physical encounter. Hit him early and he will disappear for the rest of the game. Moyes obviously spotted this, instructed his players accordingly and it worked like a dream.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:53 pm

mind you Afro puffs was a beast/is a beast but even with the space passes where trash
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

I thought he was just one of 14 bad players today. No better or worse than anyone else.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:squad player at most. hasn't shown that he has the legs for a whole season. though it would be nice to see de jong put in a 10 level performance every game it just is not going to happen and so what becomes is a midfield that looks wide open. true nobody in midfield look good today but barry who was our creative mid out there today did absolutely nothing.

im sure mr cappello fully agrees ,not.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:16 pm

I think the overall performance was shit. If you want to highlight the worst it has got to be Robinho, it was like playing with 10 men when he came on.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:23 pm

yes robbie was gash but barry surpassed him in utter gashness today. ive noticed once he get rattles and calls dont go his way he really loses his composure. this happened today and its not good enough.
StrikeAnywhere

Postby glossopblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:45 pm

better than a squad player!! thought he was unlucky tonight, ndj wasnt up to scratch either. 1 bad game doesnt make him a bad player!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Barry was exposed tonight by the formation. He was still trying to make tackles and get on the ball late into the match so the notion of him hiding is a load of rubbish.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:17 pm

It was a rare game where after the first ten minutes where we looked decent, everybody was gash and anonymous (Even King Carlos!)

Thought Garrido played quite well and Benjani worked hard and held the ball up well. Didn't think I would be saying that this year.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 am

Svensational wrote:He was quality at Villa, week in week out. Its not as if hes changed leagues or anything? O'Neill obviously knew how to get him playing.

Actually, that's not really true. Barry was very good player in Villa but had tendency to sulk for period of games even in Villa. It's just that they were never in races for very top that he could get away with it without people outside Villa supporters noticing it.

That said, I'm sure he's still going through his worst season ever.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 am

I thought he was much bettet than NDJ today and did quite a few decent blocks and tackles,much more than Nigel.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum