'I am not a magician' says Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 'I am not a magician' says Mancini

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Gloryhunter123 wrote:Why did we hire you then ?

What happend to we are going to win the league this season :) .

That was some silly supporters and even sillier players saying that crap. Mancini said it's too early for us and our aim is 4th.
This is exactly how hate campaign against Sven started. Some muppets get ahead of themselves and when things don't go as they expected ie us winning all our games, they are going to start hate campaigns.

Ah, I do recall a "lack of ambition" thread that many contributed heavily - including your good self.

Apparently, because hughes said we were aiming for top six, some "muppets" thought that he didn't want to go an higher than 6th. These same "muppets" now think its ok for our manager to clearly state that our aim is 4th and that we can't win the title.

And I read a post by you yesterday where you were telling us to be positive, that we are still in the running for fourth etc... but we were when we sacked the last guy and you never mentioned that....

Really really strange goings on here lately....

Wait a minute. Rewriting the history again are we. At the time of Hughes sacking, I remember clearly saying that for me he could stick around until the end of the season.

Hughes said we were aiming for top 6 and failed to even nearly reach his target. Therefore he should've been sacked in summer.

If you mean Hughes saying that we should aim for 6th THIS season then yes, I do think he was aiming ridiculously low considering money spend. In the very same season, after the preious manager had already dropped bagfull of points, the next man who comes in still feels he can take us fourth (instead of 6th) and that's a great and quite hard target for me. Talking about winning the title is ridiculous and you know it. It's just the way some people some to vent their anger on next manager because their favourite red hero was sacked.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:14 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

That was some silly supporters and even sillier players saying that crap. Mancini said it's too early for us and our aim is 4th.

This is exactly how hate campaign against Sven started. Some muppets get ahead of themselves and when things don't go as they expected ie us winning all our games, they are going to start hate campaigns.

I agree with you but how hypocritical to be criticicising an early hate campaign against a manager!

Meaning what? I set target for Hughes first season, 6th, and everyone seemed to agree with that. When we were million miles away from that I said it out loud. After Portsmouth 6-1 and recovering from initial shock of having rag legend in charge, I was more than ready to give him chance, similar to Mancini's situation at this stage, but after that it was bad to worse. Unlike Hughes fanatics, I was quite consistent with the targets I set and reaching them.

Exactly like under Sven. I thought top half finish was good target at that situation and he achieved that. Some people just get ahead of themselves.

Exactly the same

Really, really haven't got the time or inclination to trawl through old threads to prove any points. You would only argue black is white anyway.

Ok then. So we are just supposed to trust on your memory then. And Od's. And Alex's. And Wonderwall's. That sounds fair deal that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:14 pm

will you get onto me next please NQPD.
Waiting to share your disgust at how muppets with unreasonable expectations start hate campaigns
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Ah, I do recall a "lack of ambition" thread that many contributed heavily - including your good self.

Apparently, because hughes said we were aiming for top six, some "muppets" thought that he didn't want to go an higher than 6th. These same "muppets" now think its ok for our manager to clearly state that our aim is 4th and that we can't win the title.

And I read a post by you yesterday where you were telling us to be positive, that we are still in the running for fourth etc... but we were when we sacked the last guy and you never mentioned that....

Wait a minute. Rewriting the history again are we. At the time of Hughes sacking, I remember clearly saying that for me he could stick around until the end of the season.

Hughes said we were aiming for top 6 and failed to even nearly reach his target. Therefore he should've been sacked in summer.

If you mean Hughes saying that we should aim for 6th THIS season then yes, I do think he was aiming ridiculously low considering money spend. In the very same season, after the preious manager had already dropped bagfull of points, the next man who comes in still feels he can take us fourth (instead of 6th) and that's a great and quite hard target for me. Talking about winning the title is ridiculous and you know it. It's just the way some people some to vent their anger on next manager because their favourite red hero was sacked.

Absolute bullshit. The people who backed hughes are all backing mancini. That is what we do. Support the club - unlike others.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:will you get onto me next please NQPD.
Waiting to share your disgust at how muppets with unreasonable expectations start hate campaigns

did you think that expecting to finish 6th last season and 5th with good push for 4th this season was "unreasonable"? I don't. I DO however think that expecting us to push for title this season is nothing short of ridiculous.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Absolute bullshit. The people who backed hughes are all backing mancini. That is what we do. Support the club - unlike others.

Is that so? Reading through "Is Mancini the man" thread gives me completely different outlook.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Favourite red hero? How old are you?

I couldn't give a fuck about mark hughes, I want city to do well and you're be well advised not to question my support again.

The reason for my post was to point out how ridiculous that stupid thread was before... how silly it was that people thought hughes wanted 6th and no higher and also how you are now "oh lets give it time" and "we're still in the race for fourth" when you never spoke like that with the last guy, even though we were in a very similar position.

I don't want Mark Hughes back, I just want the same for this guy as I did the last.

But you don't. Because Mark Hughes played for Man United.

Do you remember taking the piss out of me because I wanted us to sign Carlos Tevez. Because he played for Man Utd?

Good call that one mate... as per usual.
Original Dub

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Grob wrote:The fact that Richards held onto the shirt of Saha for what seemed like ages is the issue.

Mancini may be no magician but to show a reasonably in form everton no respect on their home ground by playing Bellemy, Robinho, Tevez and Petrov for an hour and only 2 in midfield is Mark Hughesesque management.

Agree with this. It was the wrong team selection for me.

Also for the pen anyone notice Saha's reaction, he thought hed been caught offside or somthing cos was gutted when the whistle went ha rounds it up for me
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

some of the hypocrisy on show in this thread is nauseating.

ffs, the bare-facedness of it; NQDP you are saying things about Mancio that you slaughtered people for saying about Hughes.

"lack of ambition" "unrealistic expectations" - these kind of sayings had some people labelled "fucking lickers" or "happy clappers".
The Man In Blue

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:Do you remember taking the piss out of me because I wanted us to sign Carlos Tevez. Because he played for Man Utd?

Good call that one mate... as per usual.

And being the most vociferous about the signing of bellamy.

Another good call....as per usual.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:some of the hypocrisy on show in this thread is nauseating.

ffs, the bare-facedness of it; NQDP you are saying things about Mancio that you slaughtered people for saying about Hughes.

"lack of ambition" "unrealistic expectations" - these kind of sayings had some people labelled "fucking lickers" or "happy clappers".

I repeat. What was wrong with the targets I set for Hughes, the ones that seemed to be targets set by owners? And yes, I DO believe that it's happy clapping if we fail to reach those targets and people still praising the manager. If we are below fifth, you will not hear me praising Mancini, even if I DO think he is the right man for us in long term.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I repeat. What was wrong with the targets I set for Hughes, the ones that seemed to be targets set by owners?

what, the targets we were still well capable of making when he was sacked? top six? that's what the owners publicly stated. if you have a direct line to HRH Mansour and know better then please, share it with us.
The Man In Blue

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:28 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:some of the hypocrisy on show in this thread is nauseating.

I repeat. What was wrong with the targets I set for Hughes, the ones that seemed to be targets set by owners? And yes, I DO believe that it's happy clapping if we fail to reach those targets and people still praising the manager. If we are below fifth, you will not hear me praising Mancini, even if I DO think he is the right man for us in long term.

Hughes was on course to reach the targets set by the owners this season. And I don't think people were "praising" the manager, we were just supporting him. Our support is the same for Mancini.

You seem to think people on here support the manager and not the club. Its a dangerous path you're going down questioning people's support for the club my friend.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:29 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I repeat. What was wrong with the targets I set for Hughes, the ones that seemed to be targets set by owners?

what, the targets we were still well capable of making when he was sacked? top six? that's what the owners publicly stated. if you have a direct line to HRH Mansour and know better then please, share it with us.

Are you slow or something. I said when the season kicked off, that for better or for worse, he has whole season for me. Stance which I repeated after getting us into League Cup Semi's.

I'm still delighted to see him gone as I don't think he would've offered us anything in long term.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

Are you slow or something. I said when the season kicked off, that for better or for worse, he has whole season for me. Stance which I repeated after getting us into League Cup Semi's.

I'm still delighted to see him gone as I don't think he would've offered us anything in long term.

Jesus Christ, that's uncalled for I think.

"It seems you can't criticize the manager these days without the lickers jumping down your throat".

Does that line sound familiar?
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Are you slow or something.

nice, resort to personals when your arguments are put to the sword, classy. how you are a mod on here is fucking beyond me, so maybe i am slow.

The targets set at start of season publicly by the owners were top six.

QUESTION: when Hughes was sacked, could we have reached these targets?

oh, and sorry for not remembering what you posted 6-7 months ago, how very remiss of me.
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

nice, resort to personals when your arguments are put to the sword. classy. how you are a mod on here is fucking beyond me, so maybe i am slow.

QUESTION: when Hughes was sacked, could we have reched these targets?

oh, and sorry for not remembering what you posted 6-7 months ago, how very remiss of me.

Well. as you said something I had already replied to ten times in this thread, it was very valid question.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:35 pm

"Absolute bullshit. The people who backed hughes are all backing mancini. That is what we do. Support the club - unlike others."

Well said sir - from what I can see - the people who really supported the previous CITY manager - just because he was the incumbent CITY MANAGER - have also got on with things and thrown support behind the current CITY manager - simply because he is the incumbent CITY MANAGER - for me it is about being loyal and committed fans

So it is a bit rum for people who have put probably 100s of posts into a concerted campaign that can only be described as a HATE CAMPAIGN to then bring up a subject of people getting on the manager's back

Like they are some holier than thou white knight or something

Best they just kept quiet surely and gloat that they dragged their target down in the end - than try to be so frankly 'hard-faced' to think that people can not see the double standards - it stands out like a beacon

At least some of the previous hate campaign members have not tried to present themselves subsequently as some kind of 'even-handed sages'
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

nice, resort to personals when your arguments are put to the sword. classy. how you are a mod on here is fucking beyond me, so maybe i am slow.

Well. as you said something I had already replied to ten times in this thread, it was very valid question.

how about answering the question i asked?
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

how about answering the question i asked?

Are you slow or something? I have answered that question numerous times on this topic. I didn't ask for Hughes head when he was sacked. If he would've been completely unable to reach the target of 5TH SPOT FINISH WITH GOOD PUSH FOR TOP FOUR WHICH FOR ME WAS DECENT TARGET IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, I would've said so.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum