Will this game prompt Mancini to buy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Will this game prompt Mancini to buy?

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 pm

What do you guys think?

RSC - crooked and injured again, god knows if he will ever play a full game this season
Adebayor - shellshocked from the brutal attack and the subsequent deaths of his team mates and friends
Robinho - shit and not interested to play

That really leaves us only with Benjani as a tallish front man and while I thought he was doing okay and is working really hard, certainly we could do with a better forward?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Will this game prompt Mancini to buy?

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Even though we are owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world there's no guarantee that every manager of ours would get unlimited budget to buy players... I for one wouldn't be surprised at all if Mancini didn't have any money to spend in Jan
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Maybe
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 pm

You would think so, makes you wonder if he does not get in a new defence , an attacking midfielder, and a striker , then maybe the Oil is running dry. I can't see how we can compete with this pile of dross. One bush haired Belgian ?, semi skilled Everton player made our multi millionaire guys look like clowns, then maybe they are.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 pm

viking the Odd wrote:You would think so, makes you wonder if he does not get in a new defence , an attacking midfielder, and a striker , then maybe the Oil is running dry. I can't see how we can compete with this pile of dross. One bush haired Belgian ?, semi skilled Everton player made our multi millionaire guys look like clowns, then maybe they are.

I was rather thinking about the players that are simply not available. God knows when Adebayor will feel like he can play again.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby blootoof » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:37 am

I very much doubt tonight's result had any influence on whether we were gonna buy anyone or not. I'd imagine he's had his targets for a while now.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 am

If he does, i want him to look at bringing in youngsters of immense quality that we can mold and make in to superstars to play alongside our established stars.

Defensively I would be straight in for Ranocchia and Bonucci of Bari. For me these guys are head and shoulders above our defenders. Especially Ranocchia. They will be world class, no doubt and the bed rock of the future Italy. Bari have the best defensive record in Serie A and it is down to these two. 21 & 22 respectively. Alongside that I would look at bringing in Balotelli from Inter.

I'd rather us make our own superstars than these off the shelf or on the wane stars like Gerrard etc. Constant changing of big name players won't bring us success but in fact disharmony.

I'm sure CityFanFromRome will tell us how good the Bari lads are. I just want us to buy these kind of none world superstar names, more of a stealth purchasing strategy where everyone suddenly is surprised at how good the players are.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 am

A 3-0 defeat to a top 6 club prompted our owners to fire. What will a 2-0 defeat to a bottom-half club do? To me, that's the more pressing question.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:A 3-0 defeat to a top 6 club prompted our owners to fire. What will a 2-0 defeat to a bottom-half club do? To me, that's the more pressing question.

I think the difference between today and the game against Spurs were the individual errors that cost us, and the fact that we still had a few good chances even though we were poor. At Spurs we didn't even create anything. Opening ten minutes we looked promising against the Toffees and we just faded, whether Everton were a bit worried about Santa's aerial threat I'm not sure, but we just folded after that after starting with some nice quick passing.

Early days yet though, Mancini has a much weaker squad than Hughes had. We still have plenty of players to come back and Mancini has not used that as an excuse. Let's see what we are like when we have Ireland, Lescott, Bridge,Toure, Adebayor, Vieira, SWP, Onouha, all back
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 am

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:A 3-0 defeat to a top 6 club prompted our owners to fire. What will a 2-0 defeat to a bottom-half club do? To me, that's the more pressing question.

I think the difference between today and the game against Spurs were the individual errors that cost us, and the fact that we still had a few good chances even though we were poor. At Spurs we didn't even create anything. Opening ten minutes we looked promising against the Toffees and we just faded, whether Everton were a bit worried about Santa's aerial threat I'm not sure, but we just folded after that after starting with some nice quick passing.

Personally, I was shocked Robinho replaced RSC, especially with Petrov starting. It should have been Benjani, or a tactical shiftaround. Fortunately, we had no corners to embarass ourselves further with in the first half.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby irblinx » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:22 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Even though we are owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world there's no guarantee that every manager of ours would get unlimited budget to buy players... I for one wouldn't be surprised at all if Mancini didn't have any money to spend in Jan

Absolute nonsense, you honestly think that they would bring in a new manager, especially one with Mancini's reputation and then not back him financially? He has said all along that he will assess what he's got before looking elsewhere. He decided quickly that we were light in MF so brought in cover but just because he didn't spend over the odds on transfer fee as was Hughes' style you think the Sheikh has said no more spending!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 am

irblinx wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Even though we are owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world there's no guarantee that every manager of ours would get unlimited budget to buy players... I for one wouldn't be surprised at all if Mancini didn't have any money to spend in Jan

Absolute nonsense, you honestly think that they would bring in a new manager, especially one with Mancini's reputation and then not back him financially? He has said all along that he will assess what he's got before looking elsewhere. He decided quickly that we were light in MF so brought in cover but just because he didn't spend over the odds on transfer fee as was Hughes' style you think the Sheikh has said no more spending!

agreed. i expect him to snare a striker, a creative midfielder and someone at fullback who might presumably be able to play well on either side.

i'd expect someone else in by end of next week tbh.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 am

Nothing, because we haven't had 18 months of stalling under this manager, nor has he spent 200m on the market. I was never going to drag Hughes into this, but you started it.

Now, about the Bari lads someone was asking me about, they look good indeed, but some times average players shine due to their club's organisation on the pitch, so I'm not 100% sure they will become world class. I'd buy one, Ranocchia, and see what we can develop him into. Both of them might be too big of a gamble.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:42 am

irblinx wrote:

Going from the reports recently coming from local journo's that seems that they've been telling everyone the plan is not to spend much money in this window & spend again in summer, same as it would have been with Hughes but whether that will now change we'll have to see.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 am

I think like they work in Italy Mancini ain't gonna buy anybody unfortunately our owners are choosing who we go for. I reckon he has a final say but has no real control and is happy with that as that's how he is used to working in Italy.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby david yearsley » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Ade played a tribute match after the funeral on Thurs and was laughing and joking after he scored - a possible shock return anyone? Didn´t seem too peturbed - maybe playing a game like this is just what he needs - he must have been itching to go in the ACON - can´t see it but Jeez we could do with him - as to incomings I would certainly expect 2 or 3 more although not of the "marquee" variety
Last edited by david yearsley on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 am

Seriously now, Our Defence has been poor for a long time, he has to make a signing or two surely?.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby simon12 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:18 am

Vhero wrote:I think like they work in Italy Mancini ain't gonna buy anybody unfortunately our owners are choosing who we go for. I reckon he has a final say but has no real control and is happy with that as that's how he is used to working in Italy.

I think that also. Everybody we`re linked with now is who we were linked with under Les.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby simon12 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 am

Svensational wrote:So you guys think the owners are dishing out the orders on who to sign? When they probably dont really know THAT much about football?

Hmmm...

I was more leaning towards Marwood
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:32 am

Svensational wrote:
simon12 wrote:
Svensational wrote:So you guys think the owners are dishing out the orders on who to sign? When they probably dont really know THAT much about football?

Hmmm...

I was more leaning towards Marwood

Yes ok, Brian Marwoods knowledge of football is obviously alot better than the owners, but I still cant honestly think that he would be calling the shots when it comes to signing players.

Whos signing do you think Vieira was?

No doubt. I think Marwood has been given the task of finding talent. Manc will have his own ideas and will probably say yes/no to Marwoods ideas. Manc will have already informed Marwood who he wants and will have been given assurances before he signed his contract.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum