Santa Cruz out for several months?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Santa Cruz out for several months?

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Vhero wrote:Always said he was a bad signing thanks to his injury record when we signed him and got fucking slated for it on here people saying I know fuck all about football etc.. I hate to say this but I love the fact I was right on this. Still hate the fact he's sapping up resources from our precious club though. Was never really needed to begin with we could have done better. Blackburn must be fucking kicking themselves now with joy.

You said the same about Bellamy.

Oh and some supporter you are "loving" the fact one of our players is injured.

You should be ashamed of yourself
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 pm

He is only a bad signing because of his injuries. On ability he was a great signing.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Isn't this what insurance is for?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:24 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:He is only a bad signing because of his injuries. On ability he was a great signing.
I agree, but injuries are always going to play a major part in his career.

If we could get 25 games a season out of him then maybe he would prove to be a decent signing, but I think we all know that isn't likely to happen.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

I have been one of the patient ones - thinking that CITY are just making sure that is injury is fully sorted and he is not rushed back - just to make sure that he covers for Ade - and when I saw him against Sunderland - I thought - wow / great

But after 4 mins yesterday - I was really fucking pissed off

Does anyone actually know what it was - I am hoping that it is minor and that the issue is that the injury site just does not have the information so we are all looking on the gloomy side
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:34 pm

King Kev wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:He is only a bad signing because of his injuries. On ability he was a great signing.
I agree, but injuries are always going to play a major part in his career.

If we could get 25 games a season out of him then maybe he would prove to be a decent signing, but I think we all know that isn't likely to happen.

Christ, 10 games would be a start. Can honestly see him getting a new niggle every time he comes back.

Would be a good player but he's the same as Boj and just made out of glass.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 pm

"I really need this lad. He's been great in the past for me"
"Ok Mark but we are a bit concerned about well you know..."
"The lad's got great ability, I mean a sweet right foot"
"Oh agreed Mark we love his right foot, its a great right foot, that's what we thought when we saw him ‘A lovely right foot'. We have nothing against his right foot The trouble is — neither has he. He falls down on the left."
"You noticed that?"
"We noticed that Mark When you have been in the medical profession as long as I have you come to notice these things almost instinctively. Now, Mark, you wish to buy a one legged striker — a role which, traditionally, involves the use of two legs?"
"Correct"
"A unidexter leading the line for a top 4..."
"Top 6"
"If you say so. A top 6 finish. Now, need I point out to you where his deficiency lies as regards landing the striking role?"
"Yes, I think you ought to"
"Need I say with overmuch emphasis that it is in the leg division that he is deficient."
"The leg division?"
"Yes, the leg division,Mark. He is deficient in it — to the tune of one."
"You mean it's inadequate?"
"Yes, it's inadequate, Mark. And, to my mind, the fans of Manchester City football Club are not ready for the sight of a one-legged striker"
"Are you sure? The lad's keen as mustard. Maybe we could just sort of 'overlook' the er leg issue"
"Overlook?"
"As in just sort of slip the medical through. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man and all that"
"He's blind as well?"
"Only in one eye. Its his right eye. Sort of balances him out. Its a ying and yang thing"
"Hes Chinese?"
"Only in the missing leg. The rest is 100% Paraguyan"

With apologies to Peter Cook and to Rocky
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

"I really need this lad. He's been great in the past for me"
"Ok Mark but we are a bit concerned about well you know..."
"The lad's got great ability, I mean a sweet right foot"
"Oh agreed Mark we love his right foot, its a great right foot, that's what we thought when we saw him ‘A lovely right foot'. We have nothing against his right foot The trouble is — neither has he. He falls down on the left."
"You noticed that?"
"We noticed that Mark When you have been in the medical profession as long as I have you come to notice these things almost instinctively. Now, Mark, you wish to buy a one legged striker — a role which, traditionally, involves the use of two legs?"
"Correct"
"A unidexter leading the line for a top 4..."
"Top 6"
"If you say so. A top 6 finish. Now, need I point out to you where his deficiency lies as regards landing the striking role?"
"Yes, I think you ought to"
"Need I say with overmuch emphasis that it is in the leg division that he is deficient."
"The leg division?"
"Yes, the leg division,Mark. He is deficient in it — to the tune of one."
"You mean it's inadequate?"
"Yes, it's inadequate, Mark. And, to my mind, the fans of Manchester City football Club are not ready for the sight of a one-legged striker"
"Are you sure? The lad's keen as mustard. Maybe we could just sort of 'overlook' the er leg issue"
"Overlook?"
"As in just sort of slip the medical through. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man and all that"
"He's blind as well?"
"Only in one eye. Its his right eye. Sort of balances him out. Its a ying and yang thing"
"Hes Chinese?"
"Only in the missing leg. The rest is 100% Paraguyan"

With apologies to Peter Cook and to Rocky

funniest thing in ages!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 am

Vhero wrote:Always said he was a bad signing thanks to his injury record when we signed him and got fucking slated for it on here people saying I know fuck all about football etc.. I hate to say this but I love the fact I was right on this. Still hate the fact he's sapping up resources from our precious club though. Was never really needed to begin with we could have done better. Blackburn must be fucking kicking themselves now with joy.

That is pure gold. Pure, pure undiluted gold.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 am

Our old friend the Paraguay team doctor says in today's ABC Paraguay that it is:

'a fibroid rupture in the calf of the right leg'

He says we are looking at 15-20 days rest, but we will know for certain today (Monday).

At least it gives his tendonitis a rest!

http://www.abc.com.py/abc/nota/67341-Ro ... as-afuera/
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 am

john@staustell wrote:Our old friend the Paraguay team doctor says in today's ABC Paraguay that it is:

He says we are looking at 15-20 days rest, but we will know for certain today (Monday).

Made me laugh.

I keep saying it but we should sign a striker, we can't trust, RSC, Ade, Bejani & now we may be headed for a problem with Robinho who's been crap so far when tried in that position anyway. That leaves just Bellamy, with his dodgy knees & Tevez. Why risk it?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Our old friend the Paraguay team doctor says in today's ABC Paraguay that it is:

Made me laugh.

I keep saying it but we should sign a striker, we can't trust, RSC, Ade, Bejani & now we may be headed for a problem with Robinho who's been crap so far when tried in that position anyway. That leaves just Bellamy, with his dodgy knees & Tevez. Why risk it?

And to think people laughed at us when we had "9 strikers" at the start of the season.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 am

Shame about RSC but we've been adjusting to life without him for the majority of the season so no point bleating about it now. His injury record was on the box when we purchased him so we can hardly been shocked to see he's constantly injured, or coming back from an injury and thus never quite fully match-fit.

With Adebayor back god knows when, and in god knows what sort of mental condition, and Benjani simply not up to scratch its time to find another striker via the Chequebook.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 am

Poss back Sunday according to this;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _the_blue_

We should still sign a striker anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

makes the thread a bit premature dont you think,
im sure hell be glad hes had a good slagging off again.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 pm

apparrantly out for a month, ssn.
your comments before do make it a worthwhile discussion.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Poss back Sunday according to this;

I think it would be madness if he came back at the weekend. This may all be part of a successful rehabilitation of his tendonitis, but the immediate problem is this calf 'rupture' thing. Surely it may be fine by Friday but as soon as you put it under pressure again it will go. It needs to be rested.

The only way we can conceive of using him at Scunny is if he is completely discounted from the second leg to give someone else a rest in preparation.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:

I think it would be madness if he came back at the weekend. This may all be part of a successful rehabilitation of his tendonitis, but the immediate problem is this calf 'rupture' thing. Surely it may be fine by Friday but as soon as you put it under pressure again it will go. It needs to be rested.

The only way we can conceive of using him at Scunny is if he is completely discounted from the second leg to give someone else a rest in preparation.

How does that article say he could be back at the weekend??? It says he's out for a month??????
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 pm

ant london wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

How does that article say he could be back at the weekend??? It says he's out for a month??????

Haha the article has changed mate. Ted was right to quote it and I read it and it said he could be back at Scunny. They've obviously had an update from the club to correct the MUEN!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Out for a month according to Sky:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 19,00.html

Fucking brilliant.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion