Monday's Robbie's off again B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's Robbie's off again B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am

Humiliated Robinho on his way out of Manchester City as Roberto Mancini gets tough
Robinho looks to be heading out of Manchester City after suffering the embarrassment of being substituted by manager Roberto Mancini 51 minutes after coming off the bench.
City's £32.5million signing was given the chance to impress as a ninth-minute replacement for the injured Roque Santa Cruz at Everton on Saturday, but the Brazilian was taken off on the hour after a negligible contribution to his side's 2-0 defeat.
Mancini did little to back his player, saying: 'Does he have a future here? All players try to work hard during the week in training and that is the most important thing. If he wants a future here, then, yes, that is what he has to do. Walk of shame: Robinho is substituted against Everton by Roberto Mancini
'I thought Robinho could have been a big player for us here, but sometimes a player is on form and sometimes he is off.
'I wanted to change the situation in the second half and if that means taking him off, then I will. I cannot worry about him, only about the result.' City are likely to sell their Brazilian misfit for a sizeable fee in the summer.

THE Premier League are unlikely to investigate David Moyes’ comments that Manchester City "broke rules" in their pursuit of Joleon Lescott after confirming they received no official complaint from Everton about the matter.
Everton played City yesterday for the first time since Lescott’s £22million move between the two clubs in August, although the England defender did not feature due to a knee injury.
Writing in Everton’s programme notes before his side’s 2-0 victory, Moyes accused the Eastlands outfit of breaking rules in their handling of the transfer, but did not specify how regulations had been breached. He said: "There is no doubt Manchester City treated us with little respect and broke rules in the summer transfer of Joleon Lescott.
"I found it very difficult to accept that a club with so many similarities to Everton should suddenly start acting with no class."
In the run-up to the transfer last summer, Moyes described City’s pursuit of the centre-back as "disgusting" and said "it has not been handled correctly from over there".
But a spokesman for the Premier League yesterday confirmed Everton had at no point made contact with them about City.
It is understood it would take a formal complaint from a club for them to look into the matter further.
After a lengthy transfer saga, City finally sealed the signing of Lescott on a five- year deal as part of a huge summer outlay on new players made possible by the wealth of the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owners.

Why Joe Cole should turn City down B*ll*x?
IF FOOTBALL is only about money to the game’s top players, then Joe Cole will be at Manchester City next season.
Chelsea’s England midfield star must soon make the ­biggest decision of his ­career.
Does he stay in London at Stamford Bridge on an SDHp extra £20,000 a week or join City’s billionaire dressing room?
At 28, it is a dilemma for Cole, who has just returned after nine months out with a serious injury. Cole currently earns around £70,000 a week at Chelsea and is said to want another £50,000 to sign a new contract. His current deal runs out in June and he will be a free agent in the summer.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer and his old West Ham boss Harry ­Redknapp would love to take him to Spurs.
None of them, however, can match City’s proposed £150,000-a-week deal, plus a stunning £5m signing on fee. It is a head-turning proposition for Cole. With all these numbers flying around, dare I suggest to him that money is not the biggest issue? What Cole needs more than anything is to play.
He needs to feel really wanted and prove that, ­following his injury, he is not destined to be just a ­bit-part player. Cole is a good, versatile forward who can adapt just as easily in midfield or as a wide operator. We saw glimpses of his form in Chelsea’s 7-2 destruction of Sunderland on Saturday.
But he is not a world-class player, someone right up there with the best. What he has to ask himself as City’s Abu Dhabi owners continue to splash out is would he simply get lost in a massive squad.
The sky is the limit for City and top players will be targeted from all over the world. Manager Roberto Mancini’s long-term future is not even guaranteed if City don’t ­finish in the top four.
Cole could disappear in that if he is not careful and, while City’s money is ­attractive, it should not be the biggest influence on him when a final ­decision is made. Does he need the money? Surely not.
It would be ­refreshing if someone put ambition ahead of the City billions. Gareth Barry said he wanted to get away from Aston Villa to play some Champions League football and ­instead went to Eastlands for the money.
Cole would be making a big mistake if his eyes ­simply glazed over with pound signs. It is a huge ­decision. An England ­player in World Cup year juggling his options. Going to Spurs would be a step down for him and United are unlikely to offer more than Chelsea. Indeed, would he be a regular first choice at Old Trafford?
It is a situation in football that City have created. ­Money or your career. This is the most important contract of Cole’s life. He will never be able to make such demands again. I hope Cole stays at the Bridge to prove in football money isn’t everything.
A new £100,000-a-week contract is not the end of the world, is it?

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool are on the verge of signing Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones on loan, with the 25-year-old Trinidad and Tobago star seen as perfect cover for the injured Fernando Torres. Daily Mail

Netherlands striker Ryan Babel will be swiftly shipped out of Liverpool after a row with manager Rafa Benitez sealed his fate and cost him a week's wages. Daily Mirror

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has though ruled out a straight swap between Babel and Jones. Bruce said: "The one thing I am trying to do is build the squad and build the squad to improve. The last thing I want to be doing is trade or anything like that." The Independent

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp could make a new and final move to sign goalkeeper David James - and save some money for Portsmouth, who are in huge debt and currently have a transfer embargo. Stoke ended their interest in James last week.Daily Mirror

Newcastle could be set to take on Peruvian striker Nolberto Solano for a third time after missing out on Jermaine Beckford, who has decided to stay with Leeds. Daily Mirror

Cash-strapped West Ham have slapped a staggering £15m price tag on England midfielder Scott Parker. Daily Mirror

Liverpool are battling with AC Milan over the services of striker Milan Jovanovic, 28, who is out of contract at Standard Liege at the end of the season.The Sun

Dundee United have rejected a £75,000 bid from Blackpool for Scotland's 21-year-old centre-half Garry Kenneth.
Daily Record

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... elle-marsh

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand could make a shock return against neighbours Manchester City in the Carling Cup semi-final on Tuesday. It would be the England star's first game in three months after struggling with a back problem.Daily Star

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has undergone successful keyhole surgery on his right knee. Talking from the Barcelona hospital, the surgeon said: "If there are no problems, Fernando will be OK in six weeks."The Sun

Manchester United supporters fighting the Glazer family's ownership of the club are contemplating asking manager Sir Alex Ferguson to make the ultimate sacrifice and resign in protest. The Guardian

West Brom will pay tribute to the victims of the Haiti earthquake tragedy by wearing special logos on their shirts in their Championship clash with Newcastle on Monday night. The Sun

Premier League referee Mark Halsey is looking to be back in action within four weeks as he continues his battle with throat cancer. The 48-year-old said: "I didn't realise how popular I was as a ref but I suppose when I come back I won't be so popular!"
Full story: The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's Robbie's off again B*ll*x

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 am

i think we need to sue Moyes for libel. Fuclin cunt. Lying cunt. I'm not a litigious person, but i think his comments and actions rank right up there with the best of the worst bullshit behavior that should go punished.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 am

DoomMerchant wrote:i think we need to sue Moyes for libel. Fuclin cunt. Lying cunt. I'm not a litigious person, but i think his comments and actions rank right up there with the best of the worst bullshit behavior that should go punished.

cheers

I agree. Harbouring such thoughts for so long reminds me of mcfc19336932796407 and can't be healthy for him. It will all be in his best interest.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby bobadji » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:10 am

Good Oldham WAG there.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby blue wine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 am

nice wag!!!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 am

Are people having a laugh saying that WAG is fine? Fook me, look at that first pic in the link. Her face is all over the place.

Is she hot? Does the Pope use condom?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

I kinda assumed they must be joking? Although now you have me thinking they might be serious?? WTF

Anyway, to the main topic of today's b*ll*x. If yesterday is going to be the best we will get from Robinho then I am totally indifferent as to whether he stays or goes. He's been terrible this season so far. We are a much better team when he's not in it and that is a ridiculous state of affairs when we have a player who is ridiculously talented
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 am

I'm with NQDP on that pic, she looks quite tidy inthe others thou. I reckon that first one was her first, not very flattering tbh.

Likewise Ant, I'm still praying he'll come good again

Meanwhile revenge in in the air...

Manchester City star Carlos Tevez has warned his former club that he is out for "revenge" in tomorrow's Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United . Argentinian star Tevez says that City are still smarting from a last gasp-defeat to United at Old Trafford in September. "What happened at Old Trafford earlier this season is still in our heads and this is the moment for revenge," said Tevez. Manchester City have not won a trophy since 1976 and will feel that the current squad, especially under new manager Roberto Mancini has an excellent chance of bringing some silverware to Eastlands.
"In a semi-final over two matches and in a derby, anything is possible. But I think the key will be the return game at Old Trafford and we must ensure we get a good result at home."I want to play in this match for many reasons. It's a semi final, a derby and there's a bitter rivalry between the two clubs."I believe this is a good moment for us to play a local rival like United, who never normally give anything to their opponents."Slowly we have improved our level, the squad is confident, morale is high and if we get a victory over United it will be sensational," said Tevez.
Tevez has scored an impressive 15 goals for Manchester City since moving to Eastlands from Manchester United over the summer. However, he was at pains to emphasize that he still has respect for the club and the fans at Old Trafford.
He said, "I still respect the United fans and I hope they know that.
"I still have many friends in the United squad. That's never changed just because I now play for the other club in the city."

VINCENT Kompany has called on City fans to turn Eastlands into a "Blue hell" in Tuesday night's derby.
The big City defender has vowed the team will bounce back from Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Everton - but wants a sell-out Blues crowd to play their part in lifting them to victory.
Kompany says the Goodison Park defeat has not damaged morale going into the Carling Cup semi-final first leg, and that the players are buzzing.
"We are definitely as excited as the fans, but one thing they can do for us is make the place a Blue hell tomorrow - if they do that, we will take care of the rest," said Kompany.
"The Everton fans were great on Saturday, and pushed their team forward, so if our fans can do the same against United - which I am sure they will - we will be a stronger team.
"We will be super-motivated for this game, and it has all the ingredients for us to have a very good first leg."
City fans should not under-estimate how important vocal support is, stressed Kompany, one of few players to emerge from a poor display at Goodison Park with any credit.
City crowd
"I remember last season against Hamburg when everything looked to be lost," he said. "We conceded a goal, and all of a sudden we had the 12th man with us, who lifted us and helped us to score three goals.
"If that's what we get tomorrow night, we will have an extra man on the pitch, and then it's down to the players to do the job."
The Blues have already shown they have the ability to bounce back this season. After losing at United in the league in September, the Blues went 13 games unbeaten. And when that run was brought to an end by Spurs, the response was five straight wins.
"When you lose a game the first thing you want to do is get back out on the pitch and do it better," said Kompany.
"One thing I can guarantee is that the players are hungry and ready, and we just want to go out and play well.
"It wouldn't have made a difference who we play in our next game. That's how highly I rate our team's professionalism - no matter who we play in the next game we aim to bounce back."
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Are people having a laugh saying that WAG is fine? Fook me, look at that first pic in the link. Her face is all over the place.

Is she hot? Does the Pope use condom?

I'd tap that but I wouldn't exactly call her fine either. He face reminds me of Courtney Love...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:39 am

I think that defeat on Saturday has helped us considerably for the derby as weird as it seems...Mancini has more of an idea what works and what doesn't...plus the players will be even more motivated to bounce back...and what better tonic than against the rags
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think that defeat on Saturday has helped us considerably for the derby as weird as it seems...Mancini has more of an idea what works and what doesn't...plus the players will be even more motivated to bounce back...and what better tonic than against the rags

Indeed IBH

The Blues have already shown they have the ability to bounce back this season. After losing at U***d in the league in September, the Blues went 13 games unbeaten. And when that run was brought to an end by Spurs, the response was five straight wins.

Indeed MuEN
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am

The main thing I hated about losing on Saturday was being beaten in our best kit....fucking cunts

I want us to marmalize the scum tomorrow in response
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 am

Travel Advice B*ll*x
Manchester City Football Club would like to communicate the following information to United fans attending the Carling Cup semi-final first leg on Tuesday 19 January:

* Visiting fans should be aware there is no street parking around the City of Manchester Stadium. There is a residents' parking scheme in place, which is strictly enforced, covering a wide area. Anyone parking in these streets will be clamped and/or fined. Beware of seemingly friendly 11-14 years olds offering to look after your car

* Supporters are advised to use the MCFC accredited car parks around the stadium, where there is matchday parking available on a first-come first-served basis.

* Alternatively, supporters are advised to use public transport wherever possible. The City of Manchester Stadium is around 20 minutes’ walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station, or there are frequent shuttle buses operating to and from the stadium., please refer to the 'Highlights of Manchester' booklet issued with your stadium accesscard.

* For the majority of you, we have been advised that there are now minimal delays into Manchester Piccadilly. For the latest updates we recomend that you click your 'favorites' button then select your saved link Train times London/Manchester or again refer to your 'Highlights of Manchester' booklet issued with your stadium accesscard, paying special attention to the departing times which will nessetate the need for you to leave the match around 20 minutes before the end.

* Thank you for your co-operation. We look forward to welcoming you and your supporters to the City of Manchester [strike]Stadium[/strike].

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... id=6645128
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 am

Chinners wrote:"I remember last season against Hamburg when everything looked to be lost," he said. "We conceded a goal, and all of a sudden we had the 12th man with us, who lifted us and helped us to score three goals."

Wait... what? When did we score 3 goals in that game? :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Chinners wrote:"I remember last season against Hamburg when everything looked to be lost," he said. "We conceded a goal, and all of a sudden we had the 12th man with us, who lifted us and helped us to score three goals."

Wait... what? When did we score 3 goals in that game? :)

Maybe Dunnie got one....for them!

Ah silly me, no he just got sent off again didn't he. Nothing to see here
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 am

Anyone who says they would'nt tap the WAG given half the chance is fucking mental.

I'd suck a wet kipper out of her fluff if she asked.

Oh yeah and i still think well beat the rags and the atmosphere will be summat else,Chelsea,Arsenal,Hamburglers at home stylee.

LQ

HD...
http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebr ... rsh-19.JPG
http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures ... rsh-51.JPG
http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Michel ... arsh_1.jpg
http://www.canim.net/model-manken/image ... -24027.jpg

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am

Chinners wrote:
Manchester U***d supporters fighting the Glazer family's ownership of the club are contemplating asking manager Sir Alex Ferguson to make the ultimate sacrifice and resign in protest. The Guardian

I've just been reading the full article for this.

Absolutely barking mad, delusional fuckwits! hahahaha

"This is not intended as an Alex Ferguson rant," Flacks said yesterday. "But he claims to be a socialist, a former shop steward and a man of the people, so he must be horrified by what is going on. It would work only if thousands of people sent a copy of this letter to Ferguson letting him know that our fear, if the Glazers stay in control, is that his legacy is going to be destroyed. We wouldn't want that and I don't think he would either."
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Anyone who says they would'nt tap the WAG given half the chance is fucking mental.

I'd suck a wet kipper out of her fluff if she asked.

Oh yeah and i still think well beat the rags and the atmosphere will be summat else,Chelsea,Arsenal,Hamburglers at home stylee.

LQ

HD...
http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebr ... rsh-19.JPG
http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures ... rsh-51.JPG
http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Michel ... arsh_1.jpg
http://www.canim.net/model-manken/image ... -24027.jpg

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Totally agree about the WAG and that pic is tasty!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby shawzy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Wanted Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola weighing up SIX job offers - including Manchester United and Manchester City

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby david yearsley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 pm

It is a situation in football that City have created. ­Money or your career. This is the most important contract of Cole’s life. He will never be able or your career to make such demands again. I hope Cole stays at the Bridge to prove in football money isn’t everything.
A new £100,000-a-week contract is not the end of the world, is it?

This sort of shit sticks right in my fuclin throat - someone ´ave the cnut !!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum