SSN Transfer Window Countdown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

SSN Transfer Window Countdown

Postby Curlie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm

I think even the presenters are fed up with the tension building transfer window countdown on SSN.

They desperately need City to pull something big out of the bag :)
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Re: SSN Transfer Window Countdown

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Swanson could get hit by a lorry on the way to the studio. Would beat any big money signing this window for me.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 pm

it would be better if the lorry were to hit him whilst he was in the studio, thus capturing the moment for posterity.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm

If City dont buy anybody else then it will be very boring for them!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Very surprised about how quiet this window has been.Its the 18th now and its been a complete bore.I did not expect city to go wild but i would have expected Mancini to have had 1 or 2 in by now along with Vieira.I think i will be dissapointed if city dont sign a couple of quality players before it closes.Its a real chance to improve the side to push for the top 4 place.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Very surprised about how quiet this window has been.Its the 18th now and its been a complete bore.I did not expect city to go wild but i would have expected Mancini to have had 1 or 2 in by now along with Vieira.I think i will be dissapointed if city dont sign a couple of quality players before it closes.Its a real chance to improve the side to push for the top 4 place.

the timing is poor...sounds like most targets we're interested in don't want to get unsettled before the WC and move to a team where their playing time is likely to be less certain with the eyes of their national team upon them.

it's as simple as that i think. Typical Jan is slower, plus WC year == window is fucked for buyers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:39 pm

We should just put a bid in for Torres and get it over with
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 pm

The most laughable thing today on SSN is the way they are now showing who the "top three" have in their upcoming fixtures.

What happened the top FOUR???! Its no longer top four, because Liverpool aren't there. You think they'd be more subtle about it. I know we're 5th, but I'd be even more pissed off if they completely ignored us as they have done spurs today.

Fucking jokers.
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:The most laughable thing today on SSN is the way they are now showing who the "top three" have in their upcoming fixtures.

What happened the top FOUR???! Its no longer top four, because Liverpool aren't there. You think they'd be more subtle about it. I know we're 5th, but I'd be even more pissed off if they completely ignored us as they have done spurs today.

Fucking jokers.

Yeah i noticed that also Ronan.Ithink they have decided its a three way contest now and its the death of a top four as we have come to know it lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:11 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The most laughable thing today on SSN is the way they are now showing who the "top three" have in their upcoming fixtures.

Fucking jokers.

Yeah i noticed that also Ronan.Ithink they have decided its a three way contest now and its the death of a top four as we have come to know it lol.

nice sig Gillie old man. Did you do that one?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Very surprised about how quiet this window has been.Its the 18th now and its been a complete bore.I did not expect city to go wild but i would have expected Mancini to have had 1 or 2 in by now along with Vieira.I think i will be dissapointed if city dont sign a couple of quality players before it closes.Its a real chance to improve the side to push for the top 4 place.

I'm not, no club has any money and with United , Portsmouth and Liverpool going belly up well, we do have a little financial crisis
in the PL.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

gillie wrote:

Fucking jokers.

Yeah mate it stinks, but its not suprising.

It'll make it all the better when it eventually becomes the top ONE and no other cunt can get near us.

Bastards.
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
gillie wrote:

Fucking jokers.

nice sig Gillie old man. Did you do that one?

cheers

Yes i did Doomy mate i do all my own work i dont rip anyone else's work unlike a few others on here who i wont mention.But they know who they are lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby smurfsdabomb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Fucking jokers.

Wouldn't read too much into that, the top 3 are the ones with a realistic shout of winning the title thats probably what they were analysing. Spurs, city, AV and Liverpool are competing for 4th.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby gillie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:

Fucking jokers.

Wouldn't read too much into that, the top 3 are the ones with a realistic shout of winning the title thats probably what they were analysing. Spurs, city, AV and Liverpool are competing for 4th.

But OD'S point is now Scouse are basically out of the running Sky have decided its now A TOP 3 and not a top 4.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Curlie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Quick!
SSN have added seconds to the countdown.
Please don't go there though if you have a weak ticker.
Don't think I'll sleep tonight.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Nige

Return to The Maine Football forum