Training Monday 18/1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Monday 18/9

Postby King Kev » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Top stuff as ever Doug!

It amazes me that you can remember what happened back on September 18th so clearly! ;o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Cheers Doug another top report there.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

King Kev wrote:Top stuff as ever Doug!

It amazes me that you can remember what happened back on September 18th so clearly! ;o)

... Cheers DH
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 pm

As always, cheers Doug. But I wonder who the +2 are; and the rest?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm

How the hell does it start as 18/1 and then switch to 18/9?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 18/1

Postby MHiggi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

How the hell does it start as 18/1 and then switch to 18/9?

KK pointed it out so I changed it while you were out, then forgot to tell you.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Training Monday 18/1

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:13 am

Are you sure you're younger than me Doug?...Even I know what fuclin day it is....:-)

Thanks Mate...Good read that.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 am

sweenyuk wrote:
Nick wrote:Doug, im interested in how much emphasis Bob has been putting on attacking and quick/ one touch passing vs. Hughes. It does sound like it is defence, defence, defence at the moment, and i dont want our attacking play to suffer like it did on saturday.

This question always puzzles me as one touch play weakens players such as Sweep and Petrov whose strengths are running past defenders, but yes I have seen some great 1 touch play that has got us through the middle of the field... Which style suits us best?

Sure there strength is running past defenders, but both their main weakness is running when they should be passing, and/or running into defenders and giving the ball away. In a top team you cant afford to just give it away like that, so the value of players who may do sensational things, yet give the ball away 75% of the time will be questioned at top 4 level. If he can teach them when to do one and when to do the other it will be to our eternal benefit.

And as for this:

"Before they got into anything they all gathered around to listen to the boss. Couldnt hear a word!"

How about: "If you lot play like that again I'll have your guts for garters, now pull your fingers out and stuff the Scum!"?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

john@staustell wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:
Nick wrote:Doug, im interested in how much emphasis Bob has been putting on attacking and quick/ one touch passing vs. Hughes. It does sound like it is defence, defence, defence at the moment, and i dont want our attacking play to suffer like it did on saturday.

This question always puzzles me as one touch play weakens players such as Sweep and Petrov whose strengths are running past defenders, but yes I have seen some great 1 touch play that has got us through the middle of the field... Which style suits us best?

Sure there strength is running past defenders, but both their main weakness is running when they should be passing, and/or running into defenders and giving the ball away. In a top team you cant afford to just give it away like that, so the value of players who may do sensational things, yet give the ball away 75% of the time will be questioned at top 4 level. If he can teach them when to do one and when to do the other it will be to our eternal benefit.

And as for this:

"Before they got into anything they all gathered around to listen to the boss. Couldnt hear a word!"

How about: "If you lot play like that again I'll have your guts for garters, now pull your fingers out and stuff the Scum!"?

You could well be right John. I spose I could have made something up.Maybe when I get closer I will have real quotes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum