new slant on everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

new slant on everton

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 pm

i was wondering if mancini told his players sat not to get stuck in quite so much because of the big game tomoz? i mean a semi final of the cup is most important at this stage of the season, were still in the chasing pack for a chumps league place.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: new slant on everton

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 pm

dick dastardley wrote:i was wondering if mancini told his players sat not to get stuck in quite so much because of the big game tomoz? i mean a semi final of the cup is most important at this stage of the season, were still in the chasing pack for a chumps league place.

I think you're talking chinnerseque bollox dicky
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:57 pm

I don't think it was told tothem by the management, however I believe at least some of the players might have had that mindset.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:05 pm

dick dastardley wrote:i was wondering if mancini told his players sat not to get stuck in quite so much because of the big game tomoz? i mean a semi final of the cup is most important at this stage of the season, were still in the chasing pack for a chumps league place.

No way. We played like total shit and lost. End of.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 pm

You could have a point there mate. I don't actually remember 1 crunching challenge, even from Nigel! However, if they were saving themselves from injuries, why did we get so many walking wounded?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You could have a point there mate. I don't actually remember 1 crunching challenge, even from Nigel! However, if they were saving themselves from injuries, why did we get so many walking wounded?

You're always more likely to get injured jerking out of a challenge than going in 100% and players know this. We're a team who need to win every game we play from now to the end of the season. There's no way they purposely went out to take it easy.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You could have a point there mate. I don't actually remember 1 crunching challenge, even from Nigel! However, if they were saving themselves from injuries, why did we get so many walking wounded?

Maybe it's a ploy to lull scum into a false sense of security
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

You're always more likely to get injured jerking out of a challenge than going in 100% and players know this. We're a team who need to win every game we play from now to the end of the season. There's no way they purposely went out to take it easy.

I'm sure every team need to win every game, but they don't. As for purposely, I'm sure that is right, but from what I saw, it may not exactly be true.

london blue 2 wrote:

Maybe it's a ploy to lull scum into a false sense of security

God I hope so ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum