In your view, would this be a good idea?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: In your view, would this be a good idea?

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 pm

if it happens Walmai, you could do a hell of a lot worse than hughes. We have seen some fantabulous football under him, he has his weak points but doesnt EVERYONE.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 am

Sold to Gold.
So is Zola safe?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:08 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:Sold to Gold.
So is Zola safe?

Just heard on Talkshite that their guy has heard from an impeccable source that Hughes is inbound and Zola is for the heave-ho
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:19 am

I hope they keep Zola. I genuinely believe he can keep WHU up and if he has some cash to spend, with time he could bring them to Europe again, not this season but maybe the next one already you could be pushing for a Europa League spot.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 am

CONFIRMED on SSN that Gold and Sullivan have bought the hammers.
Wonderwall

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 am

walmai wrote:Your comments are appreciated, concerning club and site.

If you've got ten minutes spare, have a butcher's at the debate on our site:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=120

I swear this isn't me in disguise!

Fellow posters, allow me the unusual step of c/p-ing my own post on here stating why I don't want Mark Hughes as my club's manager. I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel so passionately anti-Mark Hughes

I don't like him.

I don't like his managerial style. I don't like the football his teams play. I don't like his arrogance. I don't like the signings he makes. I don't like the way he wasted an enormous transfer fund at Man City. I don't like the way Blackburn played football. I don't like the reputation he has for pissing off young skillful players. I don't like the way he pisses off older players. I don't like his lack of ability to coach players he has on his books. I don't like his thick as a plank press conferences. I don't like the fact that Barca fans still think of him as "the rugby player" and think of him of him as one of the worst signings their club ever made. I don't like the fact that he's the old guard, an unimaginative coach. I don't like the fact that he doesn't give a flying **** for my club and is just a journeyman trainer.

You can't polish a turd and, believe me, Mark Hughes is a total TURD

Congrats on your takeover by the way. I'm relieved to see that you are financially safe again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Fellow posters, allow me the unusual step of c/p-ing my own post on here stating why I don't want Mark Hughes as my club's manager. I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel so passionately anti-Mark Hughes

I don't like him.

I don't like his managerial style. I don't like the football his teams play. I don't like his arrogance. I don't like the signings he makes. I don't like the way he wasted an enormous transfer fund at Man City. I don't like the way Blackburn played football. I don't like the reputation he has for pissing off young skillful players. I don't like the way he pisses off older players. I don't like his lack of ability to coach players he has on his books. I don't like his thick as a plank press conferences. I don't like the fact that Barca fans still think of him as "the rugby player" and think of him of him as one of the worst signings their club ever made. I don't like the fact that he's the old guard, an unimaginative coach. I don't like the fact that he doesn't give a flying **** for my club and is just a journeyman trainer.

Congrats on your takeover by the way. I'm relieved to see that you are financially safe again.

you surpass yourself once again Antti, you used to be on a pedestal as a fantastic and knowledgeable poster with a good and broad perspective on all things about the beautiful game. The hughes era has seriously screwed you over to the fact that you even believe the crap you write. I hope you get it out of your system and get back to the old NQDP in the near future, cause this one sucks.
Wonderwall

Postby irblinx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am

According to SSN Gold & Sullivan have completed their take over so maybe Zola will get a bit longer to sort it out

Wonderwall wrote:if it happens Walmai, you could do a hell of a lot worse than hughes. We have seen some fantabulous football under him, he has his weak points but doesnt EVERYONE.

But he spent over £200m to get that football and even then he couldn't get the balance, I fully expect him to revert to type in his next job and become "hard to beat"
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I don't like him.

you surpass yourself once again Antti, you used to be on a pedestal as a fantastic and knowledgeable poster with a good and broad perspective on all things about the beautiful game. The hughes era has seriously screwed you over to the fact that you even believe the crap you write. I hope you get it out of your system and get back to the old NQDP in the near future, cause this one sucks.

Uuuurrrrgggghhh I had [quote /] at wrong place. I was making fun of myself. Read it again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 am

Sullivan on R5L sayong Zola to stay if he wants.
priority to stay up, top 4 in 7 yrs, some money available now

Alex Sapphire

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:58 am

Still don't understand what you were trying to illustrate there Antti
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 am

that he's found a soulmate?

Alex Sapphire

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 am

good news for you walmai hope you stay up.
in the long run how far can the new owners take you,
i believe they have bought 50 percent of the club which means they
wont have overall control, other people still have a say.
i would keep zola and clarke.
gatting back to gold and sullivan they recently sold brum
because they felt they had took them as far as possible.
that was getting them back in the prem
ps wouldnt have hughes, if he couldnt do it with a quarter of a billion
when will he .
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am

ant london wrote:Still don't understand what you were trying to illustrate there Antti

He was saying pretty much the same thing as I was saying before we appointed Hughes. I thought it was quite clear.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 am

ant london wrote:Still don't understand what you were trying to illustrate there Antti

He was saying pretty much the same thing as I was saying before we appointed Hughes. I thought it was quite clear.

I was hoping that wasn't why you had copied and pasted it.....you need help mate.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Lett ... rward.html

"Let's face it. Many of us choose to hang on to things that at some point have hurt us, angered us, made us feel sad, or depressed us. If we choose to hang on to them, we will never move forward and we could even create physical or medical damage to our bodies. To prevent this from happening we need to let go but no one really tells you how to let go and move forward. Sure it's easy to say: "Just let go, move forward, forget about it, just let go." But that really doesn’t work. I’m about to show you how to let go and start moving forward."
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:38 am

ant london wrote:

I was hoping that wasn't why you had copied and pasted it.....you need help mate.

"Let's face it. Many of us choose to hang on to things that at some point have hurt us, angered us, made us feel sad, or depressed us. If we choose to hang on to them, we will never move forward and we could even create physical or medical damage to our bodies. To prevent this from happening we need to let go but no one really tells you how to let go and move forward. Sure it's easy to say: "Just let go, move forward, forget about it, just let go." But that really doesn’t work. I’m about to show you how to let go and start moving forward."

I'm baffled to say the least. It was a bloody joke.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 am

ant london wrote:

I'm baffled to say the least. It was a bloody joke.

jesus...what do you think that was you self help numpty ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Nice entrance from the new owner. lol
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 pm

if you replace Zola with Hughes then you deserve to go down.

You lot play the best football in the league behind Arsenal. I admire Zola for sticking to his guns and playing the way he likes and everyone likes and never panicking. You are down at the bottom because your team is made up of young inexperienced lads and cheap/loan experienced lads, not because of Zola.

Stick with him and you will do well.

Bring Hughes in and you will replace short term results and shit football.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:if you replace Zola with Hughes then you deserve to go down.

How nice and complete bollox

the_georgian_genius wrote:You lot play the best football in the league behind Arsenal.

How nice and complete bollox, they play nice football but spurs, villa, chelsea, rags and us are all ahead at the the moment.

the_georgian_genius wrote:Bring Hughes in and you will replace short term results and shit football.

[/quote]
How nice and complete bollox again. Did you watch our attacking football under hugehs? obviously NOT.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum