Micah wants redemption and Wembley!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah wants redemption and Wembley!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Micah Richards is hoping redemption and Wembley will come in a neatly bundled package.

The Blues’ defender is desperate to get the better of United in the Carling Cup semi final in order to write a line in history and eradicate a bad memory.

Richards is well aware that City have not been to the final of a major domestic trophy for almost three decades and he knows too that some still hold him responsible for the Blues not hanging on to a point in the classic 4-3 league contest earlier this season at Old Trafford.

“It doesn’t get any bigger than United in the cup,” declared the defender. “I have played in quite a few derby matches now but you never quite get used to the atmosphere and the intensity and Tuesday’s game will probably go up another notch in that respect.

“There has been a lot of talk about who might be in the United side but like Arsenal their fringe players are really quite experienced and are not second stringers in that sense of the word.

"Whatever eleven they put out we know
they will desperately want to beat us
and I can assure all our fans that we
will be feeling exactly the same. It is
certainly extra special to win a derby"

“This club has not won a knockout trophy for a long time – as people keep tending to remind us – it is time we put that right. I want to be part of team that creates a bit of history and so do all the other lads here.

“When all said and done you can have your nice cars and your big house and all the trappings but what you will be remembered for as a football once you are retired is what you have won and how many games you have played in the top flight.”

Richards believes the CoMs atmosphere will play a big part in the outcome.

"Our fans can make a big difference just
like they did when we did the double
over United when Sven-Goran Eriksson
was in charge"

“At Old Trafford that year they were simply amazing and never stopped from start to finish. They can make a difference, no doubt, and there will be three times as many of them packed into Old Trafford for the second leg as is the norm for a Premier League contest.”

And that last minute goal at Old Trafford?

“I switched off for a few seconds and the ball was in the back of our net,” he admitted.

“I got a lot of grief for that from all kinds of people but mistakes happen in football and I hold up my hands. This time I want to be on people’s lips for the right reasons.”

from mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Micah wants redemption and Wembley!

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Come on Micah lad let's do em
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Reading that just made me shout out ... COME OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Me too I've been gettin more and more excited all day. I'm gonna be a wreck by kick off. Can't wait
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:17 am

Good on him for putting up his hand there. Takes a lot of guts to do that. Respect.

Come on Micah lad. Bang one in for us and go nuts.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:23 am

Feed The Goat wrote:Me too I've been gettin more and more excited all day. I'm gonna be a wreck by kick off. Can't wait

I know what you mean mate ive been the same aswell, just can't wait till kick off COME ON CITY!!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum