FLAMINI TO CITY - SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FLAMINI TO CITY - SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS!!

Postby JB » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 am

ant london wrote:Interesting wording from the tricky Milanese cunts

There is DEFINITELY something in this story, mark my words

AC Milan have stressed that, for the time being, there has been no official offer from Manchester City for Mathieu Flamini.

It was understood earlier on Tuesday that the midfielder was poised to move to Eastlands on loan until the end of the season.

However, Milan have now responded by saying that there has been no formal approach as yet for the former Arsenal player.

"We have heard rumours regarding possible interest from Manchester City for Flamini," said Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida.
"But for the time being, there has been no official offer, interest or talks between AC Milan and Manchester City.

"Flamini is an AC Milan player."

The 25-year-old Frenchman is under contract at Milan until June 2012 but speculation about his future has increased in recent weeks as he has fallen down the pecking order under Leonardo.

He will hope to play more regularly during the second half of the campaign to boost his chances of going to the World Cup.
Whether City manager Roberto Mancini steps up his interest remains to be seen but Flamini is a proven performer in the Premier League after becoming a key figure during his time with Arsenal.

The key words are 'formal' and 'official'. It looks like we've made an 'informal' or 'unofficial' enquiry through third parties, reading between the lines. Could be wrong, hope I'm not.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 am

Why are Milan so cloak and fucking dagger? then again, why is Berlusconi prime minister, again. One day we'll have something they want, so why dont they just do business properly instead of being such cunts
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby AlpsMaster » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 pm

I know Mancini et al obviously had their attention on the game yesterday but hope they get on and snap Flamini up if there is any chance of bringing him here.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CitizenYank » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 am

Until he comes by Eastlands for a physical, I'll keep my hands behind my back!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 am

I get the feeling I have been fooled.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 am

I'm an AC Milan fan too and what I could say is that Mathieu will stay til the end of this season in Milan. No matter if he can't play regularly now. Rossoneri haven't so much midfilders to try to win anything! Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo and Seedorf are all over 30,
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:29 am

According to the MEN this morning this deal is on...apparently we are trying to sign him BEFORE next weeks second leg derby

Ansaldi is back on according to them too!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:33 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:According to the MEN this morning this deal is on...apparently we are trying to sign him BEFORE next weeks second leg derby

Not sure about the eligibility rules for this match mate. I fancy players need to be registered before the match was originally scheduled, if not the first match.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 am

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 20,00.html

Some weird quotes from Mancini today saying that he hopes Madrid give him Gago and Milan give him Flamini.... Gago? Wtf?

Mancini told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I need players. I hope that Vieira is fit for the return.

"Perhaps Real Madrid will give me Gago, maybe Milan (give me) Flamini..."
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:41 am

Just hearing him say "I need players" is a good sign as I feared he was determined he could prove that he could do well with what he inherited.

Now if he doesn't get them then we really need to worry that the oil wells are runnng dry!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 am

john@staustell wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:According to the MEN this morning this deal is on...apparently we are trying to sign him BEFORE next weeks second leg derby

Not sure about the eligibility rules for this match mate. I fancy players need to be registered before the match was originally scheduled, if not the first match.

Good point that John...I wonder if it would be ok to play him should he sign
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 am

AlpsMaster wrote:Just hearing him say "I need players" is a good sign as I feared he was determined he could prove that he could do well with what he inherited.

Now if he doesn't get them then we really need to worry that the oil wells are runnng dry!

You missed a wink pal.

I think this is the best idea from Mancini,get some numbers in and see how they do.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 am

AlpsMaster wrote:Just hearing him say "I need players" is a good sign as I feared he was determined he could prove that he could do well with what he inherited.

Just my opinion & could be totally wrong but I recon when he says he needs players, it's not as replacements but could be about Mancini wanting to rotate the midfield in the same way people do with strikers in order to maintain the energy levels, so we close down quicker for longer during each game. De Jong & Barry are struggling to do that every game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 am

De Jong and Barry, particularly Barry, look knackered at about 70 mins most games now which indicates they could do with a rest - gaga is a good player and I think mancio is only talking about getting both in as loan deals (although I think we should try and sign flamini permanently)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 am

Wooders wrote:De Jong and Barry, particularly Barry, look knackered at about 70 mins most games now which indicates they could do with a rest - gaga is a good player and I think mancio is only talking about getting both in as loan deals (although I think we should try and sign flamini permanently)

Barry sometimes looks knackered from the kick off imo & I'm sure the injury he's carrying is affecting him. When he's had a bit of a rest he's looked like the player he was at the start of the season but then starts to lose effeciveness during the game as either that or tiredness starts to bother him. If we sign players he can have an op if he needs it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

You missed a wink pal.

...and an "i" ;-)
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Mancini just said on SSN that Flamini OR Gago are "possible" in the nest few days.

He also said he thinks Chillieni is Juve's best player, but its unlikely they'll sell him.
Original Dub

Postby AlpsMaster » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mancini just said on SSN that Flamini OR Gago are "possible" in the nest few days.

He also said he thinks Chillieni is Juve's best player, but its unlikely they'll sell him.

Thanks OD. At least they are still trying.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:54 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Mancini just said on SSN that Flamini OR Gago are "possible" in the nest few days.

Yeah mate, by Mancini's body language, I reckon one of them will be here and more than likely it'll be Flamini.... whenever Mancini says "Its possible I think", its generally the answer he gives when he wants to say "I think so".... from what I've seen so far anyway.

Milan may say he wants to stay in Italy, but if he has hopes of going to that world cup he'd better get his arse over here sharpish...

He's a signing I'd be chuffed with.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
AlpsMaster wrote:

Yeah mate, by Mancini's body language, I reckon one of them will be here and more than likely it'll be Flamini.... whenever Mancini says "Its possible I think", its generally the answer he gives when he wants to say "I think so".... from what I've seen so far anyway.

Milan may say he wants to stay in Italy, but if he has hopes of going to that world cup he'd better get his arse over here sharpish...

He's a signing I'd be chuffed with.

And me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum