FLAMINI TO CITY - SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FLAMINI TO CITY - SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS!!

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

And me.

Why did he leave Arsenal again? Because he wanted to, not because he was crap right?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:21 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:And me.

Why did he leave Arsenal again? Because he wanted to, not because he was crap right?

i think arsenal left it really late to offer him a new contract even though he was playing very well. i dont think he was too happy about it.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Mike J wrote:

i think arsenal left it really late to offer him a new contract even though he was playing very well. i dont think he was too happy about it.

sounds familiar :)
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Mike J wrote:

he had the best year of his career his last season at Arsenal, but wasn't much in the couple year's prior. Promising, but nothing like the player he was 2 seasons ago for the Arse.

he'd be a great signing i think, but if you asked Arsenal fans they wouldn't really want him back. they've got enough cover and talent. They were wishing they had him last season, but this season's a different story.

related: didn't gago sign for Boca Jrs today or is planning too?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: if you asked Arsenal fans they wouldn't really want him back. they've got enough cover and talent. They were wishing they had him last season, but this season's a different story.s

We often differ in terms of optic/perspective but less so in terms of factual analysis.

However you are WAY WAY WAY off beam with your barometer as to Arsenal fans feelings (now or in the seasons since he left) as to the role that MF could have played for TAFC.

they would have likely collected at least a pot or two. Even if they hadn't they would have run the eventual winners MUCH closer.

and that is pretty commonly held "wisdom" in those fan communities in my experience
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum