4th spot to liverpool if they win europa?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 4th spot to liverpool if they win europa?

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 pm

TonyM wrote:Very unlikely but say U***d had an awful end of season in the league but won the Champions League .... they could deny someone the 4th spot place in the CL. That could well be us. :-(

Please note my post above ;)
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:
TonyM wrote:Very unlikely but say U***d had an awful end of season in the league but won the Champions League .... they could deny someone the 4th spot place in the CL. That could well be us. :-(

if they drop out of the the top 4 we will be 3rd!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ian494 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

if they drop out of the the top 4 we will be 3rd!

I like your way of thinking
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:56 pm

I take it this has come about because Shakhter, who won the UEFA Cup last season, gained entry into the Champions League through their league position in Russia, therefore not contesting the Europa League and certain people believing that they got the spot though their UEFA success?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum