The Cup on Coronation Street

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Cup on Coronation Street

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Quite an amusing little video on the os, Summerbee and Steve McDonald next door neighbours. Shame Michelle Keegan's a red as I'd like to take come out of her tunnel...Although on a more serious note, apparently all of the team who won the trophy in 69/70 will be out on the pitch tonight before kick-off, that's a nice touch

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Carousel?id=8f49f ... be6&play=1

The Carling Cup this week made a historic trip to the set of Coronation Street as the competition continues to celebrate its 50th anniversary and prepares to stage one of the country's biggest derbies.

Manchester United visit rivals Manchester City tonight (Tuesday) in the first leg of the Carling Cup semi-final at Eastlands, live on BBC One from 8pm, and to mark the occasion, United and City legends, Paddy Crerand and Mike Summerbee joined red Michelle Keegan (aka Tina McIntyre) and blue Simon Gregson (aka Steve McDonald) from the Street.

The quartet posed outside the Rovers Return ahead of the long-awaited Manchester derby along with the Carling Cup and a special commemorative cake to recognise the 50th birthday shared by both the League Cup and the famous Street.

"This is a big game for both clubs, I've got a feeling that the Manager will want to win this one" said United hero Crerand. "I remember when the Cup started and it gets better when you've got big games like this.

"Take the top teams like Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal - everyone is desperate to win the League Cup.

"Fans want to win trophies and go to Wembley. The Carling Cup is the best way to do it - when you've not won anything you're desperate to win the trophy."

And former City star Mike Summerbee agrees that the tie, which culminates at Old Trafford on January 27th, will be an occasion not to be missed.

He said: "It is exciting to play United over a two legged affair. It is going to be a very exciting game, all about attacking forwards. With the way that the teams are playing at the moment it should be quite a spectacle.

"We we're successful in the 60's and 70's and it is a new era for us - we've got a new owner and situation, the club is in good order. It is exciting to be a City supporter.

"There's no reason why we can't be a successful side and dominate the Manchester area."

In recognition of the half-century milestone, the search is underway for the greatest ever moment in League Cup history. The Top 50 moments, as voted for by fans, can be watched and voted for at www.leaguecup50.com with the winner set to be announced next month.

In total, 39 teams from the Premier League, Football League and non-league are in the running to be crowned champions with moments ranging from the first ever goal scored by Maurice Cook in 1960 for Fulham through to Ben Foster's penalty heroics in last season's final.

And with crowd numbers up 3% on last term, the two-legged Manchester clash is set to increase the profile still further of the competition dreamed up by former Football League Secretary Alan Hardaker in September 1960.

"It is a huge game and I'll be in the pub watching the game with my dad and family, who are United through and through, so fingers crossed," admitted a very confident Michelle Keegan.

"They [City] always talk loud - I'm not worried about them. It is Man United all the way - we are the number one team. We always have been and always will be.

"We'll be at Wembley for the final, no doubt about it. I'm not nervous at all."

But her fellow Corrie star and City supporter, Simon Gregson is adamant the blues of Manchester are on the road to Wembley.

"I think now is the time for City to shine and we can do it against United," he said. "I think we can absolutely win this game - get yourselves to the bookies!"

For every vote cast at www.leaguecup50.com, there is a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2010 Carling Cup Final at Wembley or Special Limited Edition Replica Final balls - and there is no limit on the amount of times you can register your choice.

And to help celebrate this special anniversary, the Carling Cup has travelled around the country giving fans in Essex, Blackburn and Birmingham the chance to have their photographs taken with the famous trophy.

This weekend the Cup heads to Manchester's Arndale Centre in the final leg of the tour. It will be on display all day Saturday and Sunday so make sure you don't miss out on your chance to see the Carling Cup.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: The Cup on Coronation Street

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Wow I'd definitely like to do stuff to her.
We've got Marsha Thomason though, she's cute as fucl and looks more classy than that rag slapper.
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I felt sick when i saw her in that shirt.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Why is Paddy Crerand not dead?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Wow I'd definitely like to do stuff to her.
We've got Marsha Thomason though, she's cute as fucl and looks more classy than that rag slapper.

I have known Marsha for years, top girl. A couple of my mates were at her wedding in LA last summer. She's FIT too Fids, you are spot on with that
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby blootoof » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Why is Paddy Crerand not dead?

Because I'm yet to meet him.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Him in the same picture as "tina", with her in that shirt has made countless wanks feel like I am cheating
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ian494 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Crerand is such a cock, he can't help himself with constant digs at us.

He is scared.....I can see it in his eyes.

Tick Tock
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum