Tevez on a mission

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez on a mission

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Carlos Tevez has revealed his burning desire to help City end their trophy drought as he prepares to face his former team in the Carling Cup semi-final derby tonight.

Leading scorer Tevez, a high-profile arrival during the summer, has an eye on much more than a Wembley appearance as he gears up for the sell-out first leg at the City of Manchester Stadium.

He said: "I understand that the fans want us to win something, because for many years they haven’t won anything. The players also want to, and that’s why we work hard to achieve it.

"My passion and love is for Manchester City. One of the reasons I have signed for City is to win something here, and it's why I took so much pressure and took the decision.

"One of the things that attracted me was the great ambition that the club has, so it was a big proposal for me and a big challenge. I didn’t want to lose the opportunity to be a part of it.

"My biggest ambition is to win a trophy
wearing the shirt of City. We want to
win a trophy so that everybody - all of
the supporters and all the staff - will
be very happy"

"We want to break the years of nothing – to win and give happiness to the supporters. And it's also important not just to win one trophy, but to follow that with more success."

Tevez, who has been a hero in red as well as blue, added: "The semi-final is a big challenge, and of course it's most important that we win because we are playing our biggest rivals!

"It's two big teams who will fight strongly to win, but we should believe and I want to believe that we will win. I'm sure if we are humble, and go with dedication and motivation, we will win.

"I've nothing to prove, I've moved on and look to the future. When you are young, you dream about playing in major finals, so to have the chance of playing at Wembley again is fantastic for me."

from mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Tevez on a mission

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm

good lad, now stop talking about it and score a f#cking hatrick.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Tevez on a mission

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Well he sure did his part tonight
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum