Neville after Tevez's first goal.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Neville after Tevez's first goal.

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 pm

the FA are looking into Neville's actions once again. They cant let him keep doing this so he might just get a fine/ban.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Surrey Sky Blue wrote:It was sooo offensive that Sky Sports have blanked it for more delicate football fans....

no that's neville's actual hand.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Surrey Sky Blue wrote:It was sooo offensive that Sky Sports have blanked it for more delicate football fans....

no that's neville's actual hand.

They should have uncensored the hand and put the blur on his ugly bastard of a face.
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:34 pm

from guardian, made me laugh.

WE REALLY WANT TO SEE THOSE FINGERS

When little Carlito Tevez Mighty Moused the penalty Manchester City shouldn't have got into the roof of the net in Manchester City's Secondary Cup semi-final first-leg win over their noisy neighbours last night, he was understandably delighted. So delighted, in fact, that he sprinted to the sideline, angrily cupped his hands behind his ears and then made a yapping gesture at Gary Neville, who had left his basket at Sir Alex Ferguson's feet and was stretching on the sideline. Tevez was responding to Neville's recently-aired view that His Master was right to let the Argentinian peasant woman leave Old Trafford last summer. Neville responded to Tevez's response by giving him the finger.

Gary Neville is 34.

Today the FA confirmed it is "looking into" the one-fingered salute given by His Master's Voice, a player who is now so over-the-hill that he has to limber up for several minutes just to be able to hoist a digit at a former team-mate. Presumably the implausibly hot, wise-cracking scientists in the open lab coats and tight T-shirts at CSI: Wembley will use their fancy equipment to zoom in on the photograph of the erect finger, crop a picture of its tip, zoom in on that and run it through their computer to see if it's a match with that of the Manchester United full-back.

If it is, Neville can expect to feel the full force of the FA's disciplinary committee, a merciless body of men who are unlikely to think twice about handing out a very sternly-worded warning or, if they're feeling particularly vindictive, possibly even a small fine.

Coincidentally, Neville's last sternly-worded warning from the FA came on the back of United's 4-3 win over City in September, when he charged down the touchline to taunt City fans in the wake of Michael Owen's injury-time winner, before realising the error of his ways mid-gallop and pretending he was only on a warm-up jog instead. As ruses go it was comically transparent, like somebody running for a bus, failing to catch the bus, slowing to a jog in order to save face by pretending they never actually wanted to catch the bus, then realising they're unwittingly re-enacting one of Michael McIntyre terrible comedy routines.

Like we said, Gary Neville is 34, which is bad news for City fans, because it means he doesn't get a game very often these days. If he can embarrass himself that badly on the sideline when City are the opposition, think of what he could achieve if only he was let on to the pitch.
The Man In Blue

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:from guardian, made me laugh.

When little Carlito Tevez Mighty Moused the penalty Manchester City shouldn't have got into the roof of the net in Manchester City's Secondary Cup semi-final first-leg win over their noisy neighbours last night, he was understandably delighted. So delighted, in fact, that he sprinted to the sideline, angrily cupped his hands behind his ears and then made a yapping gesture at Gary Neville, who had left his basket at Sir Alex Ferguson's feet and was stretching on the sideline. Tevez was responding to Neville's recently-aired view that His Master was right to let the Argentinian peasant woman leave Old Trafford last summer. Neville responded to Tevez's response by giving him the finger.

Gary Neville is 34.

Today the FA confirmed it is "looking into" the one-fingered salute given by His Master's Voice, a player who is now so over-the-hill that he has to limber up for several minutes just to be able to hoist a digit at a former team-mate. Presumably the implausibly hot, wise-cracking scientists in the open lab coats and tight T-shirts at CSI: Wembley will use their fancy equipment to zoom in on the photograph of the erect finger, crop a picture of its tip, zoom in on that and run it through their computer to see if it's a match with that of the Manchester U***d full-back.

If it is, Neville can expect to feel the full force of the FA's disciplinary committee, a merciless body of men who are unlikely to think twice about handing out a very sternly-worded warning or, if they're feeling particularly vindictive, possibly even a small fine.

Coincidentally, Neville's last sternly-worded warning from the FA came on the back of U***d's 4-3 win over City in September, when he charged down the touchline to taunt City fans in the wake of Michael Owen's injury-time winner, before realising the error of his ways mid-gallop and pretending he was only on a warm-up jog instead. As ruses go it was comically transparent, like somebody running for a bus, failing to catch the bus, slowing to a jog in order to save face by pretending they never actually wanted to catch the bus, then realising they're unwittingly re-enacting one of Michael McIntyre terrible comedy routines.

Like we said, Gary Neville is 34, which is bad news for City fans, because it means he doesn't get a game very often these days. If he can embarrass himself that badly on the sideline when City are the opposition, think of what he could achieve if only he was let on to the pitch.

THATS BRILLIANT AND SPOT ON.

THIS MADE ME PISS MYSELF."Gary Neville, who had left his basket at Sir Alex Ferguson's feet "
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:from guardian, made me laugh.

Gary Neville is 34.

Today the FA confirmed it is "looking into" the one-fingered salute given by His Master's Voice, a player who is now so over-the-hill that he has to limber up for several minutes just to be able to hoist a digit at a former team-mate. Presumably the implausibly hot, wise-cracking scientists in the open lab coats and tight T-shirts at CSI: Wembley will use their fancy equipment to zoom in on the photograph of the erect finger, crop a picture of its tip, zoom in on that and run it through their computer to see if it's a match with that of the Manchester U***d full-back.

Coincidentally, Neville's last sternly-worded warning from the FA came on the back of U***d's 4-3 win over City in September, when he charged down the touchline to taunt City fans in the wake of Michael Owen's injury-time winner, before realising the error of his ways mid-gallop and pretending he was only on a warm-up jog instead. As ruses go it was comically transparent, like somebody running for a bus, failing to catch the bus, slowing to a jog in order to save face by pretending they never actually wanted to catch the bus, then realising they're unwittingly re-enacting one of Michael McIntyre terrible comedy routines.

THATS BRILLIANT AND SPOT ON.

THIS MADE ME PISS MYSELF."Gary Neville, who had left his basket at Sir Alex Ferguson's feet "

Yeah made the underlined particularly got me.

Great article about THE genuine cunt of all time in football.
Original Dub

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

HAHAHA "left his basket"

ah yes, I can see it now...

sir cunt: Gally! ay!!! Gally!

chuckle: pant pant

sir cunt: put tha' fuckin lipstick awee sun
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby JonnyAsh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice reading on UK Eurosport

Tevez 2 (ears), Neville 1 (finger)
A brace from former United striker Carlos Tevez saw City come from behind to take a 2-1 aggregate lead to Old Trafford, but it was Tevez's spat with G-Nev that has caught the attention.

After lashing home a penalty for the equaliser, Tevez ran to the touchline to direct a yapping hand gesture at Neville, who had previously stated that Alex Ferguson was right to let the Argentine leave and join City.

Neville responded by sticking his middle finger up at Tevez, very becoming of a 34-year-old man who is the senior member of a club "quite comfortable with where we are" and with "nothing to prove".

After the goal there were smug V signs from the home fans caught by the cameras, but had the director switched to the United bench for refuge they would have found Neville, sporting his bum fluff beard and big puffa jacket, slyly flipping the bird as though he were a teenager gesturing across the classroom.

A brace from former United striker Carlos Tevez saw City come from behind to take a 2-1 aggregate lead to Old Trafford, but it was Tevez's spat with G-Nev that has caught the attention.

Who says there's no serious journalism these days, love it
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby ronk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Nice. Previously this sort of thing would have been ignored and the stories would have all been about Evra getting hit by a lighter.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Lads it's all my fault. I have to confess, I can't keep it to myself any longer.
He hates us because I threw a stone at his dads car when I was a kid walking through Greenmount.
Sorry G.

it could also be my fault as i got chucked out a nightclub in town quite a few years back for dropping my pants and doing aeroplanes round him and dwight yorke.
very mature of me but it pissed them both off .
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:16 am

svengali wrote:The guy really is a bellend.

I get sick to death of seeing his little hard man, whisky nose glove puppet act every derby.

This is who Tevez was aiming the shut your mouths out.

I hope to god the cunt plays in the 2nd leg and see how he handles the game on the pitch. Gutless little turd.

Sorry mate, but couldn't help but notice Robbie warming up in the background ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Nick wrote:Can barely see that, no-one got anything of all the v's and wanker signs to the east stand by Evra? There was a pro photographer right there but dont think he took anything.

Probably deserved a punch from that Chelski groundsman.He played the race card then so he'll probably do the same again now, claiming City fans racially abused him. You're a cunt Evra, not because you are black, just cos you are a cunt.

That's a bit off. Not to defend Evra or owt, but Chelsea have always been a bit of a backwards club, despite their new wealth and having had a few non-whites playing for them. It isn't by coincidence that he made that claim against a club who used to (maybe still do) have a large racist element of support (C18 anyone?).

And even if he was only hit on the wrist by a lighter, it was a fucking scumbag thing to do. I do hope whoever threw it was caught. It brings nothing but shame to our club, especially as it was seen by all on national television.

The fact this is only getting smatterings of coverage brings me some sense of happiness, what with what happened at OT earlier this season with Garrido getting pwned by a coin throwing rag. Little was made of that and from what I have seen, little is being made of this lighter issue.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:36 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Nick wrote:Can barely see that, no-one got anything of all the v's and wanker signs to the east stand by Evra? There was a pro photographer right there but dont think he took anything.

Probably deserved a punch from that Chelski groundsman.He played the race card then so he'll probably do the same again now, claiming City fans racially abused him. You're a cunt Evra, not because you are black, just cos you are a cunt.

That's a bit off. Not to defend Evra or owt, but Chelsea have always been a bit of a backwards club, despite their new wealth and having had a few non-whites playing for them. It isn't by coincidence that he made that claim against a club who used to (maybe still do) have a large racist element of support (C18 anyone?).

And even if he was only hit on the wrist by a lighter, it was a fucking scumbag thing to do. I do hope whoever threw it was caught. It brings nothing but shame to our club, especially as it was seen by all on national television.

The fact this is only getting smatterings of coverage brings me some sense of happiness, what with what happened at OT earlier this season with Garrido getting pwned by a coin throwing rag. Little was made of that and from what I have seen, little is being made of this lighter issue.

He got a lighter thrown at him cos he aggravated the City fans by grabbing his STD-spreading dick.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

He got a lighter thrown at him cos he aggravated the City fans by grabbing his STD-spreading dick.

Hehe, alright I'll leave off.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 pm

"The Football Association will speak to both Manchester clubs before the second leg of their Carling Cup semi-final in an attempt to defuse possible tensions.

The fierce rivalry has taken on a new dimension as City's owners spend large sums to help the club join the elite.

The lure of a place at Wembley and the presence of ex-United striker Carlos Tevez also add some spice to the match.

Cameras appeared to catch United's Gary Neville making an obscene gesture when Tevez scored in City's first-leg win.

Before the match, Neville had said United were right to let Tevez leave in the summer, rather than signing him on a permanent deal after his two-year loan spell ended.

Tevez went on to join City on a five-year deal, with accusations flying back and forth between the player and United over the circumstances of his Old Trafford exit.

The 25-year-old celebrated his second goal in City's 2-1 victory in the first leg at Eastlands with the same cupped-ear gesture towards the United management that he made when trying to earn a full-time contract at Old Trafford, and admitted he had enjoyed celebrating in front of his former team-mate.

"I thought Gary Neville had been disrespectful by talking about me like that," Tevez told the Daily Mail.

"He cannot possibly know the full story of what happened at Old Trafford. I was honourable at all times and I think it was wrong of him to talk about another footballer in that way.

"For me, to celebrate in front of him was not malicious. It was just banter. That is what the game is all about. I didn't see if he did anything back."

Neville looks likely to escape punishment for the Tevez incident, as it would be difficult for the FA to prove his gesture was particularly aimed at the Argentina international, but he has been warned over his behaviour before.

Last September, the England defender, 34, was cautioned about his future conduct following United's dramatic 4-3 win over City when he ran towards City fans to celebrate Michael Owen's injury-time winner at Old Trafford.

And in 2006 he was fined £5,000 and again warned over his future conduct after celebrating in front of Liverpool's fans after United secured a late winner over their other main rivals."

...But Adebayor was 10 yards away from the Gunners and gets a ban and heavy fine? regardless of who it was aimed at he should be disciplined.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum