Signs of the times, then & now.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Signs of the times, then & now.

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Before the match I watched highlights of the Gillingham final on youtube to get me in the mood and there was a comment posted by an Everton fan saying he'd watched the game in '98 in a pub in Blackpool and how he'd been "delighted" at the result as he'd "always liked City." Before today's game there was a message on a website from another Evertonian saying "I hope ManU wak City" (he cant spell, or maybe it's his accent) because "they think they're the dogs." Shows how things have changed when people want U****d to win a game, any game. But f*cking woof, woof to all of them, City's time is coming. I reckon that among other clubs' supporters probably only West Ham fans (because of Tevez) want City to go through, most of the rest would like to see us fail.
So let's WIN at the swamp next Wednesday. Wembley beckons. Hotel booked in Russell Square and will have plane ticket booked right after the final whistle.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Re: Signs of the times, then & now.

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 am

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Before the match I watched highlights of the Gillingham final on youtube to get me in the mood and there was a comment posted by an Everton fan saying he'd watched the game in '98 in a pub in Blackpool and how he'd been "delighted" at the result as he'd "always liked City." Before today's game there was a message on a website from another Evertonian saying "I hope ManU wak City" (he cant spell, or maybe it's his accent) because "they think they're the dogs." Shows how things have changed when people want U****d to win a game, any game. But f*cking woof, woof to all of them, City's time is coming. I reckon that among other clubs' supporters probably only West Ham fans (because of Tevez) want City to go through, most of the rest would like to see us fail.
So let's WIN at the swamp next Wednesday. Wembley beckons. Hotel booked in Russell Square and will have plane ticket booked right after the final whistle.

Agree - apart from the '98 bit of course (it was '99).
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum