Subinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Subinho

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 am

Thought his reaction to Carlos' return to the bench was piss poor. Not the reaction of a team mate, the reaction of a prima-donna sulking because he didnt get the nod.

Benjani was pretty dire in his 10 minutes but given the nature of the game last night I cannot imagine that it ever crossed Mancini's mind to put Robinho into the mix. Maybe if we had been 3-0 up he might have had a run but Mancini went defensive at the first opportunity after the second goal so I can only imagine he was on the bench just to keep him part of the squad.

Alternatively benching him last night was partly sending a message that he has GOT to start performing away from home.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Subinho

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am

I thought keeping him on the bench was the only sensible option tbh. But you'll have to ask Rag_hater about it. Oh, he's not online, funny that!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 am

I though he gave "high five" to Tevez???? What did you expect? Anal sex in front of 47k? That would have been bit ott!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I though he gave "high five" to Tevez???? What did you expect? Anal sex in front of 47k? That would have been bit ott!

he gave a half arsed high five, no smile, no "fucking hell that was brilliant mate". He said fuck all to Carlos, no eye contact, disinterested body language....shit support from a mardy little twat

a disgrace
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 am

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I though he gave "high five" to Tevez???? What did you expect? Anal sex in front of 47k? That would have been bit ott!

he gave a half arsed high five, no smile, no "fucking hell that was brilliant mate"....shit support from a mardy little twat

a disgrace

Fuck me the guy didn't get on the pitch and he has a thread slating him.... new city hate figure anyone?

Where's the thread about Petrovs reaction...and the rest of the other subs?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:00 am

ant london wrote:

he gave a half arsed high five, no smile, no "fucking hell that was brilliant mate"....shit support from a mardy little twat

a disgrace

Ah, whole Robinho thing is starting to remind me of classic "Anelka is a twat because he doesn't smile after scoring" arguments.

Yes, he has been shite and no, he shouldn't be on the line up BUT let's keep it on footballing matters.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 am

john@staustell wrote:I thought keeping him on the bench was the only sensible option tbh. But you'll have to ask Rag_hater about it. Oh, he's not online, funny that!

I thought it was you who suggested I leave it.Didnt even play last night and a hate thread started about him.
Let me just say that if he had been sat on the bench laughing and joking no doubt the hatemongers would have had the Robson dont give a fuck.Whereas he looks sad cos he is not playing and thats an indicator that he is not a team player.If thats the battle he has to fight every week he probably is better of in Spain where they like him.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Yes, he has been shite and no, he shouldn't be on the line up BUT let's keep it on footballing matters.

haha. Sometimes I think you must be on a fucking wind up. You are simply incredible mate

It is a footballing matter you div....football is played in a TEAM (actually a squad). Team sports rely on teamwork, mutual support, camaraderie. Robinho's reaction exhibited none of those attributes. He was like a sulking petulant child. And that would be ok if I thought that next week we'd "get a reaction" from him. But I am becoming increasingly convinced that he hasn't the stomach or the inclination to rise to the challenge.

I like Robinho a lot as a player as I have made plain on innumerate occasions. I also liked Anelka (whose attitude I personally had zero issue with). I don't intend to conduct a witch-hunt (something I would obviously consult you on, being as you are the resident expert) but I am perfectly entitled to voice my views.

I have to listen to your shit, now you listen to mine
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 am

london blue 2 wrote:
ant london wrote:

a disgrace

Fuck me the guy didn't get on the pitch and he has a thread slating him.... new city hate figure anyone?

Where's the thread about Petrovs reaction...and the rest of the other subs?

Petrov had his hands on hips with a manky cardigan on
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby sandman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 am

THIS THREAD IS FUCKING SHITE... HOW ABOUT GETTING BEHIND YOUR CLUB RATHER THAN LOOKING FOR SILLY BULLSHIT REASONS TO CRITICISE OUR OWN PLAYERS.

FFS!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby JB » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:

a disgrace

Ah, whole Robinho thing is starting to remind me of classic "Anelka is a twat because he doesn't smile after scoring" arguments.

Yes, he has been shite and no, he shouldn't be on the line up BUT let's keep it on footballing matters.

I'm with you on this NQDP. People are reading to much into this. Yes, he's been next-to-useless when given time this season but save the criticism for when he deserves it, not on supposition.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 am

sandman wrote:THIS THREAD IS FUCKING SHITE... HOW ABOUT GETTING BEHIND YOUR CLUB RATHER THAN LOOKING FOR SILLY BULLSHIT REASONS TO CRITICISE OUR OWN PLAYERS.

FFS!!

THIS!!!

APART FROM THE TITLE, I LIKE THE TITLE SUBINHO...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 am

sandman wrote:THIS THREAD IS FUCKING SHITE... HOW ABOUT GETTING BEHIND YOUR CLUB RATHER THAN LOOKING FOR SILLY BULLSHIT REASONS TO CRITICISE OUR OWN PLAYERS.

FFS!!

I am right behind my club.

My opinion (and that is why we are here) is that Robinho is NOT behind his club.

I am not looking for bullshit reasons to criticise, if you think that Robinho is pulling his weight and showing that he is worth what we paid for him and what he is paid every week then that's fine I respect your right to your opinion.

His performances and behaviour are below what I expect.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:50 am

Fuck me, he didn't even play and he gets slagged off nonetheless. I agree that he's playing very poorly for us lately, but at least when he's not on the pitch for a single minute, can we leave the "Robinho is shit, doesn't care, etc." campaign alone?
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 am

blues-clues wrote:

FFS!!

I am right behind my club.

My opinion (and that is why we are here) is that Robinho is NOT behind his club.

I am not looking for bullshit reasons to criticise, if you think that Robinho is pulling his weight and showing that he is worth what we paid for him and what he is paid every week then that's fine I respect your right to your opinion.

His performances and behaviour are below what I expect.

Thing is mate you could understand this thread being started after a bad performance by Subinho, but when he's not even touched a blade of grass it just bollocks.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

In YOUR OPINION it is a load of bollocks

I personally think that you thinking that there is nothing that can be read into his body language is a load of bollocks. But it's your opinion and you're as free to voice it as we are.

No-one is booing Robinho. I wouldn't scream anything at him at Eastlands but I have no problem with it being discussed here. You don't like it, there's no need to read it
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:57 am

I was very very disappointed with Robinho's reaction. Whether he 'high fived' or not, he did it in the most 'not arsed' manner imaginable. If that was the Brazil bench, he would've been hugging, kissing, back patting, laughing, joking etc; I've seen him do it. Sturridge reacted similarly to SWP on his debut at Sunderland. I thought then that he'd be on his bike.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 am

ant london wrote:In YOUR OPINION it is a load of bollocks

I personally think that you thinking that there is nothing that can be read into his body language is a load of bollocks. But it's your opinion and you're as free to voice it as we are.

No-one is booing Robinho. I wouldn't scream anything at him at Eastlands but I have no problem with it being discussed here. You don't like it, there's no need to read it

Bollocks
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:12 am

I didn't see any of this...was it highlighted on the TV?

What happened? Was Robby being a mard arse?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I didn't see any of this...was it highlighted on the TV?

What happened? Was Robby being a mard arse?

Everyone was congratulating Tevez. Robbie made a very half hearted effort & barely looked at him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum