Subinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Subinho

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Can't leave it now as I have just got a mention. But I haven't got a clue why! Have I said something on this thread already? I have just poppoed in and had a look at this page but do I have to trawl through all the pages of drivel to find out what is going on and what I am supposed to have done/said? Ah well I have a few minutes.

"I really hope he has the bottle to start with Ireland but I don't think he will."
"hence the lack of tactical countermeasures to change the game"
Is the other view of this that he hadn't a clue tactically what to do to change the game?"
"I think Mancini got it all wrong today.I am just a tad worried that he seems to have needed to change tactics in most games so far and today it didn't have any effect"
"Could it be poor team selection and tactics?"
"Great to see Mancini with the press again mostly not quite answering the questions he was asked".

I COULD GO ON BUT IM BORED NOW.

So why don't you just spit it out and say what you really think his agenda is then?

Anti-Mancini?

I only ask because anytime I say anything about the manager simialr stuff aimed at me...
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Can't leave it now as I have just got a mention. But I haven't got a clue why! Have I said something on this thread already? I have just poppoed in and had a look at this page but do I have to trawl through all the pages of drivel to find out what is going on and what I am supposed to have done/said? Ah well I have a few minutes.

"I really hope he has the bottle to start with Ireland but I don't think he will."
Is the other view of this that he hadn't a clue tactically what to do to change the game?"
"I think Mancini got it all wrong today.I am just a tad worried that he seems to have needed to change tactics in most games so far and today it didn't have any effect"
"Great to see Mancini with the press again mostly not quite answering the questions he was asked".

So why don't you just spit it out and say what you really think his agenda is then?

Anti-Mancini?

I only ask because anytime I say anything about the manager simialr stuff aimed at me...

THERE WAS A CHANCE THIS THREAD COULD HAVE ENDED.....OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT WANT IT TO GO AWAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Anti-Mancini?

THERE WAS A CHANCE THIS THREAD COULD HAVE ENDED.....OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT WANT IT TO GO AWAY.

Ah, so my agenda is both anti Robinho and Anti Mancini? Excellent...

Just want to make sure everyone knows what box they're in chief.

BTW I'm not tryin to get at you, but the hints of agendas are a bit weird, given the fact that everyone supports the manager and players...

Observations are getting shot down, which is a bit mad...

I'm just looking for some carity and you're normally not shy in saying how it is mate, so I thought I'd ask you, that's all.

Cards on the table and all that...
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent now I know what the hell he was talking about. I didn't think I had posted on this thread so it was just a chance to have a go at me .
Anyway as a general response I would say that I did not have blind faith and belief in Hughes just like I do not have blind faith in Mancini BUT I am totally behind the manager whoever that is. That said I also might make comment on things that are going on as I did before and will continue to do.I seem to recall saying that I had a lot of time for everything Hughes had done but that he still had to prove that he had the ability to manage a club to win things.You seem to have missed those quotes!

As for those above I am not sure whether that Ireland quote is a recent one or from earlier in the season as I was saying that regularly before Mancini was manager. Something I also said directly when i got the chance at Carrington.

The rest of the comments are very consistent and are a bit of a reaction to the fawning on here about what a tactical genius Mancini is. I think some of his tactical changes in matches have been very good , some bizarre and some wrong and that I suppose is fairly normal for a football fan not to agree with everything. What worries me ,as is shown in those quotes, is that he is having to make these changes in matches. If the opposing manager has done something we need to react to then fine but more often than not the changes have been made because the starting set up hasn't been working imo. I am not alone in making these comments and I think this forum has been full of them during and after games and some by posters that were 100% anti Hughes. Disagreeing with something a manager does does not mean I think the manager is crap.

They are not intended as a comparison to Hughes but simply a comment on what I have seen in games. I leave all the Hughes comparisons to others. He isn't the manager anymore and as far as I can recall I haven't mentioned his name or referred to him since he left until this post.Unlike others.

The final quote above is also not a comparison and also not a slight against Mancini. When Sven was hear I thought the press were awful towards him but it was like water off a duck's back and answered as little as possible of their direct , often nasty questions.Hughes likewise I thought was very good with the press and had an ability to sidestep leading questions. Now we have Mancini and he too , occasionally hiding behing the language issue, avoids most of the dangerous direct questions. It's a strength and a talent but if you want to read something else into my comment feel free.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:OUR CURRENT MANAGER -----------------THE LAST MUPPET

perfectly balanced argument Carl. as per. B~)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:

HEY.....IT,S A JUNGLE OUT THERE ALEX.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Let's hope he's up to the challenge against Scunthorpe, I'm pretty sure he will start there, also because Bellamy will be rested for the derby. I just want to point out beforehand, that if anyone expects to see him chasing opposing players like Bellers does, he will be disappointed with Robinho, as he won't do that if not occasionally. It's just not his style of play. The important thing is that he produces the goods in terms of creating chances, making assists and, if possible, scoring.

I don't think any manager or (sane) fan expects Robbie to do what Bellamy does, just to make an effort to get goal side & make a bit of a nuisance of himself & then to be ready & in position to break & receive the ball, which imo is what he's doing. What everyone does expect though is, when Tevez & co race around getting the ball back & give it him, he uses his talent better & with more thought for the team rather than trying a back heel at the halfway line & leaving them to go & get it back so he can do it again.

That's clearly not acceptable, of course. I in fact said he should concentrate on producing assists, goals and creating chances. ;)

I know you did & I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out what it is that most people are actually asking of him ;)

Would most people include you?
Because I think as CFFR said you'll be disappointed.
As you say though if you want Robson, to chase lets say Valencia as it was in the last match, get nutmegged and let him run around him to put in a cross that leads to a goal whilst getting in the way of the defender or chase the ball like Carlos does not actually forcing a mistake except for getting himself out of position then Robson's attitude will be lacking.

Well I've said in the fucking post that you're quoting that I don't fucking want him to do that haven't I? I mean what's the fucking point of quoting me & then 5 fucking lines below criticise me for something I've fucking said I DON'T want him to do? READ THE FUCKING THING IF YOU'RE GOING TO ARGUE!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Ha ha ha, this isn't a dig mate but I thought that was an all-time classic.

Original Dub wrote:several cunts feel like wading in to throw labels around
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

no its certain posters clinging onto an argument that is now irrelevant and cramming it into any thread that its possible to do so
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Wooders wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

no its certain posters clinging onto an argument that is now irrelevant and cramming it into any thread that its possible to do so

WHICH POSTERS?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:at the end of the day we're better with Robinho in our squad than without him.
We found out last season that he wasn't a week in week out player. yes, its disappointing that he isn't, but that won't ever change.
Another thing that won't ever change is if we are winning 3-0 with 20 mins to go, and Robinho gets put on with the instruction "take the piss", he will. so not only will be have the satisfaction of watching City win, but we'll also have the pleasure of watching Robbie nutmeg 3 players and set up number 4. Thats what Robbie brings, entertainment. If he can't accept that he can't be relied on in certain games, then its best for both parties to part company, but if he can accept it, and rise to the challenge when called upon then I don't see a problem with him staying.

As that Legend status gone to your head mate? Now stop talking shit, sorry, sense ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Bloody ell, there's about 5 different arguments going on at once here!
Good for the neutrals I guess.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Bloody ell, there's about 5 different arguments going on at once here!

Neutral twats.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Bloody ell, there's about 5 different arguments going on at once here!

Neutral twats.

WHO ARE THESE NEAUTRAL TWATS?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Neutral twats.

Robinho's one the little Brazilian neutral twat!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Neutral twats.

Dunno but they must be lurking around & I don't trust 'em..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

The lickers are out in full force!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:36 pm

edge275 wrote:The lickers are out in full force!

You'll have to find a window of your own then.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 pm

edge275 wrote:The lickers are out in full force!

Mancini lickers?

Oh no, here we go again...

And Beefy you bollox - get some perspective will you ;)
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

HATERS

LICKERS

"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum