Training Wednesday 20/1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Wednesday 20/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Quiet at carrington today as the etam from last night were only inside doing wahetever warm downs they do + massages etc.Already out though when I got there were the reserves + Mancini and Kidd who were deep in conversation. A photographer told me he expected Vieira out today but there was no sign.He is hoping to play v Scunthorpe and definitely wants to play in the 2nd leg.

After a short while the "bench" players from last night came out along with Bridge and the only 1 missing was Silvinho , maybe injured based on that "run" last night.

As ever Mancini did the same with this group that he has done each day moving around the field with the players moving around him but keeping the team shape he wants when we havent got the ball. The group were:
Cunningham,Nedum,Vidal,Trippier
Ireland,Tutte and i think Ibrahim
Petrov,Robinho and Benjani.

After a little while doing this they split into 2 groups with Mancini again working with the defensive unit mostly on shape and without a ball whilst the other group played a kind of passing/keep ball in a circle with the emphasis on strong driven passing to test the control and touch of the players. As might be expected some of the passes were seriously smashed and control was almost impossible but they seemed to be having fun. Robinho seemed to be in a decent frame of mind based on the pictures taken by the photographer.

Bridge was out there which is good news even though with a strapping on his knee.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 20/1

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Was there any sign of the two bricklayers we have signed on loan in readiness for the defensive battle next week Doug? Or is that a secret?
Cheers mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

john68 wrote:Was there any sign of the two bricklayers we have signed on loan in readiness for the defensive battle next week Doug? Or is that a secret?
Cheers mate.

I think I saw Andy Morrison doing some special coaching with 2 big lads on the far pitch :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john68 wrote:Was there any sign of the two bricklayers we have signed on loan in readiness for the defensive battle next week Doug? Or is that a secret?
Cheers mate.

I think I saw Andy Morrison doing some special coaching with 2 big lads on the far pitch :)

Maybe we are about to learn what that bloody fence at Carrington was built for Doug...Across the goalmouth on Wednesday...
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Ah I forgot there was a new face there today.I was reliably informed that Mancini's son was on the sidelines along with a couple of others.He was just watching and taking the odd picture.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Alan D » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ah I forgot there was a new face there today.I was reliably informed that Mancini's son was on the sidelines along with a couple of others.He was just watching and taking the odd picture.

Was it not Mancini's son who joined us on loan from Inter Milan a couple of seasons ago when Sven was in charge?
Alan D
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Alan D wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ah I forgot there was a new face there today.I was reliably informed that Mancini's son was on the sidelines along with a couple of others.He was just watching and taking the odd picture.

Was it not Mancini's son who joined us on loan from Inter Milan a couple of seasons ago when Sven was in charge?

That rings a definite bell - about 17 at the time, or something like that. Remember because it was the first time I became aware of Mancini.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 am

Alan D wrote:

Yes it was, Filipo Mancini or something isn't it. He's still on Inter's books but is out on loan to some team I've never heard of in Italy.

His loan to City only turned out to last a few months in the end and then we shipped him back to Inter who, in turn, shipped him out to somewhere lower league and then onto his current place (I wiki'd this when Mancini joined!)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum