Police confiscated darts and golf balls!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Police confiscated darts and golf balls!!!!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Police believe they may have saved a player from being seriously injured after darts and golf balls were confiscated from Manchester United supporters before their club's Carling Cup semi-final first leg at Manchester City on Tuesday.

A number of missiles were thrown on to the pitch during the game but officers from Greater Manchester police's ­football unit believe the situation could have been worse had security officials not adopted stringent checks at the turnstiles.

Information had reached the police that United supporters planned to smuggle red flares into the ground, in order to ­interrupt a pre-match routine at Eastlands in which the lights are turned off and a giant image of a blue moon is flashed into the stadium. Two flares were lit but several ­others were discovered during rigorous body checks that stopped a large number of fans ­getting into the stadium before kick-off. More seriously, several supporters were caught trying to smuggle darts, golf balls and other weapons into the ground.

Eighteen people were arrested – six home supporters, 11 United fans and one neutral – before, during and after a 2-1 win for City, courtesy of two goals from Carlos Tevez.

There were other flashpoints during the match, including the United left-back, Patrice Evra, being struck by a cigarette lighter as he went to take a throw-in. The Football Association's disciplinary department intends to write to City to see if they are confident of catching whoever was responsible and to determine whether there was anything more that could have been done to prevent the incident.

The FA has promised to monitor the return leg at Old Trafford next Wednesday, a match that could feature the return of Emmanuel Adebayor from compassionate leave. The striker is in Togo, following the machine-gun attack on the national team's bus in which three people were killed, before the start of the Africa Cup of Nations. City's manager, Roberto ­Mancini, has said his player "will be back in the next few days".

Adebayor, who has described the incident as "one of the worst experiences of my life", said last week that he could not contemplate when he would be able to play football again.

City are deciding whether to increase their interest in another former Arsenal player, Mathieu Flamini, after making ­contact with his current club, Milan, about a possible loan. Mancini is an admirer of the 25-year-old holding midfielder and has identified him among his possible transfer targets. Manchester City already have an abundance of players who can operate in that role, in front of the back four, ­including Patrick Vieira, Nigel de Jong, ­Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta and Gareth Barry.

from guardian.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Police confiscated darts and golf balls!!!!

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:50 pm

one neutral??
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ronk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Is FC United considered neutral?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm

ashton287 wrote:one neutral??

Gary Cook apparently!

Couldnt remember which side he was fighting for.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm

ronk wrote:Is FC U***d considered neutral?

I'd consider them shite... All joking aside, if there was that number of weapons confiscated, with concerns raised about PLAYER safety, someone needs to ask serious questions of the match commander, and his rationale behind letting united out at the same time?

Surely the same service should be given to supporters, as we're the fuckers who pay wages?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Just nipped over to the site which shall not be named.(apols) one of our stewards reckons there was more than just golf balls and darts!

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Svensational wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Just nipped over to the site which shall not be named.(apols) one of our stewards reckons there was more than just golf balls and darts!

Like what?

Two knives, razor blades...and broken glass

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Sorry... Glass bottles...just nipped over again, but the poster says " read into that what you will"

To me, either it hasn't happened, of they are keeping a lid in things ahead of next week

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Svensational wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Sorry... Glass bottles...just nipped over again, but the poster says " read into that what you will"

To me, either it hasn't happened, of they are keeping a lid in things ahead of next week

Empty or full though? If they were full I would imagine its just a bunch of cunts who cant afford to pay for beer inside the ground?

Which genuinely is something i would probably do to be fair.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... 1&t=159695

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Maybe they thought we had a 9 hole pitch and putt ?

Manx Blue

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 am

Manx Blue wrote:Maybe they thought we had a 9 hole pitch and putt ?

Or crazy golf? Get it through Ferguson's mouth on the last hole and you get a free game! Beats a crummy windmill.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 am

That's nothing, they used to be darts in golf balls when I was a kid. 2 stanley baldes taped together with a couple of matchsticks separating them, and lead-lined gloves. Those were the days eh!

Glad i stayed on the swings ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:That's nothing, they used to be darts in golf balls when I was a kid. 2 stanley baldes taped together with a couple of matchsticks separating them, and lead-lined gloves. Those were the days eh!

Glad i stayed on the swings ;-)

I can remember a picture of a lad on the back of a paper with a dart in his head back in the 70's....and it wasnt a young phil taylor!

Manx Blue

Postby King Kev » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 am

If you are searched on entering a football ground and found to be carrying darts, golf balls, or whatever, what happens?

Do they arrest them on the spot of do they take the offending items off them and allow them to enter the ground?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 am

King Kev wrote:If you are searched on entering a football ground and found to be carrying darts, golf balls, or whatever, what happens?

Do they arrest them on the spot of do they take the offending items off them and allow them to enter the ground?

FANS BEING KEPT IN NEXT WEEK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ester.html

Wouldn't know Kev....But i take it someone had a flare shoved down their crotch.

like I said earlier, IMO the match commander needs his fucking arse kicked for letting that lot out, especially after the discovery of these items. They must have known the liklihood of disorder was high.

Manx Blue

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 am

9000 away fams at COMS - Yeah that'll be right. We only gave them 6000+ and them held back 1200 due to their tendancy to balloon about.

No way we're getting out of the swamp before midnight next week but who gives a fuck the place will be rocking with blues going mad
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby ashton287 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 am

you have to be some kind of super hard man to be taking weapons to a match, they should have been arrested on the spot under some bullshit terrorism law and be spending the next month in a small dark room gettin water boarded, fucking kids in the crowd for fucks sake.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum