Liverpool beat spurs - happy or sad?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool beat spurs - happy or sad?

Postby walmai » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:21 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:On balance I was reasonably happy with that result. It stopped Spuds moving into 4th place proper and reduced their GD a bit.

I like walmai post earlier too. Always good to get a fair and neutral perspective from our pet Hammer!

LOL

walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:21 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:So long as that useless greek twat (whose name I cant spell) keeps playing, Liverpool will spunk plenty of points. They got lucky last night, I honestly think spurs are the bigger threat for top 4

I believe it's Kyrgiakos.

Thats him, he is one of the worst players ever to grace the premier league. Rafa should be sacked on that signing alone
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:So long as that useless greek twat (whose name I cant spell) keeps playing, Liverpool will spunk plenty of points. They got lucky last night, I honestly think spurs are the bigger threat for top 4

Thats him, he is one of the worst players ever to grace the premier league. Rafa should be sacked on that signing alone

On the other hand, I watched part of that game last night and I was pleased to see Aquilani doing well, he was a favourite of mine when he was at Roma despite being constantly injured, and I hope for him they can keep him fit from now on, although if they do and he performs like he used to do at Roma, he may be a big boost in their run for fourth. He's definitely a better creator than Mascherano and Lucas so especially until Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun come back, he can be vital for them.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:38 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

On the other hand, I watched part of that game last night and I was pleased to see Aquilani doing well, he was a favourite of mine when he was at Roma despite being constantly injured, and I hope for him they can keep him fit from now on, although if they do and he performs like he used to do at Roma, he may be a big boost in their run for fourth. He's definitely a better creator than Mascherano and Lucas so especially until Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun come back, he can be vital for them.

Good for him if he starts ripping up the midfield, maybe Rafa has been right taking his time in introducing him, but Italians just dont seem to be able to play consistently well enough to be successful in the permier league, with the notable exception of Zola and to a lesser extent Vialli and Di Matteo which were the best part of 15 years ago

Any idea why this is? Is it simply down to the difference in pace between the two leagues?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Good for him if he starts ripping up the midfield, maybe Rafa has been right taking his time in introducing him, but Italians just dont seem to be able to play consistently well enough to be successful in the permier league, with the notable exception of Zola and to a lesser extent Vialli and Di Matteo which were the best part of 15 years ago

Any idea why this is? Is it simply down to the difference in pace between the two leagues
?

No wine before matches mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm

It's always better when such a game ends in a draw. 2 points for the competition overall instead of 3. Still, you can't expect Pool not to win anything at Anfield.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Liverpool were very lucky to get away with that win according to a colleague who was there. I don't think we have too much too worry about from their revival in form and still think it's better than Spuds lost.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:18 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Good for him if he starts ripping up the midfield, maybe Rafa has been right taking his time in introducing him, but Italians just dont seem to be able to play consistently well enough to be successful in the permier league, with the notable exception of Zola and to a lesser extent Vialli and Di Matteo which were the best part of 15 years ago

Any idea why this is? Is it simply down to the difference in pace between the two leagues?

I'm not sure, it could be the difference of pace, the fact that usually referees are less permissive in Italy so they struggle to adapt to a more physical game, a mix of these two reasons or something else, really. I'm a bit confused at that, to be honest.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby lythamblue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

Doesn't matter what the others do, as it will all change on a week to week basis. Now you may want L'pool to beat spuds, in a few weeks time you may be wishing the result had gone the other way.

We have to concentrate on our own matches. Basically, If we can get another 34 points from our last 18 games, 72 points will easily be enough to get us in the Top 4. That should be our target ..... and fook what any one else does.

It should also be remembered, we have great opportunities to gain points from our main rivals, because we still have to play Villa, spuds and L'pool ..... AT HOME!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby pears12 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 am

I not really happy that Liverpool beat Spurs mainly because I find there fans far more delusional than Spurs fans. My friend who is a Liverpool fan says oh Man City never develop young English or foreign players they just buy buy buy once they developed.. so as much as I hate saying it if we don't get 4th which is unlikely that we can fail I would want spurs to finish 4th over liverpool
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum