Congratulations to Aston Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Congratulations to Aston Villa

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 pm

See you at Wembley
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Congratulations to Aston Villa

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 pm

They looked good going forward tonight but conceding 4 against Blackburn who only had ten men leaves plenty of room for encouragement.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Would be nice city villa final. Will dunnie come and stand with us after we lift the trophy and join the party
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Would be nice city villa final. Will dunnie come and stand with us after we lift the trophy and join the party

I would love to play them in the final...then we could give him the reception of the send off he never had but deserved
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 pm

What you talking about Wooders, there's still 22 mins to go?

Edit: Just heard the commentators say 'Robinson for the summer maybe?' after he flew out to intercept a wayward ball. Didn't they notice the 5 that have gone past him?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Interesting thread running on VillaTalk about who they want in the final.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... ic&t=59085

We are losing by 60 odd % to 30 odd %. Surprised really, I thought they'd prefer a Barry/Dunne rematch.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 am

Cheers for the link MRM...It was interesting and like you I'm a bit suprised at some of the views.
A bit of money jealousy
A lot of barry animosity.
Quite a lot thinking we are a harder game for them.
...and a fair few reckoning that the rags would play their reserves.

Funny when you read what strangers say about City...like eavesdropping.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 am

Can't believe I went to bed in half time. Missed a cracker it seems put I could hardly get sleep night before after the Derby win.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Trautmann » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 am

I watched the whole thing with a mix of amazement and delight. Amazement at the sloppy defending, delighted that we get to play against a leaky defence, if we get through. Next Wednesday is the real final, as far as I am concerned. Villa couldn't hold off either team.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Interesting thread running on VillaTalk about who they want in the final.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... ic&t=59085

We are losing by 60 odd % to 30 odd %. Surprised really, I thought they'd prefer a Barry/Dunne rematch.

We would be harder in the final and they know it :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 13021J » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 am

Was hoping Balckburn could do it last night but I would still fancy us against a team with a Dunne/Collins CB pairing!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Can't believe I went to bed in half time. Missed a cracker it seems put I could hardly get sleep night before after the Derby win.

I turned Spurs v Wigan off at 3-1 as I presumed it was game over....missing the subsequent 6 goals

Same with Mali v Angola the other week....2-0 and I turned over....missing another 6

fucking halfwit that I am
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 am

They were very lucky last night, if the ref hadn't fucked up I reckon Blackburn would have scored again. They were totally in control and Villa looked dead & buried.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:28 am

Happy for Villa to get there. Only downside for us is that Villa will sell their allocation easy - we'd have had spares had Blackburn made it through

We have to get there now and join the party
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby villain » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 am

13021J wrote:Was hoping Balckburn could do it last night but I would still fancy us against a team with a Dunne/Collins CB pairing!

You're making the mistake of assuming we always defend like we did last night

We've conceded the lowest number of goals in the PL (along with Chelsea) - 18, and Collins and Dunne together have been absolutely superb (especially Dunne - how wrong were we about that signing?)

Hopefully, though, he'll play Dunne and Cuellar in the middle and restore Luke Young to RB, we'll be more solid defensively, and far more of an attacking threat down that side.

There's also the fact that Guzan had a stinker last night. Friedel will play in the final.

To be honest, it is wide open. I think on our day we can beat anybody (we've already won at Old Trafford - good to shake that monkey off our back, finally). Generally speaking, the better the opponents, the better we play. It is against the worst teams we struggle. We're far happier against teams who have a go at us.

I also think the three teams left are all capable of beating each other, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

I actualy would prefer to play United. I think you'll be more "up" for it than they will. I also don't even want to consider being on the losing side against a team with Barry in it (it's like a reverse Dunne for you lot, except with lots of acrimony from us).

Anyway, good luck in your semi, and hope you have as much fun as we did last night (the bizarrest match I've seen in 35 plus years of attending Villa Park).
villain
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 am

Villain youve been lucky that us and Blackburn have done our best to knock the best sides out for you.

;-)

I joke,i hope we are playing you in the final and agree we will be a harder game for you but dont think for one second Bacon will play his reserves they are DESPERATE for success,if they dont get it they are folding.

Were still so screwed on injuries etc its actually a joke if we beat the rags i hope we have our 100% first team ready for you and make it a final to remember oh and hope to see Barry dancing round Wembley with the cup on his bonce.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:15 am

villain wrote:
13021J wrote:Was hoping Balckburn could do it last night but I would still fancy us against a team with a Dunne/Collins CB pairing!

You're making the mistake of assuming we always defend like we did last night

We've conceded the lowest number of goals in the PL (along with Chelsea) - 18, and Collins and Dunne together have been absolutely superb (especially Dunne - how wrong were we about that signing?)

Nah mate, I think we all just know that Dunne can be immense (90%) of the time but fucking calamitous sometimes.....occasionally in massive games. We know this from bitter experience and I could see the dozy eedjit getting sent off in a cup final against City. It's almost as easy to forsee as Gareth Barry bottling it and going awol if he plays the fucking pussy assed bitch

So I sincerely hope that, should we get to Wembley, he is at the centre of your defence (and then in the showers on his own).

Congratulations though. If we make it it will be a fucking brilliant final.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum