Save Players For Swamp Or Best Line Up for Scunthorpe

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rest players in FA Cup or best team

Rest our best players
82%
Best side for both
18%

Total votes : 50

Re: Save Players For Swamp Or Best Line Up for Scunthorpe

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm

john68 wrote:Pick the team for Wednesday...That game is crucial...Give them ALL a rest. Unless there are players like Ireland or Vieira who need a run out.
Even with the injury list, we have a big enough squad to deal with Scunny. It is a great chance to ask some of those kids if they are good enough.

The one thing we will need on Wednesday apart from skill is fresh legs and fresh minds. The whole point of building a big squad was because of situations like this.

You're right chief... but its still so weird being so involved in every competition and its nearly Feb!!

I could get used to alright, but I can't say I have done yet!
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Play the strongest team we can.
We have a big enouh squad for it.
If we have our sights on the treble or at least a cup double we cant take any risks along the way and have to make sure we are going to beat them.
Getting Scunny is about as easy as we could have wished for so we should grab the chance thats been presented to us.
We have enough coming back to stuff them rag cunts next week even if we pick up a few injuries against Scunny.

I could be persuaded to agree with that line with Vieira, Ned, Bridge, Ireland, Ade all coming in.

With exception that we cannot afford to risk Tevez and Bellamy. Both we need badly on Weds and the way Tevez is wound up he's going to write history there!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sniffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:10 pm

What of Adebayor. Sky said he could be back for the second leg. If so he needs match time. I respect his situation of course but when is he back at the club and could he gat some time in this one.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm

john@staustell wrote:
If we have our sights on the treble or at least a cup double we cant take any risks along the way and have to make sure we are going to beat them.
Getting Scunny is about as easy as we could have wished for so we should grab the chance thats been presented to us.
We have enough coming back to stuff them rag cunts next week even if we pick up a few injuries against Scunny.

I could be persuaded to agree with that line with Vieira, Ned, Bridge, Ireland, Ade all coming in.

With exception that we cannot afford to risk Tevez and Bellamy. Both we need badly on Weds and the way Tevez is wound up he's going to write history there!

Your'e probably right about Carlos and Craig and I think Robson and Martin should maybe take their places.
But I do see this as a golden opportunity to get in the hat.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 pm

What the fuck????

We have treble in our sights? Get fucking real.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby blue wine » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 pm

--------------------------------------given----------------------------------------

Vidal-------------------Boyata---------------------Onuoha-------------Sylvinho

---------------------------------------Vieira or ibrahim-------------------------------------

weiss-------------------------------Ireland-------------------------------Petrov

------------------------Benjani or Mak---------------------Robinho----------------------
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 pm

as I said in the other thread about the team v The Irons:

Better a semi in the hand than a one in the bush!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

What the fuck????

You dont half like putting a dampner on things.
Are we mathematically out of it yet.
Do we have a team that can beat so far them rag cunts,Arse and Chelski.And we have a top 4 squad(I think you might have said yourself)
Let me dream.
I've been real loads of times,most of the time its boring
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Rest Tevez, bellers and de jong or barry.

Play which ever CB partnership will play against scum for game time. Although I think he'll play boyata, which is a bad move if he goes with Ned at old trafford.

Play petrov on the LEFT, Stevie, Vieira, and probably benjani and robinho (altho cant see robby doing much).

I'd also play garrido as I thought valencia was raping him a bit first half.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 pm

I would be surprised if Mancini didn't rest some players but be as clear as possible that we get through this one.

Those I would expect to play for fitness reasons are Nedum ,Ireland ,Vieira. For extra experience would be Boyata so maybe something like.
Given
Zabba,Richards,Boyata,Garrido
SWP,Ireland,Vieira,Petrov
Benjani,Robinho
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

What the fuck????

Do we have a team that can beat so far them rag cunts,Arse and Chelski.And we have a top 4 squad(I think you might have said yourself)
Let me dream.

YES, I do think we have squad capable of finishing in top 4 with bit of luck. NO, I do NOT think we are aiming for treble, or should be either. Personally I would like to us to concentrate on getting past rags next week and our first final in my time supporting city (we were of course in final 81 but I was two at the time). Alongside that target we should aim for top 4 finish. FA Cup is RIGHT NOW secondary for me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

What the fuck????

Let me dream.

YES, I do think we have squad capable of finishing in top 4 with bit of luck. NO, I do NOT think we are aiming for treble, or should be either. Personally I would like to us to concentrate on getting past rags next week and our first final in my time supporting city (we were of course in final 81 but I was two at the time). Alongside that target we should aim for top 4 finish. FA Cup is RIGHT NOW secondary for me.

That is possibly the worst shit you've ever posted mate.

Of course we should be aiming for the treble - we're not out of one of the competitions, are you for fucking real?

What happened to "ambition" "shoot for the stars and you'll hit the moon" etc??
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

What the fuck????

Let me dream.

That is possibly the worst shit you've ever posted mate.

Of course we should be aiming for the treble - we're not out of one of the competitions, are you for fucking real?

What happened to "ambition" "shoot for the stars and you'll hit the moon" etc??

Concentrate on getting to League Cup final and winning it. That would be more than enough for me for next decade. Anything else is just bonus.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah mate, that's called prioritizing... big difference between that and saying we shouldn't aim for the treble!!
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yeah mate, that's called prioritizing... big difference between that and saying we shouldn't aim for the treble!!

Aim, for me, is something you feel you have chance of achieving. Something realistic. Winning treble is no way realistic.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Antti mate,

In a very real sense, How do we NOT aim for the treble?
Do you deliberaterly set out to lose a couple to fuck things up?

The plain reality is that every time we take the field, we go out to WIN. If we happen to be playing the rags at the swamp in the Carling Cup semi final...and we win, we get to Wembley. When at Wembley, we try to win and if we do, we win the trophy.

The same applies in the FA Cup...we try to beat each team in each round and if successful, we win another trophy.

In the league...we try to win every game, if we win enough...we are champions.

Please explain how the fucl we aren't targetting the treble.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

john68 wrote:Antti mate,

The plain reality is that every time we take the field, we go out to WIN. If we happen to be playing the rags at the swamp in the Carling Cup semi final...and we win, we get to Wembley. When at Wembley, we try to win and if we do, we win the trophy.

The same applies in the FA Cup...we try to beat each team in each round and if successful, we win another trophy.

Of course. But truth is we will have to rest our best players at some stage and because of all the injuries/African nations cup, our second string isn't strong enough to win every game.

But I don't wish to argue about this as I'm sure we basically agree but I still think that if we are AIMING for treble and we fail to win all three competitions, which 99.9999999999999% sure will happen, people will only end up disappointed despite us (potentially) having had best season in my lifetime.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 pm

john68 wrote:Antti mate,

AGREED.

IT IS NOT BEYOND US TO WIN THE LC AND FA CUP AND GET INTO 4TH SPOT.
WE HAVE PLAYERS COMING BACK AND THE AQUAD IS GOOD ENOUGH............WITH A LITTLE LUCK ON NO MORE INJURYS AND A LUCKY DRAW AGAINST UNFASHIONABLE TEAMS WE CAN DO IT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Yes mate, I know we are in general agreement on this but it is necessary to point out that occasions of prioritising games due to fixture ciongestion etc are really quite few and far between. Generally they have little impact on a season.

I think it basically comes down to a question of capability...are we good enough?

...But as each game arrives, it is usual to field a side that is good enough to win and that is attempting to win.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby shawzy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Rest the best.
Too close to Wembley to be taking risks.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum