31,000 tickets for the final

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 31,000 tickets for the final

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 pm

ant london wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Scatman wrote:
ant london wrote:If we were to win, I think it all could be a bit too much

How many of you might shed some tiny tots tears? I reckon I might....I think I was a bit overwhelmed against Gillingham. The tension just being released

It won't happen. We'll lose the second leg. And even if we get to the final the winning goal will be a 40 yarder by our ex-captain, who will be the stand in captain for the day so he can lift the trophy.

If & when we finally win something, how long do you reckon it will take for the average fans' views to change from an expectation of glorious failure, to one of expectation we will get it right.

honestly. I think I am just hard wired to expect disappointment

I have joked about us winning it but deep down I am 95% sure we'll get knocked out

I can't actually decide whether I'd prefer to go out to the munes in the semi or lose the final. Both make me feel a bit sick.

Irrational fear completely as rationally I know we can progress past U***d AND win the final but I can't make myself stop thinking of the crushing feeling of failure and the fact that it is imminent

I share your view 100%

Do you reckon that will ever change, if we went on to become very successful, or have we lived with it for too long that for the likes of us, we will never be able to look forwards with expectation because of our past.

I think it will change for me eventually, but it will always be there to some extent
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:04 pm

How many of you might shed some tiny tots tears? I reckon I might....I think I was a bit overwhelmed against Gillingham. The tension just being released

As much as I can safetly say I'm not a cryer, its impossible to know what my immediate reaction will be if we go on to win this cup, especially given the way we had to get past our biggest rivals over two legs to do it.

Its a feeling I've never had before and the amount that comes with this cup is massive - a trophy, that poxy banner being stripped at OT and the winning mentality that will no doubt lift us into the top four.

It could just be too much...
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Ticket or no ticket if we get through i'll be in London come cup final day...if only to soak up the atmosphere
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby paulh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

im a first year season ticket holder but have loyalty points from previous seasons. Luckily if we do make final my brother works for a hedge fund in london who have a box on half way line with bar and personal chef. would much rather be in the stands but im promised seat in box
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby psut1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:31,000 doesn't add up does it, but better than an FA cup final.

However I seem to remember that a lot of those main stand seats at Wembley were sold on block to 'corporates' for the next umpteen years. Half of 'em don't even bother to turn up for the likes of a Carling Cup final, leaving a load of empty seats.

Piss up, brewery etc..

You can join club wembley and you get first dibs on them seats if the owners are not going
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ticket or no ticket if we get through i'll be in London come cup final day...if only to soak up the atmosphere

I have booked my flight and will descend on Manchester on 25th Feb and come back to france on 2nd March.....

I just couldnt take the gamble on missing out if we get there. Next problem will be trying to get a dad and lad ticket! I am open to legend status bribery ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby halfpenny » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Do you think it'd get down to 1500 if we got there? Only been able to afford a ST for two years and I've been to a lot of the cup matches inc. UEFA last year.
halfpenny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Been to every home cup match and wouldn't miss the final if we made it that far.. Getting in on my nans second season ticket as usual.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 pm

halfpenny wrote:Do you think it'd get down to 1500 if we got there? Only been able to afford a ST for two years and I've been to a lot of the cup matches inc. UEFA last year.

I think you would be lucky to get one at that level of points mate, good luck though as you never know.

36k season ticket holders.
Wonderwall

Postby halfpenny » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
halfpenny wrote:Do you think it'd get down to 1500 if we got there? Only been able to afford a ST for two years and I've been to a lot of the cup matches inc. UEFA last year.

I think you would be lucky to get one at that level of points mate, good luck though as you never know.

A lot of them will be kids though and not all of them will be going down. I remain in hope. Not even all the adults will make the trip for financial/timing reasons too
What you have to also take into account is how many points of the seasoncard holders are first-years, considering there was a big rise from last year's figures. I think I'd get one personally.
halfpenny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

A lot of woodwork will be crawled out of.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

halfpenny wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

A lot of them will be kids though and not all of them will be going down. I remain in hope. Not even all the adults will make the trip for financial/timing reasons too
What you have to also take into account is how many points of the seasoncard holders are first-years, considering there was a big rise from last year's figures. I think I'd get one personally.

you are probably right mate, I didnt factor the kids thing into it, but I know if I was a season ticket holder I would not miss it for the world and would drag my kids with me.

I have loads of points but no season ticket as I gave it up in the 2007/8 season. Getting another one next year though, do you think they will show me some leniency and slip a ticket to me? I can live in hope!
Wonderwall

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

None of you have any chance....Gillie is taking his kids...that's our allocation sorted then!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby fees » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I am still sitting with tickets for Istanbul after last years Waffa final. Someone on here mentioned that you could buy tickets as a neutral and there ended up being so many spare tickets after City got knocked out. I learnt my lesson last year as those tickets cost me a fortune and was serious waste if I look back.

This year I will wait till Thursday morning and then make a phone call to the sales rep at Umbro South Africa. Thats the best I could do.....
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Scatman wrote:

It won't happen. We'll lose the second leg. And even if we get to the final the winning goal will be a 40 yarder by our ex-captain, who will be the stand in captain for the day so he can lift the trophy.

I'm half with you. Since before the first leg, my feeling has been that we'll make the final and lose to a Dunne goal. I'll then have a miserable drive home and be hundreds of quid out of pocket.

I think I preferred it when we went out at the first opportunity - at last that disappointment was manageable
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Scatman wrote:

I'm half with you. Since before the first leg, my feeling has been that we'll make the final and lose to a Dunne goal. I'll then have a miserable drive home and be hundreds of quid out of pocket.

I think I preferred it when we went out at the first opportunity - at last that disappointment was manageable

lol, fucking wierd bunch us city fans, bet half would agree with you
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:57 pm

For what it's worth John I've been wondering what the answer to your question is for a few days as I'll have enough points but not sure about my lad who's had one for 2 and a half seasons

I'll save worrying about it till after next Wed eh?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lythamblue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

psut1 wrote:Of that 31000 we firstly have to give tickets to our players, staff, sponsors and corporates that will take it down to around 27-27500 and we have around 34000 season ticket holders. I think first year st holders would be very lucky to get one

Whilst I think you are about right with the 27K that would actually go on sale, I don't think we have 34000 season ticket holders, I reckon it's about 30,0000. Of which, I reckon at least 10% will not take up their allocation due to high cost of tickets (£70), transport, work, holidays, other issues etc. Therefore, I reckon most, if not all season ticket holders would be OK for a ticket.

We have about 3000 corporates, that would get theirs within the 31K-27K allocation.

I only hope we end up having all the aggro and have longed for the day on here that we have a massive thread moaning about distribution of Cup Final tickets!!!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm

john68 wrote:None of you have any chance....Gillie is taking his kids...that's our allocation sorted then!

Yes and dont forget old man i will have a new Grandson by then lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am

Just think positive. City are going to score at O.T., they're going to win at O.T., they're going to Wembley, it will be a sunny day, a great day out (or in my case a weekend flying in and back again in 3 days), Dunne will get ripped for pace by Adebayor and Bellamy, City will beat Villa 3-0, and this is the start of winning things every season.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum