An old lady discusses Chiellini and Amauri transfers at City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

An old lady discusses Chiellini and Amauri transfers at City

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 pm

The headline is a bit unfortunate, but the rumour may just be interesting!

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/32 ... tions.aspx

City invite Old Lady official to discuss transfer options

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has reportedly invited Juventus representative David Lippi to the Eastlands stadium to discuss the availability of defender Giorgio Chiellini and Amauri according to Tuttosport.

Mancini is a know admirer of both players and City have been strongly linked with Chiellini since the Abu Dhabi United Group took over in August 2008. Juventus are reportedly un-willing to sell one of their most prized assets but may consider an out of the ordinary offer.

Forward Amauri, who was signed from Palermo for 22 million euros has only scored four goals this season and has struggled for form since his move to Turin in May 2008. Mancini was interested in signing the 29-year-old forward while he was at Inter but he missed out on the physical forward to Juventus.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is the only other English Premier League manager to have been linked with both players in the last 2 years. It is unlikely Wenger will move for either player while City are interested, but the Frenchman is still looking to sign a forward in the January window.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: An old lady discusses Chiellini and Amauri transfers at City

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Amauri is poo. Wouldn't mind uber-nose Chiellini though
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby xavi6 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Amauri has been shit this year and he's pushin 30. No thanks.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm

xavi6 wrote:Amauri has been shit this year and he's pushin 30. No thanks.

He was always shit! Just had one decent season just like ........never mind.

Chiellini would be more than welcome, although in past few seasons he has been increasingly prone to fuck ups.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Amauri has been shit this year and he's pushin 30. No thanks.

He was always shit! Just had one decent season just like ........never mind.

Chiellini would be more than welcome, although in past few seasons he has been increasingly prone to fuck ups.

haha....excellent restraint

that roqued!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby blue wine » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm

i like Chiellini, watch him afew times this season..going forward world class..but getting back hes abit weak..but bobby will get that sorted!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Chiellini yes, Amauri...no thanks.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Chiellini's rep is obviously great & he must have something but I've never seen him have a particularly good game & funnily enough Amauri made him his bitch when he played against him before signing for Juve, probably on the strength of it.

I'd be happy to sign either or both.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Amauri no thanks! We can get better than him and we dont need him.

Chiellini on the other hand! Yes please!!

What a player and just what we need. That extra stability at the back and he is a player that will be flying in for most challenges and most of the time will win the ball.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Chiellini's rep is obviously great & he must have something but I've never seen him have a particularly good game & funnily enough Amauri made him his bitch when he played against him before signing for Juve, probably on the strength of it.

Chiellini is the only light in a so far disastrous season for Juventus, and he's often left exposed by his partners in the backline, but he's often managed to save them from conceding a goal, even if he's not Superman and can't keep them afloat on his own, so they eventually concede all the same. Amauri, who was great for them last season, has so far scored only four goals in the league, and has been geenrally poor in his performances, so much that most of those who wanted him in the Italy team for the WC this summer (thanks to his wife's Italian relatives, or something like that) are now disappeared.

Believe me, he may be a big lad and we might use one now, but we don't want Amauri.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Chiellini's rep is obviously great & he must have something but I've never seen him have a particularly good game & funnily enough Amauri made him his bitch when he played against him before signing for Juve, probably on the strength of it.

Chiellini is the only light in a so far disastrous season for Juventus, and he's often left exposed by his partners in the backline, but he's often managed to save them from conceding a goal, even if he's not Superman and can't keep them afloat on his own, so they eventually concede all the same. Amauri, who was great for them last season, has so far scored only four goals in the league, and has been geenrally poor in his performances, so much that most of those who wanted him in the Italy team for the WC this summer (thanks to his wife's Italian relatives, or something like that) are now disappeared.

Believe me, he may be a big lad and we might use one now, but we don't want Amauri.

Chiellini Yes. Amauri no.

Not sure ESPN are showing Juve on this free for all ESPN weekend. I know they are showing Milan v Inter. So we could certainly get a look at a few of the mooted signings.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:08 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

Well it's only for a stop gap I'd want him but I'd still be happy to sign him if we can't get anyone better in. I'm not sure about the prospects for Roque & Ade & I think if they don't produce for whatever reason we'll struggle to get top 4 without a genuine CF. Like I said, never seen Chiellini have a great game but I accept he must have something because everyone says he has.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Chiellini Yes. Amauri no.

Not sure ESPN are showing Juve on this free for all ESPN weekend. I know they are showing Milan v Inter. So we could certainly get a look at a few of the mooted signings.

I'll be able to report on both of them as Juve meet Roma on Saturday night in Turin, and I'll definitely watch that match ;)
CityFanFromRome

Return to The Maine Football forum