Liverpool res 3 - 3 City Res

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Liverpool res 3 - 3 City Res

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 pm

I only know the score because the missus told me, god knows how she knows!

Anyone know any more?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Liverpool res 3 - 3 City Res

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Spearing with a low drive from the edge of box. 1-0 15mins

Mak curled in at the far post. 1-1 24 mins

Pacheco 2-1 30mins

HT

2-2 Nimley 63minutes

2-3, 2 goals in a minute, fast break exposed liverpool for both goals

3-3 Saric 92mins

cannot find our line up anywhere, scorers from RAWK
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:33 pm

from OS but still no line up
City’s second string emerged from winter hibernation to produce one of their best performances of the season in a 3-3 draw at Liverpool.

Having been thwarted by the weather and been confined to the training ground since the Senior Cup romp over Bury on December 15, the Blues emerged full of vim and vigour for their top of the table shoot out with the Anfield men.

Twice in the first half City fell behind but goals from Donal McDermott, Alex Nimely – who scored a hat-trick on his last outing - and James Poole were enough to catapult the visitors into the lead until a late equaliser kept the Anfield men on top of the pile in the race for the title.
Wonderwall

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:from OS but still no line up
City’s second string emerged from winter hibernation to produce one of their best performances of the season in a 3-3 draw at Liverpool.

Having been thwarted by the weather and been confined to the training ground since the Senior Cup romp over Bury on December 15, the Blues emerged full of vim and vigour for their top of the table shoot out with the Anfield men.

Twice in the first half City fell behind but goals from Donal McDermott, Alex Nimely – who scored a hat-trick on his last outing - and James Poole were enough to catapult the visitors into the lead until a late equaliser kept the Anfield men on top of the pile in the race for the title.

Nimely's surely got to be close to getting a call up to the first team squad soon. He seems to have been scoring a lot in the reserves. Anyone seen much of him?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:from OS but still no line up

Nimely's surely got to be close to getting a call up to the first team squad soon. He seems to have been scoring a lot in the reserves. Anyone seen much of him?

reading the scouse boards, they said they couldnt handle his pace! pace and goals, good combination.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:02 pm

I have seen Nimely a few times and have never thought of him as quick. That doesnt mean he is slow though. He is a striker with a good touch but I wouldnt say he is near the first team yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I have seen Nimely a few times and have never thought of him as quick. That doesnt mean he is slow though. He is a striker with a good touch but I wouldnt say he is near the first team yet.

Maybe Mancini will have seem him tonight and will play him against Scunthorpe to show his belief in young talent and confound me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 am

I've just seen it on Liverpool tv. We played some proper shite & some lovely football in equal measures. None of them look fully fledged 1st team material yet but neither were Scholes & co when they started for rags. In the right game with the right players around them I'm sure 1 or 2 could come on & do ok.

Nimely played on his own up top v Ayala so had a difficult time but did ok & left them trailing for his goal. Mak played out wide both sides, did ok scored lovely goal. McDermott was bobbins to start with then suddenly became excellent. Don't know what to make of him. Sometimes he looks nothing, then looks a bit special. Definitely has talent & maybe more than he shows.

Poole has impressed me every time I've seen him. Just looks a quality player who could perhaps thrive with top players around him. Whether he's physically up to future PL or whether he'll end up as Nigel Clough I don't know but he's got class. I could imagine if everything went right for him, he could be a Scholes type player but we'll see.

For anyone with Sky, I think Ltv are re showing it so you could watch/record it tomorrow (afternoon I think) have a look on the schedule.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 am

lineup is here lads

http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/liverpool-res-away/

Good site for reserve and academy info.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I have seen Nimely a few times and have never thought of him as quick. That doesnt mean he is slow though. He is a striker with a good touch but I wouldnt say he is near the first team yet.

the feller who does the Academy and reserves blog seems to rate him. Talked to someone who goes regularily to Academy and reserve games last season and at the time he thought Nimley was excellent talent but he was bit on/off during the games and needed to find some consistency.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby stockportblue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Not seen Nimley as much this season as I did last year.Of the relatively little I have seen of him thi syear not seen a great deal of development but young players can develop in fits and starts-Boyata being a good example.

Last season I htought he was one of the most impressive in the under 18 side-developed from looking like a greedy striker at the start of the season into an a more rounded player and a very good team player as well as a goalscorer.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 am

I watched the game yesterday on LFC TV and we were very lucky not to be 3 or 4-1 down at HT. Liverpool pretty much ran the show and it was interesting to see the youngsters employing the zonal tactics. Liverpool had a very strong line up in comparison to our lads. The second half was a completely different story, we look calm and composed on the ball and deserved the two goals and could have had more. We took all our goals very well too. Good to see us up there at the top end of the table with the kids when Liverpool play such a strong reserve side.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

the feller who does the Academy and reserves blog seems to rate him. Talked to someone who goes regularily to Academy and reserve games last season and at the time he thought Nimley was excellent talent but he was bit on/off during the games and needed to find some consistency.

Let's not get into black and white about him. He is a talent and that's part of the reason he made the England squad for that recent tournament but as yet he isn't ready for the first team.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum