Canales update - City in Spain Thursday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Canales update - City in Spain Thursday

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:39 am

So now we know who these 'City representatives' are, though it may be a waste of private jet fuel. Marca reckons Real have given Canales' dad an ultimatum to accept there offer. Meanwhile over at AS:

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbo ... iftb_6/Tes

Sergio Canales has practically decided that his future will be at the Bernabeu after his formation at Santander. Nevertheless, the strongest teams of the Premier wont give in. In fact, several City emisaries travelled to Santander yesterday morning to offer a huge amount of money with one objective, that he signs a 'galactico' contract immediately.

The sporting director of the English club, Mike Rigg (?) and the finance director, Graham Wallace, arrived at Parayas airport at 11.55am in a private jet, with AS as the only witness [i](there is a photo)
and had 2 separate meetings with Racing president Francisco Pernia and the players agent and father Angel Canales.

The first meeting was with Pernia at El sardinero at 1pm. The City directors offered Racing all type of facilities and good terms for them to convince Canales. They would pay a healthy fee, more than other offers, and would lend Canales back to Racing for 1 year. Pernia like dthis idea as it would make a big impact on the needy funds of the club.

An hour and a half later, Rigg and Wallace met Angel Canales for lunch. They all knew each other because, as the paper informed you yesterday, the player's father was in Manchester a few days ago to see the City and it's facilities, and allegedly putting an end to the chance of him going to the Premier. But out of courtesy he received them yesterday. And not for nothing. The City Board offered a long contract to counter the glamour (hiss) of Chelsea or the potential of Real. 4 or 5 yeras with a salary starting at 1.5 million euros and ending at 3 million.

In any case, and although it's been suggested that Canales wont renew with Racing and that he would study ways of leaving Santander but give them a good fee, everything points to the player signing a new and bigger contract with Santander in the coming days and then he will say 'yes' to Madrid.[/i]

Sergio Canales tiene prácticamente decidido que su futuro pasará por el Bernabéu tras formarse primero en Santander. Sin embargo, los equipos más fuertes de la Premier no se rinden. De hecho, varios emisarios del Manchester City viajaron ayer por la mañana a la capital de Cantabria para ofrecer un dineral al jugador con un objetivo prioritario: que firme un contrato galáctico de inmediato.

El director deportivo del club inglés, Mike Rigg, y el director financiero, Graham Wallace, llegaron al aeropuerto cántabro de Parayas a las 11:55 en un jet privado, con AS como único testigo, y mantuvieron dos reuniones (por separado), con el presidente del Racing, Francisco Pernía, y el agente y padre del jugador, Ángel Canales.

La primera de las citas fue con Pernía en El Sardinero a eso de las 13:00 horas. Los dirigentes del City ofrecieron al club verdiblanco todo tipo de facilidades y buenas condiciones para que convenzan a Canales. Aceptarían pagar un suculento traspaso, superando la propuesta de aquel equipo que más pague, y ven con buenos ojos dejar cedido al futbolista un año en el Racing. A Pernía le agrada esta oferta porque dejaría una gran huella en las necesitadas arcas del club.

Una hora y media después, Rigg y Wallace se vieron con Ángel Canales para comer. Todos se conocen porque, como informó ayer este diario, el padre del mediapunta estuvo en Manchester hace días para ver la ciudad y conocer sus instalaciones, poniendo así fin a su casting por la Premier. Aún así, por caballerosidad, aceptó recibirlos de nuevo ayer. Y no era para menos. La cúpula directiva del City le ofreció un contrato largo para contrarrestar el glamour del Chelsea o el potencial del Madrid: cuatro o cinco años, con un salario que partiría de los 1,5 millones de euros y que acabaría siendo de tres.

Avance.
De todas formas, y aunque se ha especulado con la idea de que Canales no iba a renovar con el Racing y que estudiaría otras fórmulas para que le fiche un grande y siga cedido en el conjunto cántabro (regateando así a Lendoiro, en cuyo poder está el 50% de su venta), todo apunta a que en los próximos días ampliará su contrato en Santander y luego dirá 'sí' al Madrid.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Canales update - City in Spain Thursday

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 am

Let's hope we can sway him, although I doubt it.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

He'll regret it if he doesn't come...

And I'd say the same about most players who are in his position, at his age and with other big clubs wanting him. Now is his chance to sign a mega deal with a club that will be in the champions league by the time he comes.

More chance of definite first team starts and if its meant to be, he can always move in the future, because Real won't be scared to splash out. However, players who get spat out from Real, don't tend to get the same treatment...
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 am

This is not going to happen is it...the young lad is obviously wanting Madrid...in a few years perhaps we will have more pulling power for these young starlets
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 am

Original Dub wrote:He'll regret it if he doesn't come...

And I'd say the same about most players who are in his position, at his age and with other big clubs wanting him. Now is his chance to sign a mega deal with a club that will be in the champions league by the time he comes.

More chance of definite first team starts and if its meant to be, he can always move in the future, because Real won't be scared to splash out. However, players who get spat out from Real, don't tend to get the same treatment...

Mike Rigg is a Hughes appointment (no agenda here) heads up scouting
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm

What happened to the alleged agreement Real and City suppose to have, about not chasing the other teams targets. I'm sure I read a thread on this board about it
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:What happened to the alleged agreement Real and City suppose to have, about not chasing the other teams targets. I'm sure I read a thread on this board about it

Yeah, but if such a pact was up, this time we would be the ones to have breached it, as Real got to the lad first.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:42 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:What happened to the alleged agreement Real and City suppose to have, about not chasing the other teams targets. I'm sure I read a thread on this board about it

Yeah, but if such a pact was up, this time we would be the ones to have breached it, as Real got to the lad first.

Only if the story is true. If he's so set on going to Real & his dad's already been to Manchester a few days ago, why is he meeting us?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Only if the story is true. If he's so set on going to Real & his dad's already been to Manchester a few days ago, why is he meeting us?

to get more money out of RM, of course. it's a negotiation. if someone wanted to offer me a job for double my current salary with a better employment contract why wouldn't i at least listen?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum