Garry Cook

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Garry Cook

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook has insisted that the club are going to be the 'biggest' in the world.

City have made little secret of their intentions, following Sheikh Mansour's takeover of the club.

The club broke the British transfer record soon after Mansour took charge in 2008, and have since gone on to spend more than £120million in new players alone.

Cook was addressing a fans' forum in New York, and he told a buoyant crowd that he had little doubts the club would become the world's best.

"This football club is, without doubt, going to be the biggest and best football club in the world," Cook said.

"I will make no excuses for saying it, as I truly believe it - with the resources and capabilities we have."

Carling
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Garry Cook

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm

He also said "we'll be in Wembley WHEN we beat Manchester united AGAIN."

Jesus Garry, you're like that mad uncle that everyone knows is only ever moments away from another gaff.

But you're still our unlce gazza...
Original Dub

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:He also said "we'll be in Wembley WHEN we beat Manchester U***d AGAIN."

Jesus Garry, you're like that mad uncle that everyone knows is only ever moments away from another gaff.

Well if we fuck up on Wednesday the newspaper headlines are already writen.

Wish he wouldn't say these things sometimes myself.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Original Dub wrote:He also said "we'll be in Wembley WHEN we beat Manchester U***d AGAIN."

Well if we fuck up on Wednesday the newspaper headlines are already writen.

Wish he wouldn't say these things sometimes myself.

I'm with you mate...

Mad uncle I tells ya!!
Original Dub

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Well chaps....at least he didn't say "Manchester United will be the biggest club" !! ; )
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blootoof » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Well chaps....at least he didn't say "Manchester U***d will be the biggest club" !! ; )

;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Stupid Fking rag bitch hovering in the background with her scarf and a Daily Mirror

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Stupid Fking rag bitch hovering in the background with her scarf and a Daily Mirror

and a scouser!

why?

why the fuck would go to an opposition fan club meeting wearing rival colours?
i wouldnt even go wearing no colours.........

obsessed?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:25 pm

also , when i saw this on ssn this morning i was cringing.
why the fuck do some people have to spout shit like this. i personally thought it was embarassing and if the things he is saying dont come true he is going to look an even bigger cunt.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm

9secondlegend wrote:also , when i saw this on ssn this morning i was cringing.
why the fuck do some people have to spout shit like this. i personally thought it was embarassing and if the things he is saying dont come true he is going to look an even bigger cunt.

He's like our Dave Whelan...."Roberto Martinez is the best manager in football" after their 2-0 win at Villa on the opening day...

Rags....Lost 5-1
Blackpool...lost 4-1
Arsenal....Lost 4-0
Porstmouth...Lost 4-0
Spurs...lost 9-1
Rags...lost 5-0

Manx Blue

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Talk about give a dog a bad name...
He goes abraod and shouts to the World about our ambitions. He talks us up and some of you cringe.

Would you rather he said nothing and we were quietly ignored? Or would you wish him to say that we might avoid relegation?

GOOD ON YER GARRY LAD...YOU KEEP SHOUTING HOW GOOD MY CLUB IS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 pm

9secondlegend wrote:also , when i saw this on ssn this morning i was cringing.

not possible
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm

john68 wrote:Talk about give a dog a bad name...
He goes abraod and shouts to the World about our ambitions. He talks us up and some of you cringe.

Would you rather he said nothing and we were quietly ignored? Or would you wish him to say that we might avoid relegation?

GOOD ON YER GARRY LAD...YOU KEEP SHOUTING HOW GOOD MY CLUB IS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN.

i agree. i dunno what it would take to satisfy some people wrt "Uncle Gazza" but i think he's ok. prone to a gaff, seemingly out of his league. City legend in the making.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i agree. i dunno what it would take to satisfy some people wrt "Uncle Gazza" but i think he's ok. prone to a gaff, seemingly out of his league. City legend in the making.

cheers

That's the joys of mad uncle Gazza mate- I don't want him to open his mouth, but everytime he does it creates a stir and he's fast becoming the Kevin Keegan of Chief Execs, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing at all!

Good on ya uncle Gazza, your heart's in the right place.... I just hope it doesn't bite you in the ass come Wed night!!
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

It tooK quite a few posts before I came to one that was right IMO

FUCKING WELL SAID GARRY

HARD NOSE BUSINESS MAN AND SOME PASSION AS WELL - AND DO YER KNOW WHAT - YOU ARE RIGHT!!

HERES ONE FAN THAT APPRECIATES PASSION IN OUR CHAIRMAN RATHER THAN SOME FUCKING PUSSY
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:04 pm

On a couple of occasions, GC has made gaffs and the World jumps on him.
For the rest of the time, he works quietly and unseen on the club's behalf. Nobody poffers any credit for that side of things.

You complain about the media sensationalising and vilifying things around the club, yet you do the self same thing yourselves.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Just to add... my brother was at this event last night and he said he went to pay for his pint when the barman goes "your friend Gary is looking after that". Thats pretty good in my book.

I don't think he has said anything out-of-order by talking us up the way.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Well said that man .
America is a Fookin big place You need to shout or you will not be heard ,
carolina-blue

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:Just to add... my brother was at this event last night and he said he went to pay for his pint when the barman goes "your friend Gary is looking after that". Thats pretty good in my book.

I don't think he has said anything out-of-order by talking us up the way.

Need to get him down my local then!!

Manx Blue

Return to The Maine Football forum