Training Saturday 23/1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Saturday 23/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:20 pm

A 3 pm start today before the set of for the delights of Scunthorpe. The same players out there today minus Bridge. I am told just a precaution and no injury issue and the same with Given who wasn't there today again either.

Not a massive amount to report on after today's session which followed similar lines as yesterday. Movements around the pitch as a team followed by some jogging and loosening up before they moved into some football play with 4 5 a side nets to score in and looking for plenty of quick passing and switching of the play. While I was watching this and talking to one of the fitness coaches Lewis got round closer to the action and even closer to Brian Kidd! Now Lewis knows exactly how to tie the Mancini knot in his scarf and also had a first word with him about coaching! can't be bad.

Before going into a final football workout they did some exercises close to the fencing with some emphasis on explosive movements and then a 5 a side game for some whilst others went away with Mancini to do some more specific work. The 5 a side was fairly frenetic as you might expect with loads of goals and plenty to be heard from Bellers! Mancini was doing work on defending from corners as well as those free kicks curled into the far post and then more on forward movements.

The whole session was only about an hour as they were intending to leave for Scunny at about 5. Tevez was the last man out there and he was really being put thru a very tough work out. Some fast twiting movements outside the box and then spinning into the box to meet a ball and have a shot. He was knackered at the end and it definitely made me think he would be resting tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 23/1

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Top stuff Doug lad, any news as when to we can expect Lescott to be in contention for a place in the squad?
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Goataldo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Good stuff as per.

Tomorrow will be very interesting, can't help but think that they might have more than an eye on Wed night. Especially if Everton wasd anything to go by!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Dougie, any ideas on the team for tomorrow?

If you can't post it on here, PM me with it and I won't tell anyone else ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:01 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Top stuff Doug lad, any news as when to we can expect Lescott to be in contention for a place in the squad?

Lescott might start training fully next week so next weekend is a vague possibility but if the other centre backs are still fit I expect he would be given a bit longer
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Dougie, any ideas on the team for tomorrow?

If you can't post it on here, PM me with it and I won't tell anyone else ;-)

Can't be sure with Mancini so far but I would be surprised if 1 or 2 aren't rested. 3 I would expect to get a game are Petrov , Ireland and Robinho although Ireland was struggling a bit today with an injury. With a little mix and matching it will all be down to being positive and profesional and we will get through I am sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Great report as usual Doug!
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby play like we dream » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:25 pm

We depend on your reports for the best insights into the preparedness and mood of the camp. So honoured that you do this for us. Do you think Mancini is more practically involved in training than Hughes?
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Top stuff Doug lad, any news as when to we can expect Lescott to be in contention for a place in the squad?

Lescott might start training fully next week so next weekend is a vague possibility but if the other centre backs are still fit I expect he would be given a bit longer

Nice one Doug.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 pm

play like we dream wrote:We depend on your reports for the best insights into the preparedness and mood of the camp. So honoured that you do this for us. Do you think Mancini is more practically involved in training than Hughes?

I believe that Dougie has both Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreements he signed with Mark Bowen which would preclude him from answering that question regarding any of the alleged "Taffia" staff.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 pm

nice 1 doug, but going to scunny tonight, bloody hell there are in for a shock
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:28 pm

play like we dream wrote:We depend on your reports for the best insights into the preparedness and mood of the camp. So honoured that you do this for us. Do you think Mancini is more practically involved in training than Hughes?

I have no doubt at all that the 2 managers will have been fully responsible for the tactics/selection and the training plans but when it comes to the actual training Mancini is very hands on compared to Hughes who was always there but mostly watching with occasional direct involvement.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby giokingkladze » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Any chance of bridge being back for Wednesday? I hope we're not relying on garrido again against valencia
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A 3 pm start today before the set of for the delights of Scunthorpe. The same players out there today minus Bridge. I am told just a precaution and no injury issue and the same with Given who wasn't there today again either.

Not a massive amount to report on after today's session which followed similar lines as yesterday. Movements around the pitch as a team followed by some jogging and loosening up before they moved into some football play with 4 5 a side nets to score in and looking for plenty of quick passing and switching of the play. While I was watching this and talking to one of the fitness coaches Lewis got round closer to the action and even closer to Brian Kidd! Now Lewis knows exactly how to tie the Mancini knot in his scarf and also had a first word with him about coaching! can't be bad.

Before going into a final football workout they did some exercises close to the fencing with some emphasis on explosive movements and then a 5 a side game for some whilst others went away with Mancini to do some more specific work. The 5 a side was fairly frenetic as you might expect with loads of goals and plenty to be heard from Bellers! Mancini was doing work on defending from corners as well as those free kicks curled into the far post and then more on forward movements.

The whole session was only about an hour as they were intending to leave for Scunny at about 5. Tevez was the last man out there and he was really being put thru a very tough work out. Some fast twiting movements outside the box and then spinning into the box to meet a ball and have a shot. He was knackered at the end and it definitely made me think he would be resting tomorrow.

I hope that was the Scarf the little b*gger was gifted by me this week !

Otherwise he's in trouble....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm

zuricity wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A 3 pm start today before the set of for the delights of Scunthorpe. The same players out there today minus Bridge. I am told just a precaution and no injury issue and the same with Given who wasn't there today again either.

Haha it certainly was mate and i am very grateful for it. I am now part of the italian crew!

I hope that was the Scarf the little b*gger was gifted by me this week !

Otherwise he's in trouble....
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I have no doubt at all that the 2 managers will have been fully responsible for the tactics/selection and the training plans but when it comes to the actual training Mancini is very hands on compared to Hughes who was always there but mostly watching with occasional direct involvement.

I asked you a similar question a while ago, but because I was called away I didn't have chance to read your reply. I'm sure you would've replied mate and apologise for not reading it.

Better start looking back through the threads I think!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Cheers for that Doug, top report as always.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 pm

great reading your reports doug ,so you reckon stevie, petrov and robbie to play ,how was robbie today ??any sign of pat?the lazy fcuking frog !! love him to play weds,he fcuking hates the scum
whats the news on a pass for you doug ?
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:55 pm

giokingkladze wrote:Any chance of bridge being back for Wednesday? I hope we're not relying on garrido again against valencia

its pissing me off reading this. Gaz hasn't put a foot wrong since he came in. i can think of numerous mistakes bridge has made that led to a goal though.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby giokingkladze » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 pm

I agree that Garrido has done alright in Bridge's absence but Valencia was left in acres of space on a few occasions on Tuesday. Until Rooney started running the show for them in the last 20 mins, I thought Valencia was one of their best players and personally, I just feel more confident with Bridge at left back. It's no different to how I'd feel more confident with Lescott and Toure in the middle instead of Micah and Vinnie, who have both also done well since they've come in
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum