Marco Motta

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Marco Motta

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

His agent is in manchester now discussing the final details of the loan move.

It is expected to be completed in a next few days!

SSN.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Blue Blood wrote:His agent is in manchester now discussing the final details of the loan move.

SSN.

I know it doesn't really matter (as it seems that there is definitely some foundation to this story) but does "SSN understands....." or did they just report this?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

ant london wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:His agent is in manchester now discussing the final details of the loan move.

SSN.

I know it doesn't really matter (as it seems that there is definitely some foundation to this story) but does "SSN understands....." or did they just report this?

An Italian based Sky reporter has said this. He said his agent is in Manchester today discussing the deal, no speculation he was very definate. This one looks nailed on.
Blue Blood

Postby Beeks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 am

Blue Blood wrote:definate

tut
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:00 am

Can never understand this 'if we sign so-and-so what happens to whoever' attitude. It's all about squad. These Mancini signings like Vieira are nothing to do with the Carling Cup. He wants to get up the league as far as possible and go the distance in the FA cup.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 am

Not FA Cup ties so that helps, but I'm thinking we need signings further up the pitch if Robinho does pi$$ off elsewhere. A striker is a must-have given Santa Cruz "Darren Anderton" impression.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 am

john@staustell wrote:Can never understand this 'if we sign so-and-so what happens to whoever' attitude. It's all about squad. These Mancini signings like Vieira are nothing to do with the Carling Cup. He wants to get up the league as far as possible and go the distance in the FA cup.

Agreed, plus i'm pretty sure 90% of the board was crying out for a new RB earlier this season. Finally we are getting one (hopefully) surely it can only be a good thing.
Blue Blood

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:definate

tut

gobbled it up
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 am

Well I guess I'll see Marco play his last game for Roma for this season tonight then, in the Coppa Italia tie against Catania. Unless he's already leaving for Manchester when the game is played. Anyway, this seems really nailed on, in the past two days Italian papers have all reported the news of him coming to City on loan.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 am

M147WN wrote:I can only think of 1 Italian defender ever to play in the prem and thats Dosena at scouse 1. He's shit!
Italian defenders are completely untried in this country and for that reason I would steer well clear!

As for Italians in general i can think of quite a few forwards who've played here and some have done really well but as i said i can only think of 1 defender. Maybe there's been more? .. I can't think of any!

Titus Bramble is shit. I don't think we should ever sign English defender.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
M147WN wrote:I can only think of 1 Italian defender ever to play in the prem and thats Dosena at scouse 1. He's shit!
Italian defenders are completely untried in this country and for that reason I would steer well clear!

As for Italians in general i can think of quite a few forwards who've played here and some have done really well but as i said i can only think of 1 defender. Maybe there's been more? .. I can't think of any!

Titus Bramble is shit. I don't think we should ever sign English defender.

Now I know where M147WN is coming from, but very well pointed out NQDP and I totally agree. Dosena for any club in any league will always be shit. Now Im not backing up the fact that we should sign Motta but just because theres 1 italian defender in the prem who is shit does not mean Motta will be?

I mean look at Chiellini do you think if we signed him he would be shit?

Nationality is completely non important in this debate.

What it boils down to is does he play a style of football suited to the league.

From what i've heard from the lads in italy on here and seen (all be it on you tube) i'd say he has a greater chance of being a success rather than a failure.

Besides of it all flops, who gives a monkeys, he's on loan.
Blue Blood

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm not so sure on where I stand ultimately on the question of Italian defenders in the PL.

Good (miserly, tight) defending in Italy to me comes from several sources. Good talented players, very regimented mindset/discipline and excellent drilling in preparation (also from what I've seen of Mancini so far I'd add to that, a lot of communication/tightening up of the defence DURING the game).

I think that if you just take an Italian defender (even a good one) and plonk him into an English team with English teammates (who have very different background on the above issues..) add to that an English coach and English preparation. Then you are not guaranteed to (or are even unlikely to) see the same player/performances

The difference in our current situation is...we have Mancini and his staff

I'll trust his judgement and am v much looking forward to seeing Italians in the PL under an Italian coach.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

After the Udinese "go ahead", Motta almost has a ticket for Manchester in his hands: "We are talking about a six-months loan"
The agent of the Giallorossi defender: "The City interest is alive and concrete"

Marco Motta is about to try the adventure on the other side of the Channel. Waiting for him with open arms is Roberto Mancini, who has chosen him to fill the right flank of the ambitious Manchester City's back line.

The Roma full back is a concrete target for the Citizens, as his agent Giuseppe Bozzo confirmed: "There is an alive and concrete interest. We are talking for a six-months loan".

Motta is in co-ownership between Roma and Udinese, so the Roman club has to ask to the Udinese board before giving the "go ahead" to the transfer. The Udinese sporting director Sergio Gasparin, reached by AsRomaLive.com, says he is all for giving the defender his ok. "We still haven't talked about it, but the relationship with Roma is so good..."

Taken from the italian version of Goal.com.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum