Controversial Opinions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Controversial Opinions

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am

I wouldn't mind at all if the rumours are true and we are looking to bring in Pippo Inzaghi on loan just til the summer (when he's supposedly going to join Parma).

He's a sneaky, devious, cheating but very talented bastard. Old though he is he could defo do a job from the bench IMO
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 am

ant london wrote:I wouldn't mind at all if the rumours are true and we are looking to bring in Pippo Inzaghi on loan just til the summer (when he's supposedly going to join Parma).

He's a sneaky, devious, cheating but very talented bastard. Old though he is he could defo do a job from the bench IMO

He is actually probably LEAST talented player I've ever seen at that level. He has no technique to mention, can't shoot or head or pass or anything. But boy, is he ALWAYS on right place to score.

I remember reading an interview with italian player (can't remember which one) somewhere years ago. He said that when Pippo broke through to Italian national side they were shocked in first training session as he could hardly play football! But once they got to finishing practise, they understood why he was in squad.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 am

I long for the day we sign Ronaldo & Rooney. The two best players in world football with Messi a close third.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He is actually probably LEAST talented player I've ever seen at that level. He has no technique to mention, can't shoot or head or pass or anything. But boy, is he ALWAYS on right place to score.

yep he sure is....he is an ugly player to watch (actually he's an ugly mofo too) but he has a sixth sense for sniffing out a goal. And, well for a striker, that's the main element of talent I'm bothered about.

I want a like for like replacement for Robinho should he go but to get us where we want to be this season I'm more interested in a pure goalscorer. We will create a ton of chances....we just need someone to stick them away!

Pippo In
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:I wouldn't mind at all if the rumours are true and we are looking to bring in Pippo Inzaghi on loan just til the summer (when he's supposedly going to join Parma).

He is actually probably LEAST talented player I've ever seen at that level. He has no technique to mention, can't shoot or head or pass or anything. But boy, is he ALWAYS on right place to score.

I remember reading an interview with italian player (can't remember which one) somewhere years ago. He said that when Pippo broke through to Italian national side they were shocked in first training session as he could hardly play football! But once they got to finishing practise, they understood why he was in squad.

so true, but you just know the second he set foot in england he'd fall to shit and do a Maccarone et al
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Andy, lincs » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 am

I find watching City or England in a pub or bar absolutely horrible. Its either at the ground or in the living room for me. I hate the atmosphere of a few people really caring about it and the rest indifferent. The indifferent ones generally want to chat and have no idea that what is going on in the football is far more important than their sole destroying crap about work or relationships, but I'm just too polite to tell them to piss off unfortunately!
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 am

Andy, lincs wrote:I find watching City or England in a pub or bar absolutely horrible. Its either at the ground or in the living room for me. I hate the atmosphere of a few people really caring about it and the rest indifferent. The indifferent ones generally want to chat and have no idea that what is going on in the football is far more important than their sole destroying crap about work or relationships, but I'm just too polite to tell them to piss off unfortunately!

could you go to a pub on your own where you don't have to talk to people?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:17 am

Andy, lincs wrote:I find watching City or England in a pub or bar absolutely horrible. Its either at the ground or in the living room for me. I hate the atmosphere of a few people really caring about it and the rest indifferent. The indifferent ones generally want to chat and have no idea that what is going on in the football is far more important than their sole destroying crap about work or relationships, but I'm just too polite to tell them to piss off unfortunately!

Leave your mrs, fuck the kids off and move to Manchester? Is that controversial enough?

I agree re: England, as many are ambivalent - but when it comes to City vs United, if you are not at the game then the atmosphere in a pub in/close to Manchester is hard to beat - especially if its a pub your not a regular in. You get the intimidation, and all the emotions.

I watched last one in the Calder in Accrington of all places, and it was rocking, albeit full of "never been" munes who knew fuck all about football - really enjoyed winding em up and making em look foolish with their lack of class. I went fucking mental when Bellamy scored, whole place turned to stare as I was jumping on the table in the corner, probably only 2/3 blues out of 100 in there. Fucking wankers gave it me back big time 5 mins later when Owen scored - thats what its all about, good banter, and u just dont get that from your dog or gerbil
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 am

In previous years I'd have understood the reluctance from some to stay away from the pub and not get the grief or to not go through the torture of us getting beat in public. But these days there is little excuse.

The part, however, about people not paying attention, being ambivalent and talking to you DOES actually fuck me off. People did that when I first arrived in Cairo at the club where I watch the football. They have all now, however, learned to give me space to watch and not talk to me except if it related to football!

I loved being the only blue who went into my local in London too. Giving it to all the part time reds and getting amused "respect"-ish from the gooners and hammers fans (and none from the chelsea and spurs lot!)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 am

ant london wrote:The best poster on this site is barely out of short trousers.

A 19 year old with a name that contains too many vowels (3) and insufficient consenants (1) puts the vast majority to absolute shame and leaves the best of the rest in his pubescent wake.

This is a fact

I've been racking my brains and can't think who this is
Scatman

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 am

Scatman wrote:

A 19 year old with a name that contains too many vowels (3) and insufficient consenants (1) puts the vast majority to absolute shame and leaves the best of the rest in his pubescent wake.

This is a fact

Eoin, a.k.a. Colin the King.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby HeyMark » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am

mr_nool wrote:
Scatman wrote:

This is a fact

Bit of an anti-climax.

PBL thought it was pronounced e-on until I corrected him that its owen
HeyMark

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:01 pm

ant london wrote:In previous years I'd have understood the reluctance from some to stay away from the pub and not get the grief or to not go through the torture of us getting beat in public. But these days there is little excuse.

The part, however, about people not paying attention, being ambivalent and talking to you DOES actually fuck me off. People did that when I first arrived in Cairo at the club where I watch the football. They have all now, however, learned to give me space to watch and not talk to me except if it related to football!

I loved being the only blue who went into my local in London too. Giving it to all the part time reds and getting amused "respect"-ish from the gooners and hammers fans (and none from the chelsea and spurs lot!)

Iv always still gone to the pub when City have been on.Even in my rag infested town. All glory seekers and have never been to a game in their lives, so I always use that as a weapon to shut them up.

I also know what you are on about with people chatting etc when 'their' team is playing. Liverpool fans seem the worst for it in my home town. Iv even seen things as bad as people playing games of pool while their team is on the screens. But yeah, I also hate it when people start chatting to you when you are trying to watch the game.Its usually the ones that dont really have much of an understanding on football or dont follow it at all. They usually get the message soon enough.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

HeyMark wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Scatman wrote:

This is a fact

Bit of an anti-climax.

PBL thought it was pronounced e-on until I corrected him that its owen

I thought (and hoped) that it was Eh-o-in. Sounds way cooler than Owen. Owen fucking Hughes. What sort of a name is that really ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum