Controversial Opinions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Controversial Opinions

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Sarcasm in an forum argument pisses me off. Its much easier to be straight with someone than patronise and provoke. The former merely adds fuel to the fire IMO.

Ohh you're soooooo right, well done.

Are you being sarcastic Edward?!

I'm sure you'd know if I was.

Oh no I can imagine this going on all day, just ignore me ;)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Sarcasm in an forum argument pisses me off. Its much easier to be straight with someone than patronise and provoke. The former merely adds fuel to the fire IMO.

Ohh you're soooooo right, well done.

Are you being sarcastic Edward?!

No he's being COMPLETELY sincere.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:What the fuck has this thread got to do with the Maine Football Forum? Its as 'off topic' as you can get.

Anyway, controversial opinions...

Ade wearing an arsenal jersey pissed me off at the time, even though he'd been invovled in a tragedy a few days earlier.

Sven's football always bored me and I thought he was a piss taker with how little he seemed to care about the club. He was the Robinho of managers!

I think Stuart Pearce did a great job driving us up the table to almost qualify for europe, dealing with losing our best players and having the smallest budget to work with... and still keeping us in the premier league. I honestly believe we wouldn't be playing football like we did if we'd have the money we have now. I also think he will manager England one day, after managing in the premier league for maybe ten years at somewhere like West Ham.

I wanted Carlos Tevez more than every other player we were linked with in the last window (maybe on par with Eto'o) and even when he was playing for U***d, I couldn't help but like him. It made my year when we finally signed him and I had little doubt he would be more important to us than Robinho. I also think he's a far better player than Robinho.

I think there are people on this board who aren't genuine Man city supporters. They are supporters of the money and would be gone like a light if the Sheikh left. They tend to want to cause rows and haven't the capabilities to analyse a game of football. Some are gone now having been found out after a year or so, but there's one or two left.

I think City will win the premier league before Liverpool do. This may not be controversial any longer, but not one person agreed with me when I first said it after the takeover.

Sarcasm in an forum argument pisses me off. Its much easier to be straight with someone than patronise and provoke. The former merely adds fuel to the fire IMO.

I HATE IT WHEN POSTERS WONT NAME AND SHAME.
I LIKE YOU YOU OD BUT ID PREFER IT IF YOU NAMED THESE SUPPOSED NON MAN CITY FANS.
I LIKE CONFRONTATION.
I HATE SNIDY LITTLE POSTERS WHO WILL NOT VENT THEIR TRUE FEELINGS ABOUT TOPICS.
I HATE POSTERS WHO WANT TO BE LIKED ALL THE TIME.
I LIKE DAZBY FOR TURNING INTO A PROPER POSTER WHO HAS NOW SHAKEN OFF HIS MARY WHITEHOUSE TAG.

APART FROM WANTING TO SHAG SIS OF FU MOST OF MY NORMAL POSTS ARE CONTROVERSIAL SO I DONT SEE ANYTHING ELSE IN MY REPERTOIR TO ADD ON THIS PARTICULAR OT.

No mate, because its purely suspicion and can't be proven and while I don't mind confrontation, its the worst thing you can say to someone on this board, especially if you're wrong! So in this particular case, I won't be giving names. Maybe I'm on my own in this thinking, but the money brought in some really strange characters....

I also think Ashton is CITYTILLIDIE11 re-incarnated.
I like you CARL. Nearly as much as you like your CAPS LOCK.
I miss Dev.
Original Dub

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:14 pm

I agree that a sizeable minority on the site are overly sensitive. The reaction to the completely reasonable Foe comments on here was nothing compared to when someone started a thread a month or two ago asking if he would make the current team. I happen to think he was pretty crap for a few months and then brilliant from about February onwards when he found his feet. Me and my brother also used to call him Kryten for his wayward heading of the ball; he was surprisingly bad in the air à la Sibierski given his height. Still, this was a term of endearment and I loved the guy as a player and as a person.

I think that an element on the site wants to kill the concept of debate. If we all agreed, there'd be no forum. As a case in point, I disagree very often with NQDP, but always look forward to reading his posts. I also buy The Times despite being a committed liberal. I enjoy debate and don't get offended by people putting down my opinions.

ashton287 is hilarious.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I agree that a sizeable minority on the site are overly sensitive. The reaction to the completely reasonable Foe comments on here was nothing compared to when someone started a thread a month or two ago asking if he would make the current team. I happen to think he was pretty crap for a few months and then brilliant from about February onwards when he found his feet. Me and my brother also used to call him Kryten for his wayward heading of the ball; he was surprisingly bad in the air à la Sibierski given his height. Still, this was a term of endearment and I loved the guy as a player and as a person.

I think that an element on the site wants to kill the concept of debate. If we all agreed, there'd be no forum. As a case in point, I disagree very often with NQDP, but always look forward to reading his posts. I also buy The Times despite being a committed liberal. I enjoy debate and don't get offended by people putting down my opinions.

ashton287 is hilarious.

Yeah you touched on it there mate, its a trend lately to wade into a debate and start giving out about how unfair it is (for whatever reason) to have said debate/discussion.

High horses everywhere lately.
Original Dub

Postby HeyMark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm

I often question if any of CARL'S stories are actually real
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote: I HATE POSTERS WHO WANT TO BE LIKED ALL THE TIME.

That's one of the things that REALLY piss me off both here but in real life as well. I can't stand people who just want to please everyone. First of all, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE IN LIFE. Second, you lose your fucking personality if you don't have opinions of your own and just aim to please.

I sometimes have to go down that route at work, laughing at some dickheads shit jokes. I always hate myself for it.

I like people who have opinions, whether they agree or disagree with me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

That's one of the things that REALLY piss me off both here but in real life as well. I can't stand people who just want to please everyone. First of all, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE IN LIFE. Second, you lose your fucking personality if you don't have opinions of your own and just aim to please.

I sometimes have to go down that route at work, laughing at some dickheads shit jokes. I always hate myself for it.

I disagree.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I disagree.

You usually do!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I disagree.

You're only disagreeing just to please him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I disagree.

I've created a paradox, haven't I?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I disagree.

I've created a paradox, haven't I?

If you say so.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Lot of words without actually saying anything. 'I am behind him BUT....'. You should have balls to show your true colours and not use some weird undertones and act like some sort of victim. We already got DHTP to do that.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:This is disappointment to say the least. I expected decent row still going on but some lightweight insults only. There's only DHTP and Original Dub left who can have decent arguments with. Rest are bunch of 'boohoo, I'm a victim' New York City survivor softies. I miss dev.

I don't think NQDP knows what day it is half the time.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 pm

I think that all you foreign posters who have been following City since we were properly shit...and chose to do so...when you could have followed any other, half decent team in the world. Well, some might think you made a noble, corinthian spirited choice borne out of a love for the underdog (and/or a dislike for United) and that the sporting gods are rewarding you for this morally just decision.

I on the other hand think you are all silly fucking cunts who made a frankly ridiculous and contary choice. I certainly would not employ any of you to make decisions on my behalf. I honestly worry about your mental health
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm

ant london wrote:I think that all you foreign posters who have been following City since we were properly shit...and chose to do so...when you could have followed any other, half decent team in the world. Well, some might think you made a noble, corinthian spirited choice borne out of a love for the underdog (and/or a dislike for U***d) and that the sporting gods are rewarding you for this morally just decision.

I on the other hand think you are all silly fucking cunts who made a frankly ridiculous and contary choice. I certainly would not employ any of you to make decisions on my behalf. I honestly worry about your mental health

HA HA! That's too true. NQDP is clearly a raving loony ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 pm

ant london wrote:I think that all you foreign posters who have been following City since we were properly shit...and chose to do so...when you could have followed any other, half decent team in the world. Well, some might think you made a noble, corinthian spirited choice borne out of a love for the underdog (and/or a dislike for U***d) and that the sporting gods are rewarding you for this morally just decision.

Hahaha thanks. I started supporting City when they nearly got relegated again under KK and Pearce took over and just about got City out of the relegation zone. :)

That's when I met my wife.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:12 pm

You might be right. 14-9-1985 we got beaten 0-3 at home by Rags. That's the day that changed my life forever. My father and grandfather both had bet for us to win (lesson number one, NEVER bet on City). I could've gone other ways though if next week I hadn't found City shirt from local sports store and demanded it for late birthday present. There were five available, City, rags, Liverpool, Wolverhampton and Watford (go figure).

I mean 0-3 at home, I can't even say I wasn't warned.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blootoof » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
blootoof wrote:I think I bummed a transsexual once.

Not alone there mate. Did she look like a cross between Didier Drogba and Leona Lewis and was always going "HAHAARR" and waffling on about parrots and buried treasure?

Just me then

Not really, it was the cock that gave it away.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm

blootoof wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Not alone there mate. Did she look like a cross between Didier Drogba and Leona Lewis and was always going "HAHAARR" and waffling on about parrots and buried treasure?

Just me then

PMSL!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:24 pm

blootoof wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Just me then

BOOOOM!!!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum