We need a new forward

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We need a new forward

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

With RSC being made of glass, Benjani being bollocks and Robinho proberly joining Santos on loan we need a new centre-forward, Ade's mindframe could be fucked so we really are short there leaving only Bellamy and Tevez fit for action. If I was Roberto I would break the back for Carlton Cole, £15million plus Benjani. I think he would suit are system very well and would allow Bellamy and Tevez to play of him finding space on the ball.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: We need a new forward

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:39 pm

No way Carlton Cole.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Wouldn't mind Cole or Carew on loan til the summer. We need a strong forward now that RSC has confirmed that he is still a crock
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:With RSC being made of glass, Benjani being bollocks and Robinho proberly joining Santos on loan we need a new centre-forward, Ade's mindframe could be fucked so we really are short there leaving only Bellamy and Tevez fit for action. If I was Roberto I would break the back for Carlton Cole, £15million plus Benjani. I think he would suit are system very well and would allow Bellamy and Tevez to play of him finding space on the ball.

FMTWF!

You must be joking right?

Honestly I think he has the ability to be a good player in our system, who else could we go for in the Prem and have a chance of getting in January?.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm

but carlton cole would be useless to us next season in the CL, panic buying is how we ended up with benjani in the first place
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Burt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:42 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:With RSC being made of glass, Benjani being bollocks and Robinho proberly joining Santos on loan we need a new centre-forward, Ade's mindframe could be fucked so we really are short there leaving only Bellamy and Tevez fit for action. If I was Roberto I would break the back for Carlton Cole, £15million plus Benjani. I think he would suit are system very well and would allow Bellamy and Tevez to play of him finding space on the ball.

FMTWF!

Honestly I think he has the ability to be a good player in our system, who else could we go for in the Prem and have a chance of getting in January?.

Kevin Davies and no I'm not joking. He's do a good job for us till the end of the season IMO.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Svensational wrote:

FMTWF!

You'd pay £15m for Cole plus Benjani? Thats got to be the most stupidest thing Ive ever heard. I like Cole, I think hes a great finisher of the ball, but never worth that much plus a striker as well, even if Benjani isnt worth a packet of crisp.

Why does it have to be a prem striker that we sign??

I agree. But RSC isn't worth 17million either. Fact is, transfer market is ridiculous atm.
Try to sort out some kind of loan deal for Cole I'd say, but why the fucl would West Ham want to do that?
Fidel Castro

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Svensational wrote:

FMTWF!

You'd pay £15m for Cole plus Benjani? Thats got to be the most stupidest thing Ive ever heard. I like Cole, I think hes a great finisher of the ball, but never worth that much plus a striker as well, even if Benjani isnt worth a packet of crisp.

So you seriously think West Ham would part with there best player for anything less then than £15mill and buying strikers from abroad is always 50/50 alot of the time when you buy a forward from abroad last minute in January they turn out to be wank.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:46 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Svensational wrote:

FMTWF!

So you seriously think West Ham would part with there best player for anything less then than £15mill and buying strikers from abroad is always 50/50 alot of the time when you buy a forward from abroad last minute in January they turn out to be wank.

if it's not too late we could use Weiss as a bargaining tool.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Dzeko, no doubts. He is one I'd break the bank for, imho he's very suited to the English game.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Let's just break the transfer record and sign Villa. Best striker in the world without a doubt.
Only realistic option I can think of is taking Balotelli of Mourinho's hands. Huge talent, has worked well with Mancini in the past, doesn't particularly like Mourinho, gets racially abused in Italy every week. I think he would jump at the chance
Last edited by Fidel Castro on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fidel Castro

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:47 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Dzeko, no doubts. He is one I'd break the bank for, imho he's very suited to the English game.

Good call. Anelka anyone? He's stalling over a contract at Chelsea.
edge275

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Svensational, true but who else is there? Dzeko as someone said but we would most likely have to pay around £35mill for someone who's never played in the Prem.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

edge275 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Dzeko, no doubts. He is one I'd break the bank for, imho he's very suited to the English game.

Would be a brilliant signing, he seems very happy at Chelsea though =\
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Carew's a good shout - would MON sell to us though?
The Man In Blue

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 pm

That.

Also if Carlton Cole came to city, i'd be calling for someones head. Good player but crocked 90% of the season. Not a player city should ever consider signing!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Let's just break the transfer record and sign Villa. Best striker in the world without a doubt.
Only realistic option I can think of is taking Balotelli of Mourinho's hands. Huge talent, has worked well with Mancini in the past, doesn't particularly like Mourinho, gets racially abused in Italy every week. I think he would jump at the chance

Good shout, that. I'm sure he'd be over the moon to be able to work with Mancini again, but even if he doesn't seem to rate him in interviews and such, I'm not sure Mourinho would let him go.

Yeah, reckon he could be decent enough ;)
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Good shout, that. I'm sure he'd be over the moon to be able to work with Mancini again, but even if he doesn't seem to rate him in interviews and such, I'm not sure Mourinho would let him go.

Six-month loan? how much game time does he get for inter?

Kirkic at barca - saw that on newsnow before. probably bollocks but he's not playing much atm.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Man In Blue

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 pm

edge275 wrote:

how longs left on his current contract, lets tap him up so he wont renew and get him on a free when his contract runs out, see how chelski like it. we get anelka and they get sturridge, ill get my old anelka shirts out.

but i think if robbie goes we put in atleast a big bid for a world class striker, villa, ibra, torress but we need ot try something atleast
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum