Stoke at home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stoke at home

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:OK, this is for real, my daughter is some sort of freaky witch doctor.

I said, not 3 minutes before the draw, 'Go out and sort Stoke at home please'. She left the room and returned, said she had fixed it. I nearly fell over when it came out.

Choice draw for us I reckon.

What does she say about tomorrow night?

Haha. Seriously, I often ask her to go and pray for a goal. You would not believe how often in happens too.

I know, I know, chances are goals get scored, but it is a bit uncanny.

Hey, we had this one thing going once when I would go out of the Kippax for a piss and miss a City goal. It happened 3 or 4 times on the trot. At WBA one saturday, we were 1 down. me old man says, 'Time for a piss Michael?'. Out I go. Varadi equalises.

I am not alone in thinking I, or my actions, can somehow alter the course of destiny, the space-time continuum and what City do. It's a sign of madness. But I am not alone. Rituals, etc, it's all Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, just in different guises. lol.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:OK, this is for real, my daughter is some sort of freaky witch doctor.

I said, not 3 minutes before the draw, 'Go out and sort Stoke at home please'. She left the room and returned, said she had fixed it. I nearly fell over when it came out.

Haha. Seriously, I often ask her to go and pray for a goal. You would not believe how often in happens too.

Hey, we had this one thing going once when I would go out of the Kippax for a piss and miss a City goal. It happened 3 or 4 times on the trot. At WBA one saturday, we were 1 down. me old man says, 'Time for a piss Michael?'. Out I go. Varadi equalises.

I am not alone in thinking I, or my actions, can somehow alter the course of destiny, the space-time continuum and what City do. It's a sign of madness. But I am not alone. Rituals, etc, it's all Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, just in different guises. lol.

I'm not a religious person but that sounds a bit selfish and almost a bit like sacrilege. I mean, you could ask her to go and pray for world peace, food and shelter for everyone on Haiti, or for something more useful for humanity, seeing as she's on good terms with whomever she's praying to.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

I'm not a religious person but that sounds a bit selfish and almost a bit like sacrilege. I mean, you could ask her to go and pray for world peace, food and shelter for everyone on Haiti, or for something more useful for humanity, seeing as she's on good terms with whomever she's praying to.

yeah, i should. just having a bit of fun with my kid. makes us laugh, really nothing more than that.
s1ty m

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:24 pm

s1ty m wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

yeah i could. just having a bit of fun with my kid.

bad fishing on my part. I'd be very glad if she helps us bag a few tomorrow.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 pm

yeah i could. just having a bit of fun with my kid.[/quote]

bad fishing on my part. I'd be very glad if she helps us bag a few tomorrow.[/quote]

no sweat mate, just a bit of fun. not biting! and be sure, if needed, she will get a request. here's hoping not.
s1ty m

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Confirmed for 1715 on Sat 13 Feb:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -confirmed

It doesn't mention TV but I presume it is on ITV1 - this KO time was, for the last round.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:Confirmed for 1715 on Sat 13 Feb:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -confirmed

It doesn't mention TV but I presume it is on ITV1 - this KO time was, for the last round.

I dont know if ITV will show it but Setanta over here will deffo have it, i checkd the schedule and they have a slot at 17:00 so i'm guessing it will be us. Are there any other games that start at 17:00 except ours?
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Could anyone confirm how many large bath towels we need to supply on the Advertising boards ?

I'm not sure because their pitch is smaller than ours and we will probably need four large towels on
both sides of the pitch. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, 1. what colours must be supplied, 'antagonistic blue' ? or simply white with a red stripe on it ?

2.Is it conceivable, because of the extra distance between the advertising hoardings and the side-line, that the referee
will have to add on an amount of extra -time because of the extra distance travelled ( their pitch being the size
kindergarten play area ) ?

3. Do we get the same throw-in conditions as Stoke, or must we play to regular football rules ( this being the FA cup, i'm
not so sure how it works ).

4. Once the towels are damp , do we need to replace them ?

5. Will Stoke accept only 100% cotton towels ? Egyptian or US cotton ?

I hope we can get these answers sorted out before the game. I'd really hate us to be found wanting to accomodate the
strange ritual that the Stoke players have when throwing the ball in.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby giokingkladze » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 pm

It is definitely on ITV
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 pm

giokingkladze wrote:It is definitely on ITV

Great.

At least we have this competition to focus on after last night, instead of the usual concentration on the league.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Lawro has tipped us to win 2-1. Bugger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8511545.stm

According to him the final 8 will be:

Us
Chelski
Derby or Birmingham
Reading
Southampton or Pompey
Spuds
Villa
Fulham

When are you going to launch the official match thread, Lewis?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum