Ibrahim

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ibrahim

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Thought he looked good today, also Boyatta looks better everytime he plays.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Ibrahim

Postby TonyM » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Defo has a future in the game. Very impressed with both. Great to see Cunningham too - think he suffered a bit with nerves but that's not a bad thing for a kid.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Could be a good box-to-box mid. He was better on the ball than I first thought. Some good tricks going forward. Kept his discipline well in the second half when he went into the "Schlong position".
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Good Times » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 pm

It's brilliant that Mancini is giving these young guys the opportunity. Boyota (as he did against the rags) looked very composed. I think him and Kompany are forming a great understanding.
[center]Image[/center]
Good Times
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Erwin Rommel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

No worse than Crofty.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Erwin Rommel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm

No worse than Crofty.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:56 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Thought he looked good today, also Boyatta looks better everytime he plays.

Needs to let the "mistakes" go...against the Rags and today the ball came off him, and he held his head in his hands. Certainly not his fault, but he needs to let it slide....shit happens!

But at least he cares....Ibrahim was good, and Cunningham did OK...thought the booking was very harsh for stubbing his foot at worst
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Martinez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 pm

I thought Ibrahim looked average tbh, quite good positioning and tackling but distribution was so so imo. It's a very difficult position for a young player though, experience is vital for a good CM. Dedryk looks like he's been in the team for as long as Ned or Micah imo, very composed, cool and quite commanding when he steps forward
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Blue2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Excellent debut, especially first half. Looked very composed.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 am

Quality passing and has an eye for the ball hopefully the start of something special for the lad.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 am

made a great saving tackle in the first half - The fact they nearly scored from the corner was down to grossly foolish defending.
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 am

If you can tackle, pass, run with the ball , have a good 1st touch, strength & are quick you're half way there. He proved to have all of that in his 1st game. Obviously he'll need more of it in the PL but it's a really great start & having Patrick Vieira to learn from won't do him any harm.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If you can tackle, pass, run with the ball , have a good 1st touch, strength & are quick you're half way there. He proved to have all of that in his 1st game. Obviously he'll need more of it in the PL but it's a really great start & having Patrick Vieira to learn from won't do him any harm.

I agree all of it except like I said on match thread for me he seemed to be lacking little bit pace which worried me a bit.

Apart from the own goal, which was just unlucky, Boyata was excellent again today.

Cunningham didn't impress me at all. Sad to say that about Academy product but he made one decent tackle but other than that he seemed to miss just about every pass, which could be down to nerves though. Doubt he will be making the grade with us though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If you can tackle, pass, run with the ball , have a good 1st touch, strength & are quick you're half way there. He proved to have all of that in his 1st game. Obviously he'll need more of it in the PL but it's a really great start & having Patrick Vieira to learn from won't do him any harm.

I agree all of it except like I said on match thread for me he seemed to be lacking little bit pace which worried me a bit.

Apart from the own goal, which was just unlucky, Boyata was excellent again today.

Cunningham didn't impress me at all. Sad to say that about Academy product but he made one decent tackle but other than that he seemed to miss just about every pass, which could be down to nerves though. Doubt he will be making the grade with us though.

Bloody hell mate, I agree he appeared shredded with nerves, but give the kid at least 3 games before you bounce him out the door.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

Bloody hell mate, I agree he appeared shredded with nerves, but give the kid at least 3 games before you bounce him out the door.

I think it's just a little bit harsh as he recovered from nerves well imo & did ok with the ball but I have to agree that when I've seen him at any level I've not seen anything special in him & I've seen him a number of times. The way they test these lads & everything these days though, there could be a lot of things which they know about him that lead them to believe he'll turn into a player, how he'll develop physically, his temperament etc compared to others who look better at this moment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Ibrahim looked Ok especially first half. But then you have to take into account the lower level of opposition. They were pretty poor really and another reason why Dedryck looked pretty good Sunday.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

He was the player other than petrov that stood out for me. He gave the ball away once or twice but looked great in the middle of the park. He looked strong too , yeah the opposition wasnt great but robinho was on the pitch as well ? but ibrahim id like to see alot more games from him.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I don't wish to slag him off or anything but I simply didn't see the attributes that make a Premier League player in him. He didn't seem to have pace, strength or passing skills required. It's a harsh world is professional football and unfortunately you will not get too many chances to show what you got.

Besides, it's quite obvious that not all of them are going to make it. Out of that bunch Boyata stands head and shoulders above rest. Weiss, I think, will make it if he hones some weaknesses in his game. If we can turn those two into top flight players, the Academy would've done tremendous job AGAIN.

Then there are of course players like Trippier and Robbie Mak who could still break through.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum