Our Debutants

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Our Debutants

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:very surprised to hear the taylor comments, I thought he played very well indeed

I think he confused the defenders. They're not used to a goalkeeper who comes off his line to catch crosses... that was the problem :-)
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby irblinx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 pm

ant london wrote:I am always confused as to how we all read/see performaces differently.

I thought Taylor was pretty poor. Completely inadequate deputy for Shay IMO. Just frightening to think how at risk we'd be with him vs good prem opposition.

Cunningham I didn't really have much view as to whether he was good or bad. Fairly anonymous.

Boyata was very strong throughout and I was hugely impressed by Ibrahim who I thought was brilliant on and off the ball. He is the one out of the four who looks like he got the right stuff

Read my mind, If someone has a crack from 30 yards with Shay in net I expect him to save it, with Taylor I was cacking it. He made one spectacular looking save (on replays it was straight at him so only looked spectacular) and one really good catch, other than that he just didn't command his area and didn't appear to make much of a fist of saving either goal.

Boyata proved that he is significantly better than the Scunthorpe level, MOTM for me.

Ibrahim was quality in the first half but faded a little in the second which is only to be expected really as he would have expended a lot of nervous energy up by then, his first touch wasn't always great but certainly seemed composed and not shy of a tackle.

Cunningham was VERY unlucky to get booked, a really poor decision, but I thought he did ok on a couple of occasions
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:26 pm

9secondlegend wrote:it doesnt matter , we are ruining football.

Spot on, doesn't matter how many kids we blood we are of course ruining football, unlike United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal who are full of homegrown English players who came through their academy's and they haven't spent a penny unlike us. Arsenal even bravely blooded young Sol Campbell today - such a great thing for English football, unlike us ruining it with Boyata, Onouha, Ireland, Ibrahim, Cunningham etc from our own academy. Shame on us.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 am

Thought Taylor was very good, did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever from start to finish, Ibrahim excellent & really really impressed me & Cunningham showed good bottle to overcome a nervous start. On the strength of that game I'd expect to see a lot more of Ibrahim in the future than the other 2 though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 am

Cunningham was very, very nervous at first. Not at all comfortable when he was about to come on and almost got punished right at the start. But he got better.

Not sure he ever made it back to normal level-headed. Wouldn't judge too much on this. Did some decent defending but was very cautious about getting forward (not wanting to get caught out).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 am

Taylor did one good save except for that looks like he cannot command the box at all and is afraid to leave his line costing us 1 goal yesterday.
Cunningham I didn't really see too much of what I did see I wasn't too impressed but its early days I won't make a judgement on 30 minutes or so.
Ibrahim made some very nice moves looks like a bright spark lets hope he can take this experience and go further.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby simon12 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Ibrahim looked very comfy with the ball first half and put his foot in when needed. Boyata growing in confidence and plays well with Vinny. Cunningham I personally need to see more of him and Taylor was ok.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum